Analyst sees delays for Apple iPhone 5S, low cost iPhone and Apple iPad mini 2; stock plunges
According to the analyst, the Apple iPhone 5S is having pre-production issues. Mass-production of the phone is at least a month away, Misek stated. Along with the delay in iOS 7, he says a July launch of the next iteration of the iPhone is out of the question. He also says that there is no chance that we will see the Apple iPhone 6 in calendar year 2013. That last point is a bit odd since no one had expected the iPhone 6 until 2014.
The low cost version of the Apple iPhone, expected to be produced for emerging markets like China and India, is now delayed and Misek sees a Q4 launch a possibility. Lastly, problems that Apple's partners are having producing Retina display screens for the next Apple iPad mini could lead to a launch later in the second quarter than originally thought. Raising the resolution on the iPad mini was an important target for Apple since the 1024 x 768 resolution screen on the current 7.9 inch device has a rather poor pixel density of 162ppi.
The combination of the possible product delays and a weak market disturbed by domestic events, pushed Apple briefly under $400 earlier on Wednesday. The stock, which hit a 52 week high last September 21st at $705 on the launch of the Apple iPhone 5, is now trading at $401, down more than 5% on the day, or $25. Wednesday's low was $398.11 which is a new 52 week low.
64. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Yes, Good news, and Samsung also on the way down.
68. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Samsung......Yea in your dreams it has™®
83. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I smelled you a Samsung fan from miles away, How much they pay you?
89. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Emily, you and Troll behave lol. No flame war
93. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Not a Samsung fan, but an Android™
Like Samsung Sony Htc iPhone LG Moto oPpo5 Nokia©
104. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I want to understand from where comes all this hate?
107. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I wish I knew Emily. It gets really bad too, I don't know if your new to this site, but if you are and you're an apple user...get ready for lotsa hate. Most of the android users are very cool people, just here to chat and connect with others. Then there's lolioslol, PhoneArenaUser, OpenSourceftw, droiddoes, GMracer1, and Taters. I'm sure you'll experience them soon enough. Troll is actually a cool guy, he just loves to kid around so don't take him serious...he's just having fun.
112. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You still remember them?
Were are all the regular posters gone...™
And dark you forgot Billythebutpounder
118. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I think he got a permanent vacation from PA.
114. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I've never used Apple devices, I've used Android in the last two years and now the amazing Lumia 920 but I respect Apple .
I see a lot of people pick on Apple, BlackBerry and Nokia but only Nokia fans strong enough to fight back ;).
117. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Yep a lot of apple fans have gone to other sites. They say they just got sick of the disrespect they get. I chat with some of them on done other sites.
123. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
2 to 4 years ago there were 35% apple users on Pa, but now around 10 users are left™
I think its cause of the bad sad mad and low hate names the other OS users call them, and realized buying the same phone and same ios over over again.
There are more Android Fandroids on the net than other users™
Dont agree, Red from me®
124. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Dark emily is kinda new, ive seen her post befor.
Maybe on pa for 6 or 9 months?
126. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Ok cuz I'd never seen her till today
125. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Lots of WP8 fandroid haters on this site also, but then it's possible either Google or Samsung pays these shills to spread misinformation about competing products available on other platforms. It's also very possible many of these hardcore critics are malware developers and distributors, who are into stealing various types of user information for the purpose of committing cyber-crimes. They clearly wish to prevent so called "walled gardens", the likes of which might hinder their illegal activities...
As for Apple, the king is dead - long live the king! I guess Steve Jobs was the king, and now Apple is just another Tech company. Google is at the top now, but every star goes Nova, eventually, and they can expect increasing competition from Microsoft and Nokia, and other WP OEM's as well - count on it!
131. dangchitrung (Posts: 72; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
They pay us satisfaction and pleasure.
108. joey_sfb (Posts: 4360; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Don't really care if Samsung stock is down as long as they provide high spec phone at a reasonable price preferable much lower than iphone 5s.
Well, apple time to up the price for iPhone 5s to make up for the stock losses.
116. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I hope you do not invest in stock because it is just the opposite.
119. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Exactly. He's just blowing hot air I guess
121. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I'm sure he blowing, but it is not hot air.
135. oldmandaddy (Posts: 64; Member since: 01 May 2010)
I prefer pay for my own phone but Verizon have to reduce monthly plan , $20 to $30 less.
2. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I personally think writing novels and kids story books would have been a better career for these "anal-ysts".
3. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Sucks for Apple.. but I called it... 2013 is going to be a bad year for Apple. Especially is they do nothing with the physical appearance of iPhone 5s and same lame design of iOS.
Customers and loyalists (like me) want more of what the competition is offering out of Apple. Don't get me wrong... I think the iPhone 5 is a beautiful phone and very functional. The device just doesn't justify an upgrade from my current iPhone 4.
Still, I have high hopes and higher expectations form Apple in 2014. I just hope they make the needed changes this year instead.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
On one hand these analysts hit the nail on the head a lot of time Dave. On the other apples secrecy this year seems to indicate something big... I could be totally wrong, but one thing I'm cool with is the delay with ios7. That indicates a change, and if that change is worth it then I'm cool with that. As an apple user I expect more from them this year and am waiting like everyone else, to see what they come up with. I've considered making android my primary OS, but until it has native auto compression/auto edit in the video camera I can't. Both OS's deliver in different areas for me, and both fall short. Android in the video camera, and iOS in the customizable/screen size area...that's why I use both.
37. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Yeah... I agree.
I considered making the switch to Android a few months back but decided not to because some of the negative drawbacks and quarks.
Apple has been my phone of choice since day one and they are due for a big change up. I was excited about the iPhone 5 and almost bought it when it was first released. I decided to wait because the 4" screen was a little hokey to me. I think they should have just bit the bullet and went to 4.3" and made everyone happy.
49. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Agreed. I don't think they really need widgets, and stuff. That's great but that's android, I think apple needs to make the iPhone larger, and do something unique to their platform. Android has a lot uniqueness to it that I love. Widgets, app drawer, etc. apple needs to get in the lab. The core functionality of the iPhone is top notch, but the UI is kinda boring now.
120. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
I think the beauty of the iPhone 5 is that it does everything that the large devices do only in very small package.
127. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
That's true. It's a very capable device, but apple needs to rock the boat a bit.
18. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Surely will be the same design!
With A15 Cpu, and maybe PvrSgx554
4. ckoch125 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
This is one of the downfalls of only releasing 1 product a year( 1 iphone, 1 ipad except this year they did 2 ipads)
5. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Good news stock got lower again & now their delaying the iphone5s.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Whatup Troll? Where've you been dude?
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hey dark, hows you bro?
Just came back from a 7days vacation by pa!
Im cool! Youve changed youre picture.
Who is she on the left™®
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
My wife to be bro. Didn't know you got limited...it happens though, believe me I know lol.
17. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
When you getting married?
Yea i no!
20. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
9-21-13 that's the date her mother got married. Well the 9-21 part but 30 years ago lol
26. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Wow what are the odds..... That is the same day I am tying the knot with my fiancee. Grats dark.
33. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You gotta be kidding me bro, now that's a coincidence lol. Ditto on the grats, and good luck to you both bro. I'm nervous, but no second thoughts. She's a keeper, and I'm a lucky guy to have her. Her only complaint about me is that since I bodybuild, I eat too much lol
46. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
I'm lucky to have mine as well dude. She is wonderful, so much so that I don't give her too much crap for being a loyal iPhone user lol. It does everything she wants it to so that is all that matters in the long run. Where are ya'll getting hitched? We are having ours in New Orleans. Love that city, the people, and the food!!!!
59. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O no she's a loyal iPhone user, o nooooooooo™
Just like my wife®
63. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
You have a wife Troll?
You have a Troll Doll??
Wow! I thought you were still an adult kid! :D
Oh, by the way, Androiddownsouth, congrats to you too man!
65. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Thanks Nathan. We are also moving too so my biggest perk about being a rep for Verizon is going to end.....unlimited data/unlimited hotspot..... I seriously want to cry.....
Only upside to it is since she has a family plan for her and her youngest daughter, I can get on that plan and get an HTC One. I'll just have to watch my data from here on out. Sucks, but it is what it is....
69. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Well, that's sad!
Nothing like an unlimited freedom of data...well, that's what i feel!
Just don't forget you'll be having limited source, lol, lest you consume everything. :D
On the other hand, you'll have a new family to keep you occupied so, cheers to that life!
75. androiddownsouth (Posts: 598; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Other problem I'll have is going back to having an AT&T phone. They screwed me over bad for a good bit of money some years back, and when you do that to me, I tend to hold a pretty serious grudge lol.
As for the overall situation, the pros definitely outweigh the cons by a long shot! And who knows. I do have a connection or two that I can use and maybe get to keep it by staying within the Verizon umbrella. I'd definitely like to get out of sales if possible though. My degree in MIS is beginning to rust!
85. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Put that degree to good use :D
I'm sure you'll find a hole you can fill, but find a big one. Haha.
Whatever it is bro, i wish all the happiness to you.
97. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Nathan since when did you start to come to PhoneArena?
132. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Since 2011 i guess, i check PA for news and reviews but never cared to get myself signed up.
72. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Troll Dool, wtf that was funny©
I don't, i'm not living upto my screen name: "TROLL™"
Same to you Nathan™®©
74. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3151; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Glad i could be of some fun to you. I'm just kidding with the adult kid thingy, don't worry...i'm just messing with ya. Haha...
See you around lovers (and haters).
67. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hey Troll behind every good man is a great woman, and behind her is her iPhone lmao.
82. darkkjedii (Posts: 15661; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Troll you better stop making fun of apples falling stock, or your wife's gonna get you lol