Amazon Fire Phone: all the new features
Amazon Fire Phone - all the new features
1. 3D-like Dynamic Perspective sensor system
The list of recognizable items goes on, though. A built-in OCR (Optical Character Recognition) engine allows the Fire Phone to scan text and numbers, allowing you to quickly place calls, for example. This isn't groundbreaking, but what Amazon showed on stage was mostly impressive, and we definitely were surprised by the speed at which Firefly recognized not just characters, but a plethora of items, including paintings, books, and more. And, of course, Firefly dutifully keeps a history of every item you scanned, just in case impulse buying is not quite your thing.
3. Gesture interface
4. 590-nits 4.7" IPS-LCD display
5. Premium design with metal elements
6. 13 MP OIS camera
7. Dual stereo speakers
8. Flat-cable magnetic earpods
9. Free unlimited photo storage
10. Free Amazon Prime membership for a year
11. HERE Maps
12. Amazon exclusive features
1. WinDroid (Posts: 77; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Wake me up when they get cyanogenmod on the phone and it's on verizon. Right now boring waste of resources.
10. 3rdDegree (Posts: 171; Member since: 13 Jul 2013)
Industry leading? The LG Optimus Black had a 700 nit IPS LCD.
13. sbw44 (Posts: 412; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Both the Nokia E6 and 701 had brighter displays. 900nits and a 1000nits respectively.
2. meanestgenius (Posts: 2201; Member since: 28 May 2014)
I really like this phone! Specs and features are great! I hate the price and the AT&T exclusivity, though.
3. sprockkets (Posts: 1360; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Nothing but useless gimicks and a front page to amazon for advertisements and sales.
$200 for a 2 year contract and $650 outright? Screw that sht.
6. fsalto98 (Posts: 31; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
Put on Verizon and it's mine the first day it's out, otherwise I'm just not getting it!
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2010; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Some dev will ruin this device, by installin stock Android.. Making it barely functional..
9. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I see what you did there. Or, they could install iOS and really F#%k it up.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I won't say this phone will totally flop, it may be a slight improvement for anyone upgrading from an iPhone 5S. I'm slightly disappointed, though, cuz' I like Jeff Besos (but, not that way), I just think he's heading down the wrong path. Look on the bright side, at least Amazon won't have to sell to a third-party to liquidate these!!
11. gigaraga (Posts: 1381; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
It doesn't seem too bad. Although I wouldn't get this as a flagship, it still has some pretty interesting features...
12. alumoyo (Posts: 237; Member since: 26 Aug 2013)
NOT CONVINCED - all this motion 3D stuff - its isn't about the phone, its about the USER. As a human, my movements are unpredictable and random - and how will the system know what's deliberate and what's not. It will still be annoying no matter how smooth they have got it working: save that one for another day, its still too soon.