After Asus, now Pantech also complains of Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 chip supply shortages
1. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Good news : Too much demand for S4 chip
Bad news : shortages
11. Igoturballs (Posts: 2; Member since: 07 May 2012)
what I don't get is why is it taking so long for samung to implament lte with exynos??? Ti and qualcomm could do it... I hope samsung could get their act together by next year
2. erikiksaz (Posts: 65; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Report...who is Pantech? Hah, really, what teeny-weeny little piece of the total pie does Pantech require of TSMC anyways.
3. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
HTC and Samsung get priority ordering, which is why u dont see them complaining as much. Pretty much everyone else is screwed.
4. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
So if the shortages are not going to be fixed until the end of the year, what does that say about the next lines of the S4, the Pro and the Quad? They are not going to magically be made.. or at least made with any abundance at all, if they cant get the base chip shipping. It might just end up being a bad time in Qualcomm land later in the year if thats true when the exynos 5250/5450 and OMAP5 drop.
5. RobotMan (Posts: 124; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
No need to sell the new chip to WP marker as they don't need processor that is powerful.
8. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
True, and they don't need hardware....
6. kshell1 (Posts: 1141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Don't get me wrong the 28nm is a great tech and the s4 is a great chip but they should have went with 32nm because look at the shortages now.
9. medicci37 (Posts: 552; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
WTH is taking Samsung & TI so long to introduce quad core. Quad was supposed to be out last summer. These manufacturers are not moving fast enough. & seen to think last years tech is still good enough. Example- All the high priced duel core 1280/800 res tabs they (Especially Scamsum) are still putting out. If they didn't sell last year, what makes them think they will sell now ?
12. medicci37 (Posts: 552; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Then why haven't TI, Samsung & Qualcomm released quad ? & There's no good reason (that i'm aware of) not to have Lte enabled in quad core. Qualcomms S4 Is lte compatible. Also, many tabs are still wifi or 3g only.