Acer CloudMobile Android handset debuts ahead of MWC
How does that work? It turns out that the CloudMobile won an iF design award for excellence in design, and so Acer had to brag about it to someone. Not too much more is known about the device, but it will combine a 4.3” HD screen with a svelte 9mm thickness. It will apparently ship with Ice Cream Sandwich, and also comes with Dolby sound and stainless steel accents. Of course it will also sport the industrial design flair that won it an award.
The phone is also said to be tightly integrated with Acer’s AcerCloud technology, which is said to make the handset even more cloud-centric than other devices. According to the rumors, the phone will become available sometime in Q3 this year.
source: Pocket-lint via Engadget
1. biophone (Posts: 1877; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
I love the design of the phone job well done Acer. Clearly outdoes every other android and might be on par with the iphone. It should be a crime to put a case on this thing. My eyes are in shock.
2. pooked (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jan 2012)
if only the phone can repair knicks and scratches done to it when people accidently drop it. I guess im jumping ahead of our time, though phone looks sleek and very well done. Too bad i have GNex, all we need is the specs on it.
4. biophone (Posts: 1877; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Did you are chuck norris you don't use a phone you use telapathy. For real though be careful and the phone will be fine.
18. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
There actually was a story I read a few weeks ago about a material that could virtually "heal" itself of scratches. Was a cool concept, would love to see how it works.
16. AndresJ (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
Do i miss something, just because phone won some design award doesn't mean it looks awesome. I don't feel like the design is unique or maybe i just don't have good taste.
3. mightyillidan (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
damn give me dual core proc 1gb ram good capacity battery and damn iam getting this thing
5. mightyillidan (Posts: 20; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
and plz make it with buttons not like the gnex :S:S
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
buttons are so 2011, they are getting removed; get used to it.
6. Yankchef (Posts: 72; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I'll bet the charging port will break in a few months just like everything else that acer makes
12. Yankchef (Posts: 72; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
whoever thumbs downed me my laptop is acer power plugin stopped working got it replaced still doesnt charge, parent's acer netbook has the same issue and is now unusable. f off
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
looks purty, early specs look nice. i am apprehensive about buying acer's products but only time will tell if they can gain a foothold in the ridiculously competitive smartphone market.
9. LoneShaolin (Posts: 307; Member since: 14 Jan 2012)
I like the design. I would rock it without a case.
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
looks a tad like Sony Ericsson Vivaz, from the front.
anyway, a pretty awesome phone
11. taz89 (Posts: 1771; Member since: 03 May 2011)
great looking phone....we need more phones like this cuming out with unique design.
13. BioTek (Posts: 53; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
A well-deserved award. If the specs are good enough then Acer will be a new competitor in the smartphone market.
14. garz_pa (Posts: 146; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Cloud? So this phone's useless without connection.
15. mercorp (Posts: 918; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Wow! I am so amazed!all of acer's previous andriod phones were poor,but hopefully not this one!