Acer CloudMobile Android handset debuts ahead of MWC
How does that work? It turns out that the CloudMobile won an iF design award for excellence in design, and so Acer had to brag about it to someone. Not too much more is known about the device, but it will combine a 4.3” HD screen with a svelte 9mm thickness. It will apparently ship with Ice Cream Sandwich, and also comes with Dolby sound and stainless steel accents. Of course it will also sport the industrial design flair that won it an award.
The phone is also said to be tightly integrated with Acer’s AcerCloud technology, which is said to make the handset even more cloud-centric than other devices. According to the rumors, the phone will become available sometime in Q3 this year.
source: Pocket-lint via Engadget
1. biophone posted on 10 Feb 2012, 15:56 5 1
I love the design of the phone job well done Acer. Clearly outdoes every other android and might be on par with the iphone. It should be a crime to put a case on this thing. My eyes are in shock.
2. pooked posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:12 2 1
if only the phone can repair knicks and scratches done to it when people accidently drop it. I guess im jumping ahead of our time, though phone looks sleek and very well done. Too bad i have GNex, all we need is the specs on it.
4. biophone posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:16 2 0
Did you are chuck norris you don't use a phone you use telapathy. For real though be careful and the phone will be fine.
18. thephoneguy92 posted on 12 Feb 2012, 12:36 0 0
There actually was a story I read a few weeks ago about a material that could virtually "heal" itself of scratches. Was a cool concept, would love to see how it works.
16. AndresJ posted on 11 Feb 2012, 11:04 2 3
Do i miss something, just because phone won some design award doesn't mean it looks awesome. I don't feel like the design is unique or maybe i just don't have good taste.
3. mightyillidan posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:15 0 0
damn give me dual core proc 1gb ram good capacity battery and damn iam getting this thing
5. mightyillidan posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:24 0 5
and plz make it with buttons not like the gnex :S:S
8. squallz506 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:31 8 1
buttons are so 2011, they are getting removed; get used to it.
6. Yankchef posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:25 0 7
I'll bet the charging port will break in a few months just like everything else that acer makes
12. Yankchef posted on 10 Feb 2012, 19:03 0 4
whoever thumbs downed me my laptop is acer power plugin stopped working got it replaced still doesnt charge, parent's acer netbook has the same issue and is now unusable. f off
7. squallz506 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:28 0 0
looks purty, early specs look nice. i am apprehensive about buying acer's products but only time will tell if they can gain a foothold in the ridiculously competitive smartphone market.
9. LoneShaolin posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:41 0 0
I like the design. I would rock it without a case.
10. darac posted on 10 Feb 2012, 16:45 7 0
looks a tad like Sony Ericsson Vivaz, from the front.
anyway, a pretty awesome phone
11. taz89 posted on 10 Feb 2012, 18:06 2 0
great looking phone....we need more phones like this cuming out with unique design.
13. BioTek posted on 10 Feb 2012, 20:12 2 0
A well-deserved award. If the specs are good enough then Acer will be a new competitor in the smartphone market.
14. garz_pa posted on 10 Feb 2012, 23:34 0 3
Cloud? So this phone's useless without connection.
15. mercorp posted on 11 Feb 2012, 03:17 0 0
Wow! I am so amazed!all of acer's previous andriod phones were poor,but hopefully not this one!