AUO to begin mass production of 4.3" qHD AMOLED panels this quarter, rumored for Sony smartphones
1. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
PLEASE dont send it too verizon and please let it have a S4 krait chip with a removable battery
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
i hope its not pentile screen...
4. dickwyn (Posts: 620; Member since: 07 May 2012)
what is qHD, is it like some type of HD resolution ?
5. shikhar (Posts: 28; Member since: 14 Aug 2011)
Yeap, quarter of an HD resolution. 960X540 pixels.
6. Gaurav008 (Posts: 328; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
257 ppi for a flagship phone...is a little bit low...don't u guyz think that???
7. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I highly doubt this will be a flagship phone given the fact that its has a qHD screen....
10. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Lol it's obviously for a future midrange phone. Since the 4.3" Xperia S has a 720p screen they won't put such a low resolution in a flagship.
8. smallworld (Posts: 484; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
LT30 Mint unveiled full photos see Xperia blog 720p screen 13mpx.
11. SonyFTW2020 (Posts: 311; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I checked out the Xperia blog for Mint and seen this....
"The author of the preview says that the phone is both smaller and lighter than the Sony Xperia S, which makes it much easier to use in one hand."
Then it goes on to say,
"The Sony LT30p Mint has a 4.6-inch (720 x 1280) display with on-screen buttons" ????? The Sony Xperia S has a 4.3 in display!! What the hell are they talking about??....But any way this phone looks reeeeely good and im hoping to see it soon, lets hope it is as light and easy to hold as they say it is....
17. dmn666 (Posts: 244; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well, if you take a close look at XS and Mint, you'lll see mint has smaller bezel (especially on the top). Probably that's what they meant.
9. farhanmohdyousaf (Posts: 16; Member since: 21 May 2012)
samsung already makes 4.3 inch qHD screens in the form of super AMOLED advance.. which is present in motorola droid razr/maxx, also htc one S and i believe its the same screen in asus padfone and huwaei ascend P1/P1 S
12. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
S4 check 13mp camera check AMOLED PURE AWESOMENESS. Waiting paitently for the MINT
13. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2237; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
That screen size, is too small ... 4.5" and up :-)
14. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Apple is worried about other phones being rectangles and suing the world over it... all the while there is ACTUAL espionage going on at Samsung plants. The tech used in these screens were samsung made and patented and it took them years to get it right. This is an ACTUAL loss of income, unlike Apple's BS claims about how they should be the only smartphone in existence.
16. CamaroSS (Posts: 173; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Easy - no need to bring Apple and Samsung here. AUO made AMOLED panels for Sony TVs in 2007 - it's an old story. They got it right back then while it took Samsung years to put it in production. OLED's been around for a long time.