48 inch oven incorporates 7 inch Android slate, costs $11,999
If the 48 inch range is too much for you, Dacor plans on offering a 36 inch model. The problem here is that for this price, you would expect a more upscale tablet powered by Android 4.2. Last year, you might recall that we told you about a similar product displayed at CES by Dacor. That was a wall oven with a similar 7 inch tablet built in. Let's hope that the specs on this year's tablet are updated because last year's model, while offering Android 4.0.3 under the hood, featured just 512MB of RAM and a 1GHz Exynos processor.
While Dacor's products might find their way into the kitchen of the monied set, the average person will probably be just as connected by finding a comfortable place to prop up his or her Nexus 7 so it can be viewed while cooking. And using the Dacor iQ app from the Google Play Store, just about any Android tablet can control your Dacor oven or range remotely.
Dacor's 48inch range includes a 7 inch Android tablet
source: AndroidPolice via AndroidAuthority
2. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 207; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
The only reasonable thing to say when you bring this home.
4. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5562; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"Dad, I wanna play Angry Birds."
WTF? Play Angry Birds on an oven. lol
3. mr.techdude (Posts: 551; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
My oven runs the old school ios, I'm going to get this
5. ocilfa (Posts: 333; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
"offering Android 4.0.3 under the HOOD" That's painful.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ice Cream Sandwich in oven. Interesting...
8. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1352; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
sorry ..Roast.Turkey is not responding .....
9. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 748; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
We are approaching a new era where we control everything remotely. Not sure if I want to catch on though
10. zachattack (Posts: 579; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
yeah if i was rich i'd so have one.... lolol