10% of web browsers are using smartphones or tablets
Breaking down the figures by screen resolutions, 1366 x 768 is the most popular for mobile web browsing with 15.5% of the total. That is followed by 1024 x 768 which accounts for 12.28% of the browsing. Next is 1280 x 800 with a 10.83% share. Some other resolutions include WVGA (.40%) and qHD (.27%).
So which mobile browsers are being used the most by web surfers? Safari is on top used by 60.31% of mobile web browsers, followed by 25.95% using the Android browser and the 8.24% surfing via Opera Mini. The BlackBerry browser is next with a 1.32% share. Symbian rounds out the top five with .89% of the total.
source: NetMarketShare via BGR
Breakdown of mobile browsing statistics Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Breakdown of mobile browsing statistics
1. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
The end of laptops and notebooks is coming. Soon tablets will replace them. Tablets like ipad 4 and nexus 10 are halfway there!!! May be in two yrs post PC devices will rule the world.
9. dickwyn (Posts: 566; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i will not see myself or other people move away from the PC or Mac in the forseen future
10. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
I'm using a tablet to surf the net YO!!!'
11. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
i would consider your comment correct if you stated surface, or any other windows 8 pro devices that converts from pc to tablets instead of tablets with OSes that are half baked compared to full OSes
2. rusticguy (Posts: 2818; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
3. 14545 (Posts: 1057; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I hate the "iOS user make up 60% number". I am about 90% sure it's inaccurate. As my browser either shows up as a desktop, or a "safari 0.0" browser. So I don't believe that number is right at all.
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2818; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
With 17.8% from Asia and 14%+ from Africa those browser numbers on Safari look a bit out of proportion. On Android it can be any browser, default android/chrome/opera mini/dolphin/firefox.
13. Kronic (banned) (Posts: 321; Member since: 11 Sep 2012)
You mean Tim Cook right at the iPhone 5 event.
6. tech2 (Posts: 1762; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
i'm watching this on my computer. so i'm looking for a new phone :D
7. someones4 (Posts: 618; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
It's rather uncomfortable staring at a small screen for hours though. I only use it occasionally. The desktop or laptop is still better for web browsing IMO.
8. bubbadoes (Posts: 320; Member since: 03 May 2012)
watch out.. you might get sued for using apples browser without consent....however you could have come up with a better browser photo.