iPhone 6 release date: second half of September
At WWDC 2014's keynote, Apple announced iOS 8 - the upcoming version of iOS 7, and the operating system that's going to come preloaded on the new iPhone. And while the iOS 8 beta is already available for developers, it's been announced that the wider public will get iOS 8 in September. This comes to show that Apple probably isn't going to deviate from the time frames that it's been following in the last couple of years. Obviously, Apple isn't going to release the iPhone 6 before the release of iOS 8, so it's only logical to assume that the iPhone 6 will arrive in the fall as well. Sorry, guys, but the iPhone 6 isn't likely to arrive earlier than usual.
If we have to make an educated guess (and we totally have to make one), we'd say that the iPhone 6 release date will be in the second half of September. The iPhone 4s got released on October 14, 2011, but then the iPhone 5 got released on September 21, 2012, and the iPhone 5s got released on September 20, 2013. With this in mind, it does seem very likely that iOS 8 will launch around the middle of September, with the iPhone 6 following shortly after. Actually, one of the latest rumors claims that the iPhone 6 is going to be released on September 19.
Naturally, while we believe this to be a rather accurate guesstimate of the iPhone 6 release date, please bear in mind that it should still be considered filed in the 'speculation' category.
What do you guys think - is there any chance left for us to see the iPhone 6 earlier than expected this year?
1. wilsong17 (unregistered)
and the galaxy note 4 around the corner
24. vincelongman (Posts: 2672; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
OMG so happy the Nexus program isn't being cancelled
Looking forward to Android Silver as well, but I'd probably still prefer a Nexus (until Project Ara)
31. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
I have a good news and a bad news for you people.
Let me start with good news :
64-bit Android PDK is around the corner. Chances are good that Nexus6/Note4 are 64-bit machines.
Now the bad news :
Only the kernel will be in 64-bit.
And no, I'm not joking. It's Google who's joking.
37. drumandbassbob (Posts: 1; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
Even so, I'd rather have a phone for half the price on which I can customize ultimately anything- to the point of bricking it than have a phone on which I can't change the theme.
2. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 201; Member since: 27 May 2014)
I'm so heated that Apple dint show the new iphone 6 but whatever
16. ittsdann (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
why are you heated? they havnt announced an iphone this early since the iphone 4.
18. blackberry_Boy (Posts: 201; Member since: 27 May 2014)
Idk just the fact apple should change it up a bit by releasing sooner than later
19. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
yes Apple should release hardware at a software event. make perfect sense to me.
17. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 216; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Heated for no reason. Clearly this wasn't going to be an iPhone 6 event. What made you think it was? Rumors? Lesson learned.
22. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
wrong. people never learn. watch this at the next WWDC and the next one and the next. Just like how it was at all the previous ones.
3. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Who will be camping overnight……?
20. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
people have ALWAYS camped when a NEW iphone is released.
4. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
"The WWDC 2014 keynote has ended, and while this was a strictly hardware-related event"
Really? I could have sworn there was one or two minor software-related announcements...
6. camera531 (Posts: 268; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Yeah, strictly a software event. Talk about lazy writing...
9. Beijendorf (Posts: 336; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
I wouldn't be too hard on Ray. It's a Monday and there have been a lot of announcements to keep track of. It's easy to go into brain-melt mode.
It sure looked funny though!
5. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It seems the most likely scenario is that the iPhone 6 comes with iOS 8 and iOS 8 is full of bugs and problems, way beyond even all the problems that iOS 7 had.
So unless you are glutton for punishment or a slave to the iRapture, there is no rush to buy the iPhone 6 until iOS 8.1, sometime around March 2015.
25. Iodine (Posts: 936; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Ok, and now show me how is iOS 8 full of bugs and issues and then, compare that to iOS 7 beta.
30. Finalflash (Posts: 2141; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Well, iOS 7 buginess will be hard to beat but I think they can do it. In iOS 7 they literally changed nothing and added quick settings. Almost all of their problems came from that one addition and it was a lot of problems. In iOS 8 they have added a bunch of things including interactive widgets and notifications so expecting a toxic hell stew like never before this time.
32. Iodine (Posts: 936; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Ok, and now...
...if you were Apple would be your objective to beat iOS 7 Beta release in buginess ?
....what problems were there because of control center addition and how would you solve them ?
.....how does that compare to total amount of bugs in iOS 7 Beta release ?
......what would you do to prevent iOS 8 falling into the "toxic hell stew category ?
8. Kjayhawk (Posts: 292; Member since: 07 Oct 2010)
I am a little upset about absolutely zero hardware being released. iOS 8 looks great but really was hoping to see the iWatch
21. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 104; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
agree not launching any hardware at a software event called "World Wide Developers Conference" is just absurd.
36. willard12 (Posts: 1164; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Kinda like how the Android Wear software was shown at Google I/O developer's conference using Samsung and LG Hardware. What was Google thinking? Couldn't they just show the software on a slide show without the demonstration on a new product? Absurd!
10. karamelakimo (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 May 2014)
i only want to know informations about A8 processor
I really wished to say anything about this :@
26. Iodine (Posts: 936; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Yeah so incredibly disappointing they are releasing it in September... If they relased it in august it would be a little bit less than incredibly disssapointing that they are releasing it in august.
29. jojon (Posts: 208; Member since: 11 Feb 2014)
yep, i agree, IOS, overpriced and over rated
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 15261; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Get this puppy released already, iOS 8 will be awesome on it.
34. Astoni (Posts: 623; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Hey dark, share your honest toughts about ip6 when Its released. I Kinda want to Try ios again (on a Phone) but i think i'll stick to note 4.
23. Steven58 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
The world, by and large, couldn't care less about this stuff. These tech sites just print stuff to make money and watch us geek types (the only ones who care) fight. :p
28. a_tumiwa (Posts: 370; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
PA , why u still use a fake picture of iphone 6 when the real one has been leaked by jimmy and others?
38. Steven58 (Posts: 76; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
i'm kinda between the iPhablet and the note 4, myself.
39. odachek1976 (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
All the impressionist always think that super-ultra thin bezel is realistic but actually it's not...