iOS users may be on iOS 7, but they don't always bother with security updates
1. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
yup and its not like its super hard to update
people don't care though
2. PBXtech (Posts: 1032; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Sounds like they don't see enough in the changes to bother or got burned with something not working and won't upgrade again. Either way, not a good practice to ignore bug and security updates.
3. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Just like the Windows updates. Just a few clicks away, but there are simply too many who even don't know there are things called updates.
4. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
They don't know how to update... :P
10. techspace (Posts: 1033; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
they don't need to.....the device automatically downloads the update and notifies the user about it...the user only needs to select the right option
11. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3713; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Update is only 1 for the OS for that time. How can be their choices to select right option for the user?
17. techspace (Posts: 1033; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
"Update" and "not now" are the two options that I am talking about...so the user doesn't need to 'know' how to update.....
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10434; Member since: 14 May 2012)
So how is this exclusive article again? Btw, source link doesn't even work lol.. PA has failed once again.
9. JakeLee (banned) (Posts: 1021; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
Maybe it's my first time agreeing with you, Smurfette.
6. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
7.0.3 on my 5S and I don't see myself updating anytime soon
8. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
You're gonna want to update to 7.1. Animation times are cut in half. If you're into the animations. But Reduce motion is so much better imo.
7. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Majority probably is unaware and don't know how to update.
No surprise there really, the shoe fits.
14. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
So the majority of iOS users knew how to upgrade past iOS 7.0, but upgrading to iOS 7.0.4 has just posed to be the most difficult upgrade to date? I hope you're trolling and don't really think that.
12. sianto (Posts: 65; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
Apple is it really that hard, you can do it with apps, please let people auto update the OS as well!
15. quakan (Posts: 1357; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
Well, if you remember, people were complaining saying that their phones were forced to upgrade to iOS 7 without their consent and cried foul on many online blogs. The auto-update can easily be implemented but you'll always have those who would rather wait and see how well it works for everyone else before trying it themselves.
13. jan25 (Posts: 470; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
The update doesn't include new shiny icons, why bother.