iOS 6 Walkthrough
The update should start arriving over the air in the coming hours and days, and alternatively you can also bump up your device by hooking up your phone to iTunes, and running the update from there. Don’t forget that you shouldn’t interrupt the update.
So what has changed in iOS 6? Let us walk you through from all the new features, starting from the lock screen and going to apps like the brand new Maps from Apple and improved Siri.
iOS 6 walkthrough
1. Lock screen
3. Notification Dropdown
5. Phone - Reply with text
6. Phone - Do Not Disturb
7. Phone - Very important contacts
12. Photo Stream
14. Maps - Flyover
15. Maps gets turn-by-turn navigation
16. Siri can now reply to your questions about sports, flicks and restaurants
17. App Store
1. darkkjedii (Posts: 12690; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The excitement begins. Can't wait for Friday.
10. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
=QqX97GHzfEMi cant wait for thist neither
2. rihel_95 (Posts: 240; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
Besides iFlyOver, non of the updates is new. Its same old thing, just a little copied i.e. Notification, Turn By Navigation, reply with text, passbook, Siri's "new" features etc. And don't forget about "redefined, new" iStore and Clock. LoL
26. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Copied Drop-down notification, copied Google Maps, copied Turn by Turn Navigation, copied Panorama feature, copied camera application from lockscreen, copied piece of junk that hypnotizes ignorant fans that can see nothing, but apple.
37. E.N. (Posts: 2364; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
how can you consider adding maps, turn by turn, and panorama copying? Don't be stupid
3. fsnas (Posts: 99; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
is PA sponsored by Apple or what?
why every little thing in iPhone 5 is (neat) ??
6. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
are you sponsored by google? why can only fandroids be found on PA's comment section??
8. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
well ifans are here too, its just there comments aint worth looking at or most of the time they have nothing to add other then insults
12. bucky (Posts: 1576; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Nah this place is fille with trolling android fans.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
and delusional ifans, there are both lots on here
just that the android fans even the worst actually put together a proper comment where as ifans .........well they rant and spit there dummy out when someone criticise's apple
27. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
That is because almost all of the posts are Android oriented. Count the posts from (different!) commenters and you'll see that there is far more posts from the android side. Most of the time you'll see a single Apple user struggling in a herd of hungry trolling Android fans having each other's backs. They work together like a beehive full of bees in order for your comments to appear "improper" or "delusional". They just make it seem that way even though it's not true, because they have the power of being a majority. Welcome to PhoneArena.
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
mate just no, look at the comments, ohh i agree some android fans will back up others to stupid degree's but the comments from apple users are almost always childish ones...........like yours
does ''u should have been aborted'' ring a bell
thats one of your comments to me, very mature by the way
29. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
yes, I admit to have written such a comment to you, and I acted so solely because your stupidity had driven me to do it.
But there are numerous comments from your side that you diplomatically forget to mention. Your comments are usually there to belittle other users and are very insulting. This last comment is the case in point.
let me reply to your comment:
yes, just yes. android fans are a majority and there is too little Apple fans on here for you to pin being childish to. Again, with such a remark you try to belittle a group of users. Now is that mature?
I don't think so either.
30. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
typical blame your immaturity on me. did i force you to type that no and bring up any comment i have put that is even half as bead as the crap you have put
i never forgot to mention my comments so go on bring up any of my comments
belittle a group of users....no i wanna belittle users like you who insulf and take things to a new level. ive always said fanboys on both sides are a problem but the apple fanatics (not all apple users just the fanatics like you) dont add to this site all they do is dirty it. and you your comments are either insults or directed at the android fans....you spark these arguments then complain when the android users back each other up against your immature comments
31. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
How are you not insulting if you call other people's comments crap? Are you a politician maybe, trying to hide what you actually do all the time?
"...bring up any of my comments"
- Read carefully - I just did in my last comment, and I can even give you your very last comment as an example.
+ you should belittle no one. Everybody should be able to exercise their legal right to speak, or type, in this case. You think that anyone who types something good about non-android things is "dirtying" the site. Again, you are insulting and immature while trying to pin those same "qualities" on me. Bravo. *claps*
32. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
you see after you insulting ways and complete attack always on android users i have to call it as it is crap.
a politician me no, but your on your way to be one, starting the trouble then trying to act the voice of reason and maturity.
no mate find a comment of mine as immature as you aborting comment
ohh yeah im all for free speech but not to the extent where people like you insult other when it aint even provoked.
ohh i love your attempt to make it seem like im going at all apple users...no im going at you just you. nothing wrong with apple users but people like you give them a bad reputation, they all get branded thanks to ones like you
you can call me immature doesnt effect me and carry on with your childish ''*claps*''
33. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
you are repeating yourself and all of your previous immaturity. You are going just at me? How about the other day when I found you trolling on some other dudes comment. You are a disease for freedom of speech and your childish and insulting comments are spreading everywhere.
34. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
bring up my comments show i was trolling go on
at least back what you say up. see i dont need to bother any more proof as many on here know what your like and how irrelevant your comments are
and repeating myself? have you seen your comments you say alot without actually saying anything substantial
'' You are a disease for freedom of speech and your childish and insulting comments are spreading everywhere.''
pot kettle get the hint, that comment shows the level of maturity your on. you quick on saying im insulting yet your the one calling me a disease....your logic isn't just floored its non existent
everything you call me (childish, immature, insulting) is just you reflecting yourself in me. basically pot kettle sums you up
36. serious9010 (Posts: 254; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
1. You're calling my comments irrelevant.
2. When I said "repeating" I meant the comments you are posting on this particular article.
3. How is you calling my comment crap earlier anything different than me caling your's a disease?
Where is YOUR logic now?
4."everything you call me (childish, immature, insulting) is just you reflecting yourself in me"
- I was using YOUR vocabulary, lol. You were the 1st to mention those words.
A funny man you are.
40. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your were amusing but now your just sad
your comments are irrelevant you insult people then think you can act mature after.
well my 'crap' based comment is based on solid proof thanks to your comments.
my vocabulary........get a grip mate should i act like you then and say you should of been aborted etc.
your not funny , just pathetic
38. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i think you can deal with it for one time every year… we deal with android announcements the other 53 weeks...
4. ibap (Posts: 711; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Heavens! 200 new features! You're kidding right? Did that include removing a bunch of commas somewhere and counting each one? And wait! That status bar! I can remember that back to my first Treo. Gee, does Apple claim to have invented that too?
5. marinbuyukliev (Posts: 13; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
bull s**ttttt nothing new i am disapointed and will sell mi iPhon4s forever and never buy another one.Hello Android or WP8
9. jshan (Posts: 199; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
Nice marketing for android huh .... Wel try !!
13. djoscar4u (Posts: 59; Member since: 10 Sep 2012)
Nice desperate attempt andriod fan! Good try though!!!.. lmao
18. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
and 2 sad ifans crying because a comment that wasnt in apple's favor appeared...........
you 2 give anyone who use apple a bad name
39. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
hm i would buy the ip5 and sell it on craigslist and then buy the android/wp of your choice… easy way to make at least 100 dollars since the iphones have such high after sale values..
11. cheeseycheeser (Posts: 399; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Even if its a crippled version, why does the 3GS get iOS 6, and not my OG iPad! .____.
15. jibraihimi (Posts: 696; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
@cheesycheeser nice question........... But it's called business, Apple has to stop people from purchasing 1st ipad and move them towards new ipad.............
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 696; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Phonearena you have only mentioned 18 features. Where are the other 182 features?
25. zeljonsu (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 May 2012)
it's probably the 182 features the iUsers usually don't give a f*ck about.... hahahaha!
17. Savage (unregistered)
What exactly are the new 200 features?
19. mukrenol (Posts: 90; Member since: 03 Sep 2011)
hmmm looks like it contains quite a few android features....
if i ever switch to iproduct... it's because it's similar to android now >.>
20. amiaq (Posts: 499; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
You must be some kind of idiot if you need walkthrough for iOS.
23. DKMDROID (Posts: 102; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
iPad getting a new clock app!!!!! omg!!!! :D :D :D :D .....lol pathetic .....
24. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 642; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Doesnt Apple have those 200 features listed on their website?
I would like to check them out.
2 hours to go, iOS6, hope they will be google maps app available, frim wat im hearing, dont trust iMaps