Your iPad battery may last longer if you don't charge it fully
1. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
see.. its not a glitch, its a feature!! your charging it wrong!
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
remix - ya beat me to it. It IS a feature!
3. tedkord (Posts: 8295; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Why would Apple need to worry about the battery degrading 20% in one year? By that time all the diehard Apple enthusiasts will be buying the newest iPad, regardless of it being an advance or not.
A joke, folks. Don't get all knotted up.
9. _PHug_ (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
You beat me to my comment but it's not a joke
4. NOKIA.8800.ARTE (Posts: 100; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
Nice inception... but its a lengthy progress....
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
First, the battery doesn't charge fully as intended
Second, if you decided to charge fully your battery will start to degrade.
Strange product, for iFan logic
12. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
This is not "just" Apple ... this applies to any lion based battery.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
7. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
Nothing new here. This is why US military equipment that uses Lion and LiPoly only gets charged to 70%. The charge doesn't last as long but the service life is drastically extended, Of course no consumer product is going to say this because they would have to put in a battery that is 30% larger but only charged to 70%.
14. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Finally someone that "gets" that this is a lion battery "issue". This has NOTHING to do with Apple. ANY lion battery is going to have this issue.
Lion batteries are used in almost everything these days ... not just phones.
8. frydaexiii (Posts: 1420; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Seem to me like Apple is deliberately placing these glitches here and there just so they can "fix" them in the next iOS update so their customers think they "care". Pretty good marketing...
10. _PHug_ (Posts: 432; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Since I love conspiracy theories I am going to start stating this as fact
13. theoak (Posts: 324; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
This applies to ... ANY ... lion battery.
Lion batteries are not just in Apple products ... but are also in HTC, Motorola, LG, Sony, etc ... and really any device that uses lion batteries. My portable drills use lion batteries for example. I have 3 batteries that I swap around ... when not in use ... I put them in my fridge to extend the life of the battery.
11. andro. (Posts: 1994; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Ifans are getting very afraid these days to charge to ipads because if the faulty charger does actually charge it now they dont know wether to partially charge it or leave it charge for longer than the 100% mark! All the pr guff about the ipads new better battery is hilarious now especially as that battery is overheating to the point of being a portable cooker for camping trips. You gotta laugh at those ifans yet again caught with yet another apple resolutionary faulty product