Xperia Link app now available on Google Play
The app is available for any Sony Xperia device running Android 2.3 or later. The app will also work on any Sony Android tablet, and the new Xperia Tablets have the app pre-installed. Sony advises that you confirm your data plan supports tethering activity.
The functionality of the app could prove rather convenient, and more efficient than having your device blast-out a Wi-Fi hotspot signal. Those that check out the video below may find it reminiscent of BlackBerry Bridge, but lacking in the PIM and email mirroring. Aside from that, the performance appears to be pretty solid if you have good coverage.
source: Xperia Blog, Google Play
Xperia Link Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Google’s Project Ara: the first 'Lego' phone toys around with grand ideas
17 Apr 2014, 09:00
1. Set-up screen from phone
2. Set-up screen from tablet
3. Tablet connected via Xperia Link
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
Just wanna say thank you phone areana for putting up news for my xperias...........appreciate it highly :)
5. Apple_Royally_ (banned) (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
SONY are the masters in designs! But no LIKE NO OTHERS!
2. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5484; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's a really nice thing to have there. o:
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
i wish they would advertise the V and TX more because to be completely honest they are better than the T............TX and V have removable batteries and the V is waterproof! but nonetheless im thankful for such a great phone...... :)
4. schecter7 (Posts: 99; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
The feature is reminiscent of good old Sony Ericsson/Nokia Symbian & Java phones that had built-in support for tethering over bluetooth. I hope android will add similar native support in the future. Profiles were another neat symbian feature that I'd love to see on android.
8. schecter7 (Posts: 99; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Ok, wait - I see that there is a bluetooth tethering option on android. Looks like android has the native tethering support now - last time I checked for it was like 2010 ! So what's the point of having this app at all?
6. hobble (Posts: 130; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
How is this different than using bluetooth or wifi direct or even a hotspot?
7. schecter7 (Posts: 99; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
This is a bit different as the phone is working as a modem/router to the tablet or PC that doesn't have direct access to cellular data network.
9. oister85 (Posts: 385; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Does this app include walkman z or s tablet
10. ramoman (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
hey phone arena where is the xperia taplet s review 3 sites has made it between 8.2 to8.5 i want to know what you give it
11. petervergel (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Oct 2012)
hi can i use my xperia play to connect on my sony tablet?