Win a Motorola DROID RAZR from Verizon and PhoneArena!
But let's stick to the story: the Operative, a secret agent character who has been posting audio messages on the @DroidLanding Twitter channel for a while, has sent us one of four safes, containing a Motorola DROID RAZR.
Here's what you have to do to win the DROID RAZR:
1. Find out what the correct code for the safe is;
2. Be the first to post it as a comment to this article;
3. Verizon will tell us that your guess is right, and we'll then unlock the safe, because we obviously don't know what the combination is :-(
4. We'll announce that you're the winner (in this post), and ship the DROID RAZR to you.
Here's the audio message we received from the Operative, it's cool:
8. GreenAndOnFire (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Congrats! I was staying up all night for this one but you beat me to the punch... damn DroidLanding Twitter feed didn't update yet.
11. rudicio (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I don't think thats right...
States 3600 where wiki states 3620...guess we will see
20. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
that also says 'epoxy impregnated strands'. as well as giving tensile strength in two different units. hmmm.
39. krtlarson (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Thanks for the support. But there's no winner until they announce it. :)
41. rudicio (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Yeah it will be interesting because there are plenty of "state capitals" that it could have been referring to. If you won though congrats man! I personally thought it was referring to Richmond since that is the location the coordinates pointed to.
128. baldypal (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
ok, i'm pissed @droidlanding didn't tweet this until 10:45 AM EST. Makes me think phonearena.com jumped the gun.
65. cwilson.mt (Posts: 6; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
*7172# Really wish I would have gotten up earlier!
230. krtlarson (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Sweet! Thanks Phonearena, Motorola, and Verizon! I can't wait to see how thin this device really is. :)
23. GreenAndOnFire (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
The initial call-in clue gave us an image with GPS coordinates of 37.450437N, 77.441189W which lead to Richmond, VA - founded in 1737 - 2nd digit = 7
Another call-in clue mentioned that they were about 1 hour west of SLC (Salt Lake City, capital city of Utah) = 1
Flight plan document received after a voice clue indicated that there were 7 persons aboard = 7
Kevlar's tensile strength is 3,620 MPa - 3rd digit = 2
For verification 7+1+7+2 = 17
Thanks PhoneArena! Thanks DroidLanding! Thanks Verizon!
I'll be looking forward to more contests like this in the future!
29. rudicio (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I guess we will see if you go by the actual Kevlar tensile strength that is everywhere but wikipedia (what is taught in classes) is 3600
33. krtlarson (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I agree that there's definitely confusion about the tensile strength of kevlar, but the state capitol looks to be true. Either way, congratulations to the winner. :) and thank you Verizon and motorola. You know how to pull off the best contests.
35. GreenAndOnFire (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
I completely agree with you on the discrepancy... but they want the total to be 17, and the audio clue does say 1 hour west of SLC so the only combo that "fits" should be 7172
115. baldypal (Posts: 3; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
tensile strength doesnt matter. the last clue on all of them were meant to "add up" to something. get the first 3 right from the original tweets and the last is a given.
34. ayephoner (Posts: 836; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
and you were the 2nd person to post that combo, so no dice for you even if that is correct. any ideas what other blogs got the contest?
36. krtlarson (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Droid-life, androidlife, and talk Android.
37. GreenAndOnFire (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
All of those ones were announced on the DroidLanding Twitter feed when they went live, only this one wasn't... oh well, I couldn't refresh Phone Arena forever!
6. rudicio (Posts: 5; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Last digit should be zero according to the official dupont kevlar manual, I hope its right!
24. gautraudj (Posts: 4; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
What time zone are you guys in at Phonearena??? Geez
148. VinDroid (Posts: 2; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
Was thinking the same thing, as East coast would get first dibs on this one.