Vizio brings 7-inch optimized for reading tablet to CES 2013
The Vizio 7 comes with the following specs:
- Tegra 3
- 7-inch 1280 x 800 pixel IPS screen
- 16GB of internal storage
- 1.2-megapixel front camera
- stock Android Jelly Bean
Having stock Android is an interesting idea, and Vizio CEO defends it saying Android has finally grown to the point that no skin is required.
It also seems possible that the tablet could be used as a remote for larger displays in the future. Thankfully, Vizio says it will use universal technologies like Miracast for that.
The Vizio 7-inch tablet release date is set for the first half of 2013. Sadly, there is no price yet, but we would not be surprised if this manages to undercut even the Nexus 7. Here’s to hoping.
source: The Verge
Vizio 7-inch tablet
1. e.wvu (unregistered)
At least there is a company other than Google that realizes that Android doesn't need a skin overlay.
3. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Even their laptops and all-in-one PCs have vanilla Windows 7/8 with zero bloatware.
4. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yeah but the puzzling thing about this article is that there is no mention of the feature that makes this tablet optimized for reading...is it some kind of screen tech or am i missing something here?
5. cezarepc (Posts: 608; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
".....but it does come with reduced size for more comfortable one-hand hold for reading."
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1104; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
yup but the definining factor in any reading tablet will not be the size though its an advantage but the deciding factor will be the screen...like kindle or nook or the paper displays that are set to launch later this year by SHARP.
6. MeoCao (unregistered)
There will be more OEMs choose to keep the stock Android, simply b-c that makes sense.
12. deuel18 (Posts: 35; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
if they added a microSD slot on it, then it exceeded Google's Nexus 7
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 365; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Vizio tablets(7 inch & 10.1 inch) and phones(5 inch & 4.7 inch) doing great job by running stock android 4.2 OS .Make it global.
7. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Does this tablet and their(vizio's) 10 incher is having memory card slot.........????
10. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Price this at a $99 (US) price point and this can easily become the best selling tablet in the world in its class.
11. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
VIZIO tablets are very very nice. Can't wait to see it when we recieved it in out store. But I'll wait till later this year for 5.0 KEY LIME NEXUS TABLET