Visidon Applock adds facial recognition security to your Android device
We want to be clear: Visidon Applock will not protect your lockscreen. But it will allow you to protect anything within. The video below appropriately suggests that you protect the Visidon app itself. It wouldn't do much good if people could turn it off.
Besides protecting your info from snoops and suspicious spouses, Visidon Applock is also good for parents with small children. You can let your kid tap away at their favorite Android game, without worrying that they are sending nonsensical emails or texts to your coworkers.
Just in case you're in a dimly lit area, or you're wearing a Halloween mask, there is a passcode bypass for the facial recognition. And what's the best part about Visidon Applock? It's free!
source: Android Market via Engadget
2. Jsoncv (unregistered) posted on 23 Jun 2011, 21:25 0 0
Not working on Infuse
3. Guess hat (unregistered) posted on 23 Jun 2011, 21:57 0 0
You can use a picture to unlock the device...." duh this is useless..use a password
15. Kath (unregistered) posted on 25 Jun 2011, 07:29 0 0
No, I tried but with no luck.
If you can manage to unlock the phone with a picture, please show us the video to proof it.
I can't get it to unlock with a picture though.
4. Psychic (unregistered) posted on 23 Jun 2011, 22:21 2 3
Apple releases iPhone 5
"Now with facial recognition security!"
Hey! Android copied us!
8. AndroidOS posted on 24 Jun 2011, 07:29 2 0
Everyone knows that there are trolls EVERYWHERE.
Psychic! Stop making us look bad! lol
5. Whateverman posted on 23 Jun 2011, 23:18 0 0
@ psychic. It's an app smart guy! That means its an app the developer is offering to Android users. Google didn't copy anything!
7. jroc74 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 06:48 0 0
See....and folks be complaining about folks trolling Apple articles....
It never fails..
And I didnt know the iPhone 5 was out...I must have missed that lil nugget of info. So I guess this means Samsung gets to see what it looks like then...
10. Psychic (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 07:35 1 0
Idiots, I was pretending I was Apple and I just released the iPhone 5, now I'm claiming we were the first to use it and suing everyone for copying.
14. jroc74 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 13:19 0 0
Sad face for not getting it... : (
Sorry. : )
Now that i re read it...I feel even stupider...lol Honestly, I thought that was coming to the iPhone 5 or iOS 5 tho. I thought I read that somewhere? Oh well..
Its been a lil testy around these parts lately with all the copying claims going on.
11. Psychic (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 07:40 2 0
Just because it's an app doesn't mean Apple won't claim to be the first who "innovated" it and now it's "revolutionary."
I've seen how ridiculous Apple can get with their lawsuits.
13. Whateverman posted on 24 Jun 2011, 10:21 1 0
You got a point there. After reading your third post, I can see the sarcasm in your first post. My apologies!
6. josh (unregistered) posted on 24 Jun 2011, 02:30 0 0
Fun idea. Highly impractical. (I'm just jealous my phone doesn't have a front facing camera)
12. phonedog79 posted on 24 Jun 2011, 08:21 0 0
Doesn't work on the Thunderbolt! What's up with that?
16. ECPirate37 (unregistered) posted on 26 Jun 2011, 00:31 0 0
Hey, I got it to work fine on my EVO 3D. I took 5 photos of me in the set up screen. Maybe that will help the people it's not working for. I took a picture of me smiling, smiling showing teeth, serious, furrowing my brow, and a silly face. I'm not sure if that is why I have no problem with it recognizing me, but it works fine. I'll try to post a video of it tomorrow if anyone cares to see it working.