Verizon Droid Ultra, Maxx and Mini getting Android 4.4 KitKat as of now
Android 4.4 KitKat will bring many improvements to the three Droids, including a brand new full-screen mode, stronger security, smarter power mode, and color emoji support. There are also several apps and widgets that are being updated, like Motorola Assist, Quick Office, Amazon Kindle, Verizon Mobile Security and Verizon Tones.
Other Verizon Motorola smartphones that will get Android 4.4 KitKat are the Droid Razr HD, Droid Razr HD Maxx, and the Droid Razr M. Verizon didn’t say exactly when these will receive the update, but we have a feeling that it won’t be long now.
source: Verizon, Motorola Droid Ultra / Maxx support page
7. o0Exia0o (Posts: 654; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Its too bad that this article is wrong, atleast per the Motorola forum. The KitKat soaktest Is starting today and running through the weekend. The official rollout is set to begin at the start of the next work week (Monday) assuming the soaktest goes well.
13. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7202; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Which is why I made a point to take every speculative thing from pa with a grain of salt.
17. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
The same story is on every major Droid Forum i can find. Im sure that many people aren't wrong about something like this. Either that or Verizon and Motorola provided a lot of people with misleading information.
29. o0Exia0o (Posts: 654; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
Verizon tweeted about the update being live and then deleted the tweet. The tweet was up for about 5 minutes then gone, that is where the story came from. This is for the soaktest that started. The full software rollout will not happen until at least Monday
30. Florin.T (Posts: 165; Member since: 16 Dec 2013)
The tweet hasn't been deleted. It's still online - as it was at the moment when I posted the story, complete with source links at the end.
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
No camera updates? Also, I must not be an early update candidate, as my Maxx is still on 4.2.2 and when I attempt a manual update, I get the message that my software is current. :-(
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9894; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just wait as it's being phased out. You'll get it by Christmas.
18. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
I was hoping the camera update would be included. Otherwise, I can certainly wait for everything else.
19. Jklaz (Posts: 142; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
All I know is Moto is the place to be for updates. Too bad they don't have removable storage >:+
20. Scott93274 (Posts: 2863; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
Agreed, but to be honest, 32 GB is more than enough for me... Still it would be great to have that option.
21. bwhiting (Posts: 187; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
It will take some time because the soak test will be working for a while. If we find a bug then it would be some time for it to be really looked into being a stable build.
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Soak tests are more or less final software. Motorola already said this soak test would only run over the weekend.
26. bwhiting (Posts: 187; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
yeah and that might actually be the case this time since not many bugs are showing up in it as well
27. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4201; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
It's what happened for the last update as well. The camera update soak test lasted for maybe... 4 days?
28. o0Exia0o (Posts: 654; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
4 Days? NO, not even 4 hours. I received the last update as a soaktester @ 7 am and by 9 am it went live for everyone. This one should take more time though because we are jumping from 4.2.2 to 4.4
31. macarunni (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
As of today my version from the soak test is still showing 4.4 on my Droid Maxx. I figured Moto would have removed the soak already.
25. macarunni (Posts: 2; Member since: 18 Jan 2012)
Motorola Assist is crap they need to scrap it an bring back Motorola Smart Actions. Or call Smart Actions Assist I don't care just bring it back.