Tizen caught on camera running Android apps
1. cepcamba posted on 17 May 2012, 18:06 1
If Tizen will end up able to run Android apps it's not gonna be so different from Android devices.
In case they manage to pull this through, Tizen wouldn't have one of the major problems Windows Phone and BADA faced, which is, lack of Apps.
6. jcpwn2004 posted on 17 May 2012, 23:27 0
i'd consider it, getting really frustrated that I still don't have ICS on my sgs2 right now. DOn't know if I could give up google nav though.
15. cepcamba posted on 21 May 2012, 19:29 0
Give it up and get a cheap spare nokia for lifetime sat nav. :p
2. eDiesel posted on 17 May 2012, 18:09 0
My question is why create another os? Why choose this over Android?
3. buggerrer posted on 17 May 2012, 18:41 3
why not? having options is a good thing
you don't know how the final release of this OS will be or what a new function will bring :)
5. eDiesel posted on 17 May 2012, 22:06 0
Your right. If its better than android why not but we will see.
4. ph00ny posted on 17 May 2012, 21:23 1
Because Google is in bed with Motorola now and HTML5 based OS isn't a bad thing
7. Joshing4fun posted on 18 May 2012, 00:17 0
If a billion dollar company like Microsoft is having problems getting Wp7 some market share, what chance does this Tizen have?
12. adi4u4882 posted on 18 May 2012, 04:33 2
Money does not matter. Now Samsung is the King of Mobile Phones, So maybe they can pull this off to a good start.
8. MicroNokia posted on 18 May 2012, 00:43 0
after watching this i seriously consider facebook having a good android tablet app!!
9. microsoftnokiawin posted on 18 May 2012, 01:12 0
I can not bare to look this they took Meego took out all the coolness and goodness and androinised it
10. jackhammeR posted on 18 May 2012, 02:26 0
I don't get it. Nokia gave up meego (shame) and samsung grabbed it.
Now, they introduced system which basically doesn't have its own ecosystem and use android's app.
Where's the point in it? Having an android clone?
What happens with this "national korean mobile system" which samsung was meant to develop? Anybody knows? Are they using bada for it or cooking tizen?
13. MichaelHeller posted on 18 May 2012, 09:17 0
Tizen will have its own ecosystem, and apps will be based in HTML5. This is just an add-on created by a third party.
14. jackhammeR posted on 21 May 2012, 05:21 0
I wouldn't be so sure Michael. Samsung can afford supporting android, bada, korean-natiuonal system (if it works out) and tizen...really?
11. Le05K posted on 18 May 2012, 03:50 0
why not just get Android all this emulators sucks. Blackberry is doing the same thing with playbook to run android app on it but customers end up with crapdroid as it does not run all the app and has to be converted first. it is just for IT funs.