The Gionee S6 offers a 90% metal body and impressive specs for a sub-$300 price point
1. Wiencon (Posts: 1762; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
I just want to say I'm glad the SD810 era is over and finally some interesting phones are coming with working SoCs
2. hwb01 (Posts: 251; Member since: 17 Apr 2014)
SD810 is one of the main reasons I went Samsung in 2015, as Exynos 7420 is much better without overheating. Plus, it is better integrated with the hardware and software, similar to Apple A9.
12. miket1737 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
to be honest, coming from the s6 , and s6 edge plus (used them both for over 8 months total) and going to the Nexus 6P, i honestly can say they are both pretty much equal in speed except for maybe the 6p loading some larger apps (such as big game titles) a little slower but like loading websites and doing many tasks, i find each one to be really no really faster then each other. both blazing fast
17. sniper1087 (Posts: 499; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
the samsung was like a hot potato it got hot so many times that I had to get rid of mine.
11. miket1737 (Posts: 2366; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
s810 runs blazing fast on my 6P... 6P is the best device and implementation of the 810. but i know and get what your saying.
13. NoToFanboys (Posts: 1112; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I'm also using a phone with 810, I'd say that the overheating issue is a bit overblown, my phone got warm, but not very hot, and it NEVER throttled (at least from what I see, no lag after even long periods of heavy gaming)
3. fyahking (Posts: 859; Member since: 28 Jan 2015)
S6? Really? Apple's copying the "plus" from Samsung and now gionee copying the s6 name.lol
4. bur60 (Posts: 832; Member since: 07 Jul 2014)
Yep. Everybody copies eachothers model naming. Samsung also has a z series just like Sony etc. I miss the times where phones had their own cool names like the Sony Satio, Arc, LG chocolate etc.
9. ibend (Posts: 3507; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
or like huawei honor, htc hero, htc butterfly.. but now they just to lazy to give cool name, they just use A9, M9, and so on, lol
5. vprasad1 (Posts: 13; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
Will this be re-badged as a Blu brand phone?
6. Furbal (Posts: 921; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Hope so, wish this had the x10 in it though.
10. ibend (Posts: 3507; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
good looking, but not so great spec..
MT6753 in this thing isnt better than SD615 :-/
14. killer7D (Posts: 259; Member since: 18 Sep 2014)
Those are crappy phones
Just dont buy them !
16. Sriniva1995 (Posts: 44; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
This is a 720p resolution is phonearena on weed or some s**t
18. NonFanBoy (Posts: 146; Member since: 28 May 2015)
Le 1s with a full metallic body, Helio X10 processor, and a finger print sensor costs 11k. The Gionee S6 with an inferior processor an no finger print sensor costs almost double.
Its not like Gionee is very good with their after sales service or software support. Why anyone buy this phone is beyond me.
19. fareed0694 (Posts: 6; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Gionee launches its another flagship device called the Gionee S6 at a premium price of Rs 20K. The device is available to buy online on Flipkart with an exclusive exchange offer from WSRETAIL.
Visit - dotiny.com/qc3dba