Sprint HTC Hero owners are now officially in the game with Android 2.1
HTC Hero CDMA Specifications | Review
source: Sprint & via Phonescoop
1. scottmbolt (unregistered) posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:46 0
3. mr. anderson posted on 19 May 2010, 10:27 0
numerous delays and several 2.1 devices being released? theyve said 1h10 all along and there have been a grand total of 2 devices released with 2.1 (and only three upgraded to 2.1 i believe [could be wrong on that,] two of which came within the last week.) lets be a little more dramatic here, phonearena
4. Doakie posted on 19 May 2010, 10:54 0
Pretty sweet. Now I know upgrading a device from 1.5 and 1.6 to 2.1 is a big step cus the versions are not compatible with eachother. But going from 2.1 to 2.2 that seems like it would be something more easily worked in. I guess my real question is, with how so many phones are being upgraded to 2.1 should we expect the occational coming of 2.2 for them? Or is it going to be another G1 thing where they make it require a certain hardware makeup to continue getting updates? Cus I have a G1 and a Cliq XT, I know Moto plans an update to 2.1(with Motoblur) for the Cliq XT, but I'm not holding my breath for the G1.
5. huntcarter95 posted on 19 May 2010, 11:42 0
Well this update would be good except for it will not let me use software because I am running Windows 7 and not XP or Vista...
6. hallfrankg posted on 19 May 2010, 12:05 0
Funny All I run is Windows 7 Installed the upgrade with out any problems
8. huntcarter95 posted on 19 May 2010, 14:25 0
Really?! Where and what did you download because it will not let me.
10. jeryzkid22 posted on 19 May 2010, 15:39 0
You need to download the HTC Sync too before the phone can connect.
12. jeryzkid22 posted on 19 May 2010, 16:45 0
www.sprint.com/downloads and follow the link to HTC to get the sync software.
7. sprintguy09 posted on 19 May 2010, 14:11 0
ok does the 2.1 official rlease any different from the Ruu leak
11. jared5604 posted on 19 May 2010, 16:30 0
No, it's the same sofware version, I've been running it for a week, smooth as glass...
13. pompeii_11 posted on 20 May 2010, 09:14 0
The version I downloaded from the HTC website wasn't worth s**t. Use the version from Sprint. I think 2.1 done stretched the life of my Hero another year. Me likey !
14. johnivan posted on 20 May 2010, 09:31 0
And what about the non-Sprint/European version of the HTC Hero. Any information about a release date for the update :)