Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact unveiling livestream: watch Sony’s IFA 2014 keynote here
Luckily, Sony will livestream the Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact unveilings, so you can partake in that special moment.
We expect an appearance from the man in charge, Kaz Hirai himself, to take the wraps off the two handsets, a new tablet, and maybe even something more. In any case, we expect a big unveiling event and we hope to see all the new devices right after it and bring you the hands-on coverage right away.
Sony IFA 2014 Xperia Z3 event times
7:15am PT | 10:15am EST | 3:15pm GMT
1. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yes, yes, yes, I'll definitely watch this. Luckily it's about 10pm in my country.
17. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I wasn't trolling at all. You just recently said you're still fine with your Z and just rehashed your comment. Take a chill pill lol.
10. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5399; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe, if it impress me, why not?
53. jihn_drake (Posts: 1; Member since: 04 Sep 2014)
Yes I want!
When will it be available (belgium)
2. supa_dupa (Posts: 65; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I can't wait for "more of the same"...poor Z2 owners...
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I'm interested in how they'll react considering they trolled the S5 announcement articles. Bookmarked and ready to watch.
15. hboy857 (Posts: 185; Member since: 03 Jun 2013)
I'm ready to watch how you will behave. If you do your job (trolling) well, i'll praise you.
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Better believe I will. I remember your comments from the S5 thread advocating Sony. ;)
PS - I like how you edited your comment.
20. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well first of all Sony doesn't have as many things to fix as SS :) Still, I think Z3 is not as big of an upgrade as Z2. It may be important for the company however. And I think Z3 C is gonna be amazing.
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yes they do. Their main area of concern is UI and availability. Same UI for the past two (going onto three) years and no global launch. If you want, you can throw in camera software too because they're pretty bad in that department.
50. Astoni (Posts: 503; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
how i see it is that the z3 is a good upgrade for those who bought the z1 and so on. me myself is going to upgrade to the note or Ip6. But i very much like the ruggedness of the z1 and its going to be a pain in the ass to actually be careful about my device again.. my z1 has no cracked screen and its been trough alot this year :p
25. akki20892 (Posts: 3438; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Dude its a 6 month cycle....not 1 year.
When z4 announce, u will need to see z2 to z4. Because of 1 year gap.
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Doesn't matter. I compare the latter to the former. Z2 wasn't that big of a jump from Z1 and by the looks of it, Z3 is what the Z2 should have been. That's Sony's fault.
31. Branson28 (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
Supposedly the Z2 is what the Z1 should have been.. So are they just supposed to make the most advanced juggernaut phone ever, and never make any updates to it ever?
32. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Samsung, Apple and LG has made that successful. Note 3, 5S and G2 still hold it's ground to flagships today.
34. Branson28 (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Mar 2014)
And the Z2 will hold its ground for awhile man. Sony's kinda playing catch up, and are getting there pretty fast. Plus I don't necessarily agree with the 5S still holding ground, but that's just a personal opinion haha.
6. ihavenoname (Posts: 1377; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Xperia Z->Z3 leap for me is like one S leap on iPhones.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Their phone will not be the latest anymore.
21. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Who cares? S5 had the "prime" model. And don't tell me "it's only in Korea ". You can buy it no matter where you live.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's targeted directly for Korea, and is completely different from the S5. Z3 is for a semi-global launch. That's completely different.
43. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I love my Z2, more than my cheap dustbin plastic Note3.
4. 1701nino (unregistered)
Yea that is pretty much the case here,same old,same old...
If only they put a snapdragon 805 inside the Z3 and and OIS stabilized camera the world would be perfect.
12. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why don't you Root and overclocked it max 2.7ghz.
What you also can do is overclocked the Gpu, to 750mhz.
Thier you have the S805.
22. 1701nino (unregistered)
What the heck are you babeling about???You think the only difference betwen S 801 and 805 is clock speed?New ISP,the graphics chip(adreno 420) is totally different and for your information S 805 comes only in 2,5 Ghz variant which is the same as S 801 found in galaxy S5.Does that make it about the same.Nooooo, keep in made the benchmarks aren't updated for these new SoC-s.
23. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Try changing voltage setting, floating points. And few other tweets.
S801 Gpu raised to 750mhz, you will be getting around 160+ gigaflops.
S800 Gpu 450mhz
S801 Gpu 550
S805 Gpu, 650
That extra 200mhz makes a big difference.
Arm cortex A9 can be clocked upto max 3.0ghz.
That depends on the Kernel, you can clock it to 2.7ghz.
Your still a newbie, you still have alot to learn.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8269; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You still haven't proved him wrong. Copying and pasting things don't make you smart either. S805 > S801 for obvious reasons.
35. gaara6775 (Posts: 298; Member since: 20 May 2014)
He just copy-pastes . only thing he does better is showing off Italian brands.
45. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It's called fine products
O so if I can afford to buy good things in life, I'm a show off.
Kid I work 65 hours a week.
Show me a post that I posed or showed off? Well you can't kid. Cause I'm not a show off.
I'm cool .
Wtf. Are you sick or ill?
Well looks like you can't afford prestige things in life. No need to be jealous.
Be happy of what you can afford.
Pull your socks up. Get on your chopper, and start back peddling.
Italian brands are the best
Made in iTaly
52. Astoni (Posts: 503; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
my Experience is that italian brands are overrated and made with cheap materials at a high-cost.. swedish market is overflooded.
only people who actually are showoffs or have foreign culture use them and most of them just stink sweaty perfume and are no shows xD. i just wanted to point this out :p.
FYI i don't care if you copy paste and what not but there is a diffrence in coding on the 801 to the 805. awell as gpu power.. you can't just clock to the same speed and get exactly the same results..
Boosting the 801 will have it drain alot more battery and if you want to have it at the same level as the 805 its going to overheat to a unbearable level.
44. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
I did prove him wrong though.
Well what would you no about the great in depth of rooting...?
By rooting you can gain the same performance as the S805, so how did I not.
I did not copy and paste this.
It's called knowledge.
46. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
S801 to S805 are the same chip, just overclocked.
Accept the S805, which uses a better Gpu, but clocked at 6 550Mhz instead of 700Mhz.current.
11. Arte-8800 (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why didn't they use the 4XA15 Exynos clocked at 2.1ghz.
38. Taters (Posts: 2937; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
They don't want Samsung owning more than just screens and ram. If Samsung owned Qualcomm's market too, game over.
Although it would be nice if everyone adopted the Exynos for the 20nm processing alone though.
49. 1701nino (unregistered)
Big f******g LOOL after seeing all of the nonsense you've been posting while i've been with my family now i know you don't have a clue about what we are talking about here. OOOMMMMGGG.
Mr.PRADA, big famous italian brend,it's me i'm expensive.
Thank you you just made my day a made laugh like hell.
13. iamoa (Posts: 65; Member since: 06 Feb 2014)
the sides are completely different from that which were shown in the rumors. i hope they do something different to z3 as well and don't bring it out as shown in rumors.
16. naittosan (Posts: 203; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
They would probably sell more if it was on more carriers.
33. 0xFFFF (Posts: 2980; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
I wonder if they'll knock even more off the price of the Z2 after the IFA announcement.
36. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2446; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
I think the 6 month cylce is brilliant if Sony can jus keep up with updating their older models like the Z, Z1, Z2.......that way people will be able to buy the older ones for bargain prices but still be updated..... The cycle can be great if you ask me
51. Hatshipuh (Posts: 24; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
The Livestream is so painfully devoid of any applause.