Skype catches rare bug that sends messages to incorrect addresses from your contacts list
Even after Skype confirmed the problem, said it occurred rarely, and promised that a software update would soon be coming to exterminate the bug, others continued to complain about entire conversations being sent to a random third party in the sender's contacts list. Has this happened to you? The good news is that Skype seems to be all over this. If an IM you sent on Skype fell into the wrong hands, let us know by leaving a comment in the box below.
1. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
On what platform is this problem??? Android? iOS? Windows? Windows Phone? Mac? Linux????
2. Alan01 (Posts: 181; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
It is not contained to any particular platform.
4. aaronkatrini (Posts: 237; Member since: 06 Jun 2012)
If it contains a Software Update, clearly must be targeted for a certain platform, Am I wrong?
3. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
I think skype belongs now to microsoft
So all is normal...
I stopped using skype since m$
5. jove39 (Posts: 1273; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Not a problem...use skype only for voice/video chat :)
6. alannyny (Posts: 17; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
In related news, why doesn't Skype make SMS free, or at least a free part of their unlimited US calling (landline, mobile) with dedicated phone number?
SMS is so cheap on the wholesale/corporate side. But SMS is only available to consumers on a per-text basis through Skype.
7. Birds (Posts: 978; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
No no no no no, Skype can't detect the webcam on my phone, my laptop or even the one I bought......That's why I use boocam...