Siri shows her shady side, brains and all commands exposed
- What's Michael's address?
- What is Susan Park's phone number?
- When is my wife's birthday?
- Show Jennifer's home email address
- Show Jason Russell
- Find people named Park
- Who is Michael Manning?
- My mom is Susan Park
- Michael Manning is my brother
- Call my brother at work
- Set up a meeting at 9
- Set up a meeting with Michael at 9
- Meet with Lisa at noon
- Set up a meeting about hiring tomorrow at 9am
- New appointment with Susan Park Friday at 3
- Schedule a planning meeting at 8:30 today in the boardroom
- Move my 3pm meeting to 4:30
- Reschedule my appointment with Dr. Manning to next Monday at 9am
- Add Lisa to my meeting with Jason
- Cancel the budget review meeting
- What does the rest of my day look like?
- What's on my calendar for Friday?
- When is my next appointment?
- When am I meeting with Michael?
- Where is my next meeting?
- Wake me up tomorrow at 7am
- Set an alarm for 6:30am
- Wake me up in 8 hours
- Change my 6:30 alarm to 6:45
- Turn off my 6:30 alarm
- Delete my 7:30 alarm
- What time is it?
- What time is it in Berlin?
- What is today's date?
- What's the date this Saturday?
- Set the timer for ten minutes
- Show the timer
- Pause the timer
- Reset the timer
- Stop it
- Email Lisa about the trip
- Email Jennifer about the change in plans
- New email to Susan Park
- Mail Dad about the rent check
- Email Dr. Manning and say I got the forms, thanks
- Mail Lisa and Jason about the party and say I had a great time
- Check email
- Any new email from Michael today?
- Show new mail about the lease
- Show the email from Lisa yesterday
- Reply Dear Susan sorry about the late payment
- Call him at work
- Where's Jason?
- Where is my sister?
- Is my wife at home?
- Where are all my friends?
- Who is here?
- Who is near me?
- How do I get home?
- Show 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino California
- Directions to my dad's work
- Find coffee near me
- Where is Starbucks?
- Find some burger joints in Baltimore
- Find a gas station within walking distance
- Good Mexican restaurants around here
- Tell Susan I'll be right there
- Send a message to Jason Russell
- Send a message to Lisa saying how about tomorrow
- Tell Jennifer the show was great
- Send a message to Susan on her mobile saying I'll be late
- Send a message to 408 555 1212
- Text Jason and Lisa where are you?
- Read my new messages
- Read it again
- Reply that's great news
- Tell him I'll be there in 10 minutes
- Call her
- Play The Light of the Sun
- Play Trouble
- Play Taking Back Sunday shuffled
- Play Alicia Keys
- Play some blues
- Play my party mix
- Shuffle my roadtrip playlist
- Note that I spent $12 on lunch
- Note: check out that new Alicia Keys album
- Find my restaurant note
- Create a reading list note
- Add Tom Sawyer to my reading list note
- Call Jason
- Call Jennifer Wright mobile
- Call Susan on her work phone
- Call 408 555 1212
- Call home
- FaceTime Lisa
- Remind me to call mom
- Remind me to call my mom when I get home
- Remember to take an umbrella
- Remind me take my medicine at 6am tomorrow
- Remind me to pick up flowers when I leave here
- Remind me when I leave to call Jason
- Remind me to finish the report by 6
- What's Apple's stock price?
- What is Apple's PE ratio?
- What did Yahoo close at today?
- How is the Nikkei doing?
- How are the markets doing?
- What is the Dow at?
- What's the weather for today?
- What's the weather for tomorrow?
- Will it rain in Cupertino this week?
- Check next week's forecast for Burlington
- What's the forecast for this evening?
- How's the weather in Tampa right now?
- How hot will it be in Palm Springs this weekend?
- What's the high for Anchorage on Thursday?
- What's the temperature outside?
- How windy is it out there?
- When is sunrise in Paris?
- Search the web for Bora Bora
- Search for vegetarian pasta recipes
- Search the web for best cable plans
- Google the war of 1812
- Search Wikipedia for Abraham Lincoln
- Search for news about the World Cup
- Bing Alicia Keys
- How many calories in a bagel?
- What is an 18% tip on $86.74 for four people?
- Who's buried in Grant's tomb?
- How long do dogs live?
- What is the Gossamer Condor?
- What's the square root of 128?
- How many dollars is €45?
- What was the Best Picture of 1983?
- How many days until Christmas?
- How far away is the Sun?
- When is the next solar eclipse?
- Show me the Orion constellation
- What's the population of Jamaica?
- How high is Mt. Everest?
- How deep is the Atlantic ocean?
- What's the price of gasoline in Chicago?
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
FIRST!!! This is just another reason why the iPhone is a far better phone.
3. C;mon (unregistered)
Its super crazy and nice, check this link :
Also check the older posts.
9. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
because they bought an app from the market.. removed it from the market.. and then made it the only real selling point of their new over priced phone???
lol. seems like another reason iOS users need a wake up call to me.
2. OllielovesAndriod (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 May 2011)
So thats why apple spent an extra 4 months till they realed an already of of date phone, they had to right that very long list of commands, i thought siri "understood" you. why is apple trys to make everything out as being amazing or magical when its really not, the only thing siri's got over other voice assistants is that its got more commands, but that will soon change. im sorry aplle vut this isnt exacly impressive!
4. Cyd07 (Posts: 83; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Maybe. We must wait to know it, but sure we can simulate artificial intelligence by increasing dramatically the number of commands (and allow to respond to near commands).
But maybe Siri has developped something more. Artifical intelligence is on stage since a long time now, maybe this uses some developments in the area.
PS : well, in fact we won't know. Never. It's Apple, they will never say if it is artificial intelligence or not. But whatever we think about Apple, semantic web is the future. Wolfram Alpha is one of several semantic search engines in developement (one of the most advanced I heard). But it would be surprising if Google had nothing at work in the same area. When it will be ready, Google will be able to integrate the same kind of feature as Siri in Android --> it is the same algorythms that interpret your requests. Maybe Microsoft has something like that too, for the next gen of Bing (in some years , ok).
So, if Apple make the semantic web (indirectly) popular, I think it's a good thing, since the efforts will concentrate much on this.
8. shafboy (Posts: 179; Member since: 26 Sep 2010)
They had 2 years actually, since when they bought the App.
5. jacko (unregistered)
yet android had similar thing since early 2010
6. roldefol (Posts: 2859; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Yeah, but they forgot to give it a trendy name.
7. Hallucinator (Posts: 341; Member since: 24 May 2010)
They also forgot to have it work anywhere near as well as Siri.
10. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
just like i said. siri is nothing but regular voice commands that have the ability to say a command more than one way. Its not an "AI" like some weirdos want to believe. More complicated than android's voice commands? Sure, but it better be since android's have been out for nearly 2 years. We call that evolution, not revolution.
The sarcastic responses are funny and fun to show off, but that is a novelty that will wear thin after a while.
11. IamTheGodfatherofCell (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Being an Android user since it inception, I must say that this is a great add on for Apple products. I am not impressed withe new Iphone hardware and specs, but this feature of the phone is very impressive and good for them....now I am just going to wait until google or some other dev trumps it.