Security researcher debunks claims that Samsung devices have a dangerous "backdoor"
1. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
See..you have to be careful when you read panicked articles about malware...security risks..etc...most of the time it is some company supposedly looking out for our best interests
3. PBXtech (Posts: 1011; Member since: 21 Oct 2013)
Grain of salt is always the best seasoning.
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
PA shot themselves in the foot by reporting sketchy news. Lesson learned - never be quick to publish news that doesn't sound right.
PS - Called it on the OG article.
10. troutsy (Posts: 287; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Cool. You should post less often, but more meaningful content.
15. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I post what I want, when I want. Thanks.
30. GTX_Ti (unregistered)
Well if he posts less often, then why would he have so many posts posted.
26. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
and i Bet you that that "some company" is probably paid and funded by Apple, since they're probably freaking that their precious device is being outsold by Samsung massive-sized fleet.
2. stealthd (Posts: 1025; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
So there were flaws, but one researcher came in to split hairs
17. tedkord (Posts: 6513; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
No, there we're flaws, one expert debunked the original assertion, then one fanboy rushed in to try and cast doubt.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was wondering when PA was going to publish this. Never be so quick to report news.
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
It doesn't matter there is backdoor or not as Android itself is a Google Malware for the NSA.
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9689; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Oh my god. Really? You think iOS and WP8 isn't either?
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Give this guy a medal!
20. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
this has nothing to do with Android, it's a back-door implemented on Samsung phones!!
24. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
I guess you missed the part that said that the "back-door" was debunked.
21. docxx (Posts: 63; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
here the list of phones affected so far..
Nexus S (I902x) No Possible with Android 4.2 and later Yes Yes
Galaxy S (I9000) Yes ? Yes Yes
Galaxy S 2 (I9100) No ? Yes Yes
Galaxy Note (N7000) No ? Yes Yes
Galaxy Nexus (I9250) No Possible with Android 4.2 and later Yes Yes
Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P31xx) No ? Yes Yes
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (P51xx) No ? Yes Yes
Galaxy S 3 (I9300) No ? Yes Yes
Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) No ? Yes Yes