Samsung's Galaxy Tab S AMOLED slates to be launched in late June?
Not long ago, press renders of both the Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and Galaxy Tab S 8.4 showed up online (see here and here), so we already know a lot about the two tablets. Sporting design elements reminiscent of the Galaxy S5 smartphone, the Tab S 10.5 and Tab S 8.4 reportedly offer AMOLED displays with 1,600 x 2,560 pixels. Other common features should include 3GB of RAM, Samsung’s own octa-core Exynos 5420 processor, and fingerprint sensors.
Earlier this week, it was revealed that the Galaxy Tab 8.4 is only 6.5mm-thin - which likely means that the larger Tab 10.5 is also a very thin slate. Both new tablets will probably cost a bit more than the devices included in Samsung's Galaxy Tab Pro line. But we assume that some customers will pay extra to have an AMOLED screen on their tablet. Or maybe not? We'll see.
10. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 701; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
pro series r the best android tablet out there n up coming tab s series
even lg announced some better tablets few weeks ago
2. Nexus4lifes (Posts: 59; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Please put lte unlocked version in the us store and take my money...
3. wilsong17 (Posts: 732; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
can we get a comparison which galaxy tab i should buy
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1257; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Is this Tab S going to replace Tab Pro?
6. GreekGeek (Posts: 373; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Think of it as a different "flavor" rather than a replacement
SLCD3 vs SAMOLED each has their own share of Pros and Cons, ditto Qualcomm vs Exynos
5. NotAGeek (Posts: 117; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
So the only difference between the tab s and the tab pro series is only the Amoled display?
7. shuaibhere (Posts: 1297; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
And the processors.. Pro line has s800 ,s will have Exynos 5420...
and not to forget tab s will have new s5 based design and finger print sensor...
Who knows it may have Ip67 certification too....
8. Peeyushmalik96 (Posts: 65; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
thats a huge difference at least for me I was just waiting for tablets with AMOLED displays.
11. Zenzui (Posts: 66; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Wait I just bought my wife a tab pro 10.1, it is using Exynos. I don't remember seeing anywhere that Tab Pro is Qualcomm.
12. Zenzui (Posts: 66; Member since: 13 Feb 2012)
Oops my bad. I bought my wife a note 10.1 actually not tab pro. No wonder I got exynos.