Samsung posts stress test video, watch the Galaxy S III and Note II get tortured
Turns out, the Korean company is doing some rigorous testing. Using the Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy Note II, the company has posted a video taking us through all the tortures the two devices had to endure before going on sale.
The testing includes buttons pushed thousands and thousands of times, the devices twisted, sprayed with water, and put in a churning machine filled with edgy things (is that real corn?!) trying to scratch the screen. Take a look at all the horror right below, and rest assured - that device you bought is definitely ready to take a beating.
source: Samsung Tomorrow
1. mercorp (Posts: 993; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
Much better than apple who likely never bothered about this for $$$...
Let's see if it can beat nokia in torture testing.
11. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3142; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
No offence, but Nokia has still something going to make it even sturdier than these two phones!
20. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
yeah only sturdier and heavier.... no Innovation...pffff Nokia...
22. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Nathan, how could that be offensive In any way?
2. sportsinger75 (Posts: 71; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
Lol, this video was pretty funny. Informative, but funny.
21. dickwyn (Posts: 603; Member since: 07 May 2012)
i still dont understand why Samsung place the GS3 in the polishing machine
19. Johnnokia (Posts: 756; Member since: 27 May 2012)
How is comparing this with Nokia?
We are talking about ordinary phones.
Nokia phones are anti bullets and RPG7.
4. xfire99 (Posts: 633; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
Errr...why isnt it Note 2 on water spraying test? Samsung wanna cheat on that? Shows it was some kind of At&T phone and note Note 2.
A big failure video test.
Other else, it looks promising, but in real world, it wont be the same and I already got a tiny scratch on the screen at outer edge. Nothing to disturb with, if not looking hard with bright light on that area.
5. PowTheBowl (Posts: 86; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
I think that at&t phone that you're saying is the Samsung Rugby Pro
6. MrJerry (Posts: 402; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I can translate it for you
They did two different water tests for a normal smartphone and a water proof smartphone and they did mentioned it
9. starandmountain (Posts: 53; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Wow, are you South-Korean? i want to go to south-korea this summer. South-Korea looks so awesome!
23. NaRFL (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
i've been to south korea as an exchange student. It is a great country i love it but not many ppl speak english.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Even though its "cheap plastic " i.e. polybcarbonate back cover, plastic frame and gorilla glass front, I can say the quality of production is definitely noticeable on my s3.
Samsung put a lot of attention in assembling everything together.
Everything is precise, symetric, and working perfectly (knocks on wood )
10. NaRFL (Posts: 25; Member since: 09 Apr 2012)
Barely understand a word but still better story than iphone lolz
12. bigguy20 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
With all the water test this device went though. What happens if it is submerged. I heard of people dropping their phone in the toilet
17. SleepingOz (unregistered)
They're splashproof not completely waterproof.
13. shahulvm (Posts: 121; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
Looks fake...I havent seen genuine durability tests with cartoon intro....
14. deathyyy (Posts: 101; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Good to know the note 2 i just ordered will be durable.
16. nedooo (Posts: 46; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
This is lie, big fat lie. 100 kg person sits on Note 2 and it doesn't brake hahahahaha
SGS3 scratches like hell (glass like plastic is a no go), though it could survive bit of rain, and maybe buttons are durable, true Rugby PRO is tough phone.
But everything else is just LIE...
18. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
ok this video was udderly pointless....its in chineese or something....now i have to pay extra for a translator thanks alot!!!
24. JayMoney88 (Posts: 8; Member since: 30 Oct 2011)
...I'm pretty sure I saw it break with ease in ALL the drop test videos I've seen. Still my favorite device I've EVER owned though.
25. Premindia87 (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jun 2012)
This is absolute crap by Samsung, My SIII without a single drop in ground and was in silicon case from the first day, I notice a crack near the charging port, There are numerous complaints that frame starts cracking after 2 to 3 months, When i contacted samsung india, they bounced back to me and said its my fault. inorder to replace the frame i need to pay 7200Rs. What the ___...witout any mishandling and single drop it broke, Many have quoted that frame doesnt withstand the heat produced from inside, It starts cracking as the Metallic frame which is actually a plastic..starts melting ..which develops cracks. They didnt show the heat test. SIII has the worst build quality of all Samsung phones. Even Note II has similar design so even it may suffer from those issues. Samsung customer care is the worst , wtihout taking this issue as their rather blaming me for it. Even phone arena has published a articlle, that several users have reported frame crack within weeks, and im experiencing it now. Those who experinecing please try to post this issue in XDA forum.