Samsung might unveil as many as 8 Android smartphones in Q1 2013
Allegedly Samsung is planning to refresh its mid-range lineup as soon as MWC at the end of February, and that might meen a massive rollout of as many as 8 new devices.
Here are the model numbers that have surfaced and the possible devices that might get announced in February. Don’t take this as a fact - it’s merely a rumor and we’d actually be really surprised if Samsung unveiled all eight at the same time. But some of them? Quite possible.
- GT-B9150 – Name TBD
- GT-I8262 – Galaxy Core
- GT-I9150 / GT-I9152 – Galaxy Fonblet 5.8
- GT-I9205 – Galaxy Fonblet 6.3
- GT-S5282 – Galaxy Star
- GT-S5310 / GT-S5312 – Galaxy Pocket 2
- GT-S6310 / GT-S6312 – Galaxy Young
- GT-S6810 / GT-S6810P – Galaxy Frame
The Samsung Galaxy S IV is of course missing as it’s got all the attention needed for a separate press event, expected somewhere in April to May.
source: Sam Mobile
1. easymomo posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:32 18 2
This is Samsung: One device for each part of the Market
7. timtimity posted on 29 Jan 2013, 06:10 11 2
Yes. 8 might be seen as too many, but at least they're trying to accommodate different users at different price points rather than trying to get everyone to adjust to a phone that may not be ideal for their needs.
2. CraxMC posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:32 8 5
Go for it Sammy!! You're great, i think Galaxy Fonblet 6.3 is gonna be great!
16. b1acktiger posted on 29 Jan 2013, 14:22 1 2
I think its time to reply them back that we need a phone, not tablet. 6.3" is insane. Note and Note 2 were success doesn't mean that people need a more over sized phone. Its over samsung. We took a long time to travel to make the phone more compact and you're going back ? Why ?
4. richardyarrell2011 (banned) posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:38 12 2
Waiting on the Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy Note 3.
11. SleepingOz posted on 29 Jan 2013, 07:35 3 3
GNOTE 8, I'll pass, waiting for the new 10.1 instead..
15. JWS65 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 12:28 0 1
I'm waiting on Galaxy S4. Note is too large for me.
5. MistB posted on 29 Jan 2013, 05:44 0 1
B9150 is equipped with an Exynos dual 5250 and comes with 4.1.2, may very well be the Qwerty model. I've written an essay in the the recently announced Samsung article to how many models Samsung should realistically churn out.
8. Topcat488 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 06:21 12 2
Keep treating everybody special, by making different phones for different people... Samsung=Freedom :)
9. ramonleonjr62 posted on 29 Jan 2013, 07:25 9 1
go my boy sammy spread happiness to the world