Samsung makes first 20nm 3GB RAM chip for smartphones, puts it on the conveyor belt
1. maccess (Posts: 734; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
just put everything you got inside the note 3 samsung.. then let the "beast" eat everything else..
3. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1488; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
only to be eaten by Snapdragons superior processors
22. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10212; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Exynos 5420 > S800.
Can't wait for the Note 3. The wait is killing me.
4. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
7. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 380; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Because android is a resource hog & specs os.
11. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Hahaha wait for 5.0 then it will shut you incessant WP fnboys up!
14. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 380; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
When 5.0 comes u will say wait for 6.0.wait wait waittttttttttt
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3395; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
So, until then, the given statement above is true eh? When RAM increases, the applications will be centered around the 'new' versions of RAM making it more resource hungry everytime.
13. joey_sfb (Posts: 4758; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
resource hog by user opening multiple threads such as downloading torrents while playing their favorite tunes, their fingers busy flicking to the game of temple run. All this are done while they are talking to their friends or their family on that same phone.
Of course android is a resource hog... Glee! pity those uninformed Windows and Apple fans. If Windows and Apple are better I would have use it but they are still 5 years behind time. Deal with it.
31. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Can't run good quality games on a dual core with 512mb of ram.
6. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 281; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Speed? No. Reliability? Perhaps Functionality? Hell.No.
8. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
go to a computer class and learn what is RAM means. No matter what is the os, more the RAM more the performance of the phone..
32. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
The benefits of more ram becomes almost nothing after 8gb, after 16gb its much better money spent getting better parts in other places.
Next gen games will change that, 12gb will probably be the minimum is 3-4 years after games start fully using the ps4/xbox one.
Thats in windows though for standard user, servers more ram is always better. I don't think android phones will ever need more than 4 for a long time.
12. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Except it doesn't beat it on anything else does it...
20. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
As a person who've used windows phone, it is smooth and all, but really, you can't do s**t with it. I'm sorry to say this, but it's true.
24. Cod3rror (Posts: 108; Member since: 06 Apr 2013)
WP has as much functionality as a calculator. Of course it does not need more than 512MB RAM.
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Exactly, WP doesn't need much to run smooth because it's a half-baked OS.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Come back when you'll be able to turn off auto-rotation. =)
28. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
haha you made a funny comment.
its true, but 512 mb ram is still small to multitask many and to load HD games
9. SakuroAkino (banned) (Posts: 141; Member since: 12 Jul 2013)
samsung pls put this in note 3
let nokia keep building up camera's
gimmick features + this power will blow everything
18. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 950; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Trust Samsung to be the 1st :)
Note 3 should get this.
21. hamoon (Posts: 15; Member since: 05 Aug 2012)
As your source said, I think that the package is based on four 6Gb LPDDR3 DRAM chips. I am quote part of your source here " We will develop a new 3GB LPDDR3 solution based on four 6Gb LPDDR3 DRAM chips by symmetrically stacking two chips on each side."
23. HeWhoDoesNothing (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
But I thought the LG G2 would be the first to have 3GB of memory...
33. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
LG G2 will be announced before the note 3 so yes :)
29. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1163; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
in symbian OS , you can multitask more than 50 apps