Samsung Galaxy S4 mini coming to the USA in November
As the name implies, the Galaxy S4 Mini is the smaller version of Sammy's current flagship, though its specs have been watered down significantly. This means that instead of the 5-inch, 1080p screen that runs on the Galaxy S4, you're getting a pocket-friendly 4.3-incher that runs a 960x540 pixel AMOLED display, or 256 ppi, which is still decent. The device is powered by a 1.7GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 MSM8930 chipset with Adreno 305 graphics and a 1900mAh cell. The amount of system memory is on the peculiar side – 1.5GB of RAM – while the amount of internal storage sits at 16GB, though it's good for up to 64GB more, thanks to a microSD slot. The rear camera on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini is an 8-megapixel unit with Auto Focus and LED Flash that the company boasts to have “zero shutter lag”. Up at the front, you get a 1.9-megapixel snapper, good for the occasional selfie.
The Galaxy S4 Mini will come with Android 4.2.2 pre-installed, meaning that bar carrier setbacks, the device will hopefully not be far off from an update to Android 4.3, and Android 4.4 in the future. Unfortunately, while pricing information, as well as an exact release date haven't been shared just yet, Samsung notes that these will be separately announced by the carriers that will carry the phone during the course of the coming month.
Smartphone offers sleek and compact design with the exceptional Galaxy experience
Dallas, TX — Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced today that the Samsung Galaxy S®4 mini, a compact smartphone featuring some of the most popular Galaxy S 4 experiences, will be available in the U.S. beginning in November. The Galaxy S 4 mini is just 4.9in x 2.4in and is packed with Samsung flagship experiences like WatchOn™, S Beam™ and advanced camera features.
“Samsung continues to provide a wide range of products to fit consumers’ needs,” said Gregory Lee, president of Samsung Mobile. “The Galaxy S 4 mini continues that commitment by bringing the paramount features of our flagship Galaxy S 4 smartphone to a smaller, more compact form factor.”
Outstanding Galaxy Features:
The Galaxy S 4 mini has some of the best software features from the Galaxy S 4 in a compact form factor to enrich the user experience.
- Intuitive Camera Interface: The Galaxy S 4 mini’s 8-megapixel camera has zero shutter lag allowing users to document special moments without delay. The Galaxy S 4 mini is equipped with the familiar and easy-to-navigate user interface found on the Galaxy S 4 and supports numerous shooting modes such as Beauty Face, Best Photo, Sound & Shot, Panorama and more to enhance photos taken by even the most novice photographer.
- WatchON: Control your television using the Galaxy S 4 mini as a remote control. Discover a rich TV viewing experience with a Smart Remote that is functional with any IR capable TV or Set Top Box. Users can share content from the Galaxy S 4 mini to a TV effortlessly, as well as look for something to watch in a new way that lets you browse by genre, search by title or receive recommendations based on your interests.
-Easy Mode: Helps smooth the transition for first-time smartphone owners by simplifying the home screen layout, camera, calendar, messaging and the internet browser to make the phone easy to navigate. Once a user is more comfortable with their Galaxy S 4 mini, they can easily switch back to the standard home screen interface.
- Simple Sharing: Quickly and easily transfer large files, such as videos and documents, to other Galaxy phones with S Beam. Touch the back of the Galaxy S 4 mini to any S Beam enabled phone and share without needing a Wi-Fi® connection or cell signal.Users are able to simultaneously enjoy music, photos, documents and games with friends through the Group Play™ function.
The Galaxy S 4 mini is designed with a beautiful 4.3-inch qHD Super AMOLED™ (960 X 540) display with 256DPI. The Galaxy S 4 mini will run on Android™ 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean) and includes a 1.7 GHz dual-core processor and 1.5GB of internal RAM. It is powered by a removable 1,900 mAh battery and features an expandable memory of up to 64GB to complement the 16GB of standard onboard storage.†
The Galaxy S 4 mini will receive a software update soon after launch and will be compatible with Galaxy Gear™, Samsung’s first wearable smartphone experience. Galaxy Gear extends the Galaxy S 4 mini experience to your wrist and enhances everyday moments with real time updates for quick and convenient access.
The Galaxy S 4 mini comes in Black Mist and White Frost color options, and will be available beginning next month. Wireless carriers will announce their specific availability, colors and timing. AT&T, Sprint, Verizon and U.S. Cellular will carry the Galaxy S 4 mini.
Accessorize the Galaxy S 4 mini with the S-View Flip Cover, a specially designed flip cover that has a clear window to view a text message or missed call notification, answer or reject a call, and view the battery status. Sold separately, the S-View Flip Cover comes in black and white color options to add style- while protecting the device and providing privacy. Flip Covers are also available without the S-View window in an array of colors including black, white, light blue, and pink.
†Portion of memory occupied by existing content.
Samsung, Galaxy, Galaxy Camera, Galaxy S, Samsung Hub, Group Play, Super AMOLED, S Beam, Story Album, S Translator, and WatchOn are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Other company names, product names and marks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks.
About Samsung Telecommunications America
Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC, (Samsung Mobile) a Dallas-based subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., researches, develops and markets wireless handsets, wireless infrastructure and other telecommunications products throughout North America. For more information, please visitwww.samsung.com.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Cyber Monday 2013 deals on phones, tablets and other electronics
01 Dec 2013, 10:55
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
1. Finalflash (Posts: 421; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Good thing Sony has up-ed the game, so we don't have to see a travesty like this again.
2. scriptwriter (Posts: 386; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
My lil bro has one of these.
Off contract (in the UK) its £450 ($727).
4. scriptwriter (Posts: 386; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Minus a bit because i forgot to account for VAT
5. seanwhat (Posts: 18; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
he got ripped off, i paid about £300 on amazon...
6. 9thWonderful (Posts: 227; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
great...another Samsung Galaxy S4 variant. aren't you tired of the same ideas yet Samsung?
7. erickdmena (Posts: 6; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
This has been selling in a local cell phone shop in the US (MetroPCS) factory unlocked for months. Nothing new here folks. Still a beautiful phone.