Samsung Galaxy S III vs HTC One X: Which one do you prefer?
So we decided to turn to our friendly office mascot, Mr. Bajangles, who's a stuffed monkey, by the way, and ask him what we should do about it...
PA - "Hey, Mr. Bajangles," we said, "what a fine day for blogging today, eh?"
Mr. Bajangles - "What do you want, you bockhead?"
PA - "Geez, someone's gotten out of the wrong side of the bed today, huh?"
Mr. Bajangles - "Yeah, and you stink!"
PA - "Alright, listen... we've been thinking about those people wondering which Android superphone they should get - the Galaxy S III, or the One X, you know?"
Mr. Bajangles - "....?"
So we wanted to ask you to give us an idea what we should do to help them out!"
Mr. Bajangles - "Well, why don't you just post a poll, and let everyone do the job for you?"
PA - "Mr. Bajangles... you are one smart monkey!"
And so, shortly after we had our little talk with Mr. Bajangles, here it is, our poll, which lets all of you guys share your opinion on which phone you think is the better one - the Galaxy S III, or the One X. Let's see which Android handset is the people's champion right now!
- Which phone do you prefer?
3273 votes (3273 votes) Samsung Galaxy S III
2477 votes (2477 votes) HTC One X
1. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
PERFECTLY BALANCED GUYS....
Don't mess it up!
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1367; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Both are great phones but the removable battery and micro-sd slot on the galaxy s3 is what puts it head for me. But the htc x one is still a sexy phone. I wonder how good the htc x one plus will be now.
31. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Yeah, I quite don't get the lack of micro-sd functionality; may as well have an iPhone for that matter. Get with it HTC or join Microsoft.
Sent from my Rezound
126. Kobe24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 07 Sep 2012)
You guys kill me. What would being able to remove the battery or having an SD card slot have to do with the Samsung being better? Why would you want to remove the battery anyway? I have the HTC OneX and I can tell you that it's heads and shoulders better than the Samsung. Everybody knows that Samsung phones have TERRIBLE build quality. They are totally plastic. They also are VERY SLOW in getting updates. HTC and google gets updates FASTER than anyone. When HTC One X gets the jellybean...The Galaxy S3 will still be running the ICS. Oh Yeah...let's not forget how Samsung copy others...just ask Apple. LOL!!! what's going to happen to you getting updates after Apple sue the pants off Samsung for attempting to steal their pattern of the Iphone??? Stay tuned!
127. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
It's not that SGS3 better with those features... It's just that majority of the consumers want those features. I could do without those features, that's why I picked my HOX, but there are more people wanting those features picking the SGS3 instead. Other than that... HTC marketing sucks!
133. bshp2000 (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Jul 2013)
1. Samsung do not have bad build quality. The plastic is polycarbonate - the same stuff used fot the One X's body, just with a gloss finish.
2. Samsung do not get slow updates. Both GS3 and One X run Android 4.1
3. Yes, Apple does sue Samsung constantly, but that's just because Apple guys are d*ckheads. Please don't tell me you are stupid enough to believe that Samsung actually copied Apple
41. Tones (Posts: 52; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
I couldnt make my mind up between the 2 for weeks, but in the end it was the non removable memory which swung me away from HTCmy last 4 phones were by HTC. Not sure why they have decided to go this route.
13. Retro-touch (Posts: 262; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Galaxy S3 is better no doubt but not by much, I have an S2 and don't see a need to upgrade until A15 based phones start rolling out, there's no apps or games that a dual core phone can't handle with ease
27. PimpStrong (Posts: 310; Member since: 25 Jul 2011)
Same here. I was all for upgrading to the S3 but then my S2 received ICS and after that, I lost all desire to upgrade.
I'm pretty sure JB will be the end of the road for updates on this though so I'll be looking forward to a TMO LTE phone next year.
4. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
sense 4.1 puts it ahead with its blazing fast speeds and smooth ui. Im much better off with one x than s 3.
44. Tones (Posts: 52; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Jellybean on the S3 is awesome. And we dont even have the official version yet.
76. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4073; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Well, the One X with Sense 4.1 is supposed to be as fast as the GS3 on ICS, so a One X with Jelly Bean AND Sense 4.1 should be pretty darn fast.
81. babyk (Posts: 221; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
its not as fast as its faster than s3 on ics
5. kanagadeepan (Posts: 686; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
Removable battery and removable Memory of S-III gets my vote...
12. blahb (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Hope there will be a Nexus device upcoming with these two MUST HAVE features...
14. Retro-touch (Posts: 262; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Nexus phone always had removable battery, just don't hold your breath for the removable memory
6. joaolx (Posts: 357; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Galaxy S3 because it has micro-sd slot and better software.
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
I would vote for One X if it had the aluminum case like One S.
55. sudhar131998 (Posts: 63; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
dude you don't understand that eventhough it is made out of poly carbonate it is stranger than galaxy s3
8. rihel_95 (Posts: 221; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
S3 for its connectivity support of USB OTG, including pendrives, portal hard disks, PS3 controller, XBOX 360 controller, and lots more!
24. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
1 thumb down for 1 jealous being who doesn't have all the features you mentioned on his/her smartphone. I pity him/her.
62. true1984 (Posts: 593; Member since: 23 May 2012)
i think the onex supports the PS3 conroller through bluetooth. i know the evo 4g lte does
9. whysoserious (Posts: 316; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Go for awesome guys. Fantastic is good, but awesome is the best. (says Mr. badongles)
10. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Can i say both?
But if i were to choose, i will pick GS3. Although HTC One X has superior screen display and build quality..
16. MeoCao (unregistered)
a white crow?
15. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
I don't mind for removable battery and micro SD,S3 is beast and all,but design,for me,is awful,and that cheap plastic look is no-go for me,hands down I'll choose one X..even one S is sexier than S3..that's just my humble opinion..
18. baldilocks (Posts: 527; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
With the recent update to 4.0.4 and Sense 4.1, the One X is now speedier than the GS3, and it's battery lasts nearly as long now. That, coupled with the unibody construction, puts the One X back out front for me.
The major advantage of the GS3 is how easy it is to root and mod compared to the One X.
28. baldilocks (Posts: 527; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Maybe, maybe not. JB isn't going to make that much of an improvement. I know, I have both the One X and S3.
30. wendygarett (unregistered)
He still believe all the hype
Guess he never own the galaxy s2
70. baldilocks (Posts: 527; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Yes, I owned the GS2. Try again in English.
42. gaurav231089 (Posts: 4; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
but i heard jelly bean will be very smooth like ios ??
77. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4073; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Android has been as smooth as iOS since high-end models in mid-2011 came out. Jelly Bean and super phones like the GS3 and One X are just as fast or faster. With Jelly Bean, they will definitely be faster.
111. brandnew234 (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Aug 2012)
It will, in JB there's a feature called Project Butter or "Google's War on Lag" it keeps things running at 60fps CONSTANTLY and somehow uses less power than any other Android OS. It should actually be smoother than iOS... or I'd assume so. Not noticeably though, human eyes capture at 48ish fps.
90. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
actually, one x will have more advantages while having the JB. in ICS, sense runs more laggy than touchwiz. but with JB, it might runs smoothly & there's no doubt sense is more polished
19. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
definately THE ONE X. much better build quality and looks brilliant. and yeah jelly bean s gna make it far more better in so called benchmark tests. and guys AFTER 4.1 ONE IS DAMN FASTER THAN GS3 AND A BETTER BATTERY LIFE. sammy is just a cheap plastic body junk and look at samsung widgets.... they look like a kids play. htc rocks.
20. bayhuy (Posts: 300; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
ONE X is too sexy...in terms of design and beauty...Sense is great...
21. Angkor (Posts: 108; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
You need a case to protect from scratch and abuse look at iPhone hundreds of cases available even though it made aluminum. Galaxy S3 made of plastic but inside HTC is no match.
25. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
S3 because....it has a removable battery,sd card slot, bigger battery, better camera, but i don't like the cheap plastic used for gs3 body, though.
26. wendygarett (unregistered)
Talking with the toy monkey?
Aren't you the one who rate both phone and your review clearly say that sgs3 is better?
Now you still doubt it? From the review you say that sgs3 has solid build than no other, then some of your article bash for its build quality issue lol
Are you start to confuse again which is good?
39. Ray.S (Posts: 261; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
"Well, technically, the material used for the handset is polycarbonate, but it definitely doesn't feel as high-quality and premium as the body of the One X, for example."
That's what I said about the GS III's build quality in the review. Definitely not as good as the one of the One X. Obviously, I was right to say that, as a few months later, we now see how many users are starting to have problems with the device's plastic.
That said, I do stay firmly behind my opinions in both reviews. The GS III is the better device in terms of software and performance.
But, the point in this article is to see which one you guys think is the better device.
89. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
however, even if people break the back side of their s3, they could change it easily. one x however, is a different story, you scratch the shell, it will always be there
29. Cesar (Posts: 132; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Samsung galaxy S III ! and with a Jelly been even BETTER!
32. tiara6918 (Posts: 1452; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Honestly, I really cannot choose between these two smartphones(but I voted for one x since there was no option for both). The sgs3 might outperform the one x on some areas but I really liked how htc made the one x. Look how much effort they had done to make it. For instance, I am not after which web browsing is the best among them because I have my laptop for that, the camera...we have our own cameras right?processor...you won't notice much difference when you're already using them...the screen and user interface I guess is of you're own preference...build quality and design overall, you're own preference again but the lack of micro sd support and a nonremovable battery are the downside for the one x but nevertheless I am not taking that as a big deal and many other more. The high number of advertisements by samsung probably made the s3 sell like pancakes, htc also had their ad but that was not enough to convince the majority of the consumers. If htc wants to sell more devices, they have to think of new strategies again...
36. preet27in (banned) (Posts: 173; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
tiara ur exactly right here , rather i have exactly the same opinion in my mind. samsung is selling bcause of more no of aads. htc lacks in their marketting skills. however htc is one of the best handsets out there and most beautiful too.my bro owns gs3 and i own htc one x, but the thing is he keeps playing with my handset all the time. haha. he now dosent like his gs3.built wuality of htc is something which others cant compete with. ur opinion was damn right. htc rocks. and good luck to them.
35. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8719; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Build quality: One X hands down.
Overall features: GS3 without a doubt. I got tired of Sense.
37. Mittal (Posts: 429; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
I would rather have a menu key (S3) than a dedicated multitasking 1 (One X)
58. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
one x gives u option to change recent apps button to menu key :)