Samsung Galaxy S III may not have quad-core in the US models
1. Birds posted on 03 May 2012, 16:56 3 1
That is because it is getting the A-15 dual core Exynos clocked at 1.8 Gigahertz. lol Can't hate a kid for wishing.
2. gallitoking posted on 03 May 2012, 17:01 2 8
well at least those exynos will be available for the next iphone
3. Commentator posted on 03 May 2012, 17:03 1 3
The iPhone most likely won't be using an Exynos processor. Apple has taken to designing its own chips over the last few years. As long as they use Samsung to manufacture the A6 (or whatever it's called) i'm sure it will make the next iPhone fly, especially with its 32nm and A15.
13. remixfa posted on 03 May 2012, 18:34 0 6
that's not correct ..apple bought the company that Samsung liscenced the exynos design from. the s4 and A15 processors are literally rebranded hummingbirds and exynos with a different gpu. there won't be any real split between the 2 until the A6/ exynos.5250 at the earliest
as it stands now the rumors point to apple using the new.exynos 4212 32nm chip and doing its normal Rebranding and gpu switch.
9. Berzerk000 posted on 03 May 2012, 17:55 1 3
Does that mean you think there won't be LTE for the next iPhone?
16. JGuinan007 posted on 03 May 2012, 19:19 1 2
The Next Iphone for north America will have LTE I doubt the carriers would get the next Iphone if it didn't have LTE
4. virparam01 posted on 03 May 2012, 17:20 1 5
So PA is kinda isheep thing...dont mind it but chked GSMA,Techradar and couple more sites and they all are telling a different story about benchmarks of Gs3.......
17. ngo2dd posted on 03 May 2012, 19:39 1 2
PA did not read the Benchmark test. They reported from engadget.
5. rockstarlive posted on 03 May 2012, 17:28 1 2
I still think its a win win. The One x is really fast. I wonder how fast the SIII will be.
7. GeekMovement posted on 03 May 2012, 17:46 0 2
Woah... Exynos 5 series would definitely have me buy the SGSIII in a heartbeat. Too bad chances are it won't come to the III sad.
8. theBankRobber posted on 03 May 2012, 17:48 0 2
Wasn't there videos of the HTC one X that show it lagging?
10. Berzerk000 posted on 03 May 2012, 17:58 0 2
There was a comparison between the global One X and the AT&T One X (which is running the S4) but that was fake. Otherwise, I don't think there is any video like that.
11. Artex posted on 03 May 2012, 18:00 0 2
come on why does this always happen in the US? why can't they just make quad core
14. dok2005 posted on 03 May 2012, 19:01 0 2
because quad core right now doesnt play nice with lte but u can buy a gobal mode and use it on either att or tmobile if u want a quad core that bad even though so far compared to s4 the quad core are ok well more exact exynos is on par with s4 and nivida just sucks in comparsion
12. rd_nest posted on 03 May 2012, 18:01 0 2
18. ngo2dd posted on 03 May 2012, 19:45 1 1
And only two out of all the test the SGS3 did all that much better. In some case they lost to the S4 or the T3. So what are to trying to prove?
15. yougotkilled1 posted on 03 May 2012, 19:17 1 1
I thought so. The exynos in the S2 didn't even get put in the LTE devices like the skyrocket. Unless the 5 series decides to come out sometime this month, the SGS3 could be powered by a S4 processor.
19. JcHnd posted on 03 May 2012, 20:01 1 1
Too bad for the US... I guess here is coming in quad-core... we dont have LTE yet...
20. BattleBrat posted on 03 May 2012, 21:04 1 1
The carriers push 4g so hard, but then offer no unlimited or unlimited with strings attached. I would rather have a dead solid 3g phone with a smoking processor than limited processor handset with 4g and 4g monthly plan. And to be honest, I haven't broken 1gb on my unlimited verizon plan with my RAZR in over 3 months. I generally use wifi.
22. Jessi_rainbowcandy posted on 03 May 2012, 21:13 1 1
Does anyone know if there's going to be an SIII for Sprint within the year? I love the phone but I'm not going to change my plan just to have that phone...
23. Berzerk000 posted on 04 May 2012, 13:38 1 1
There's one thumbs down on every comment... Someones mad
24. JcHnd posted on 06 May 2012, 11:09 1 0
or maybe is just plain dumb... or a troll... anything can happen!