Samsung Galaxy S III hands-on is out
47. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Yup agreed i like the phone im def getting it!
54. CivicSi89 (Posts: 348; Member since: 23 Jul 2011)
I wonder who gave me all the thumbs down? i didnt say anything bad! And yea same here. Im getting it as well!
3. alan_1230 (Posts: 81; Member since: 22 Apr 2012)
such a good phone can't wait to get the white phone im a dude and what looks elegant in white:)
14. ananya22 (Posts: 93; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
i am a htc fan like you brother but you have to admit you're wrong
49. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i agree as far as looks... i prefer the look of the one x much more... the shape of the III just doesnt look like a commanding phone.. too bubbly or something
50. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
The one x is nice but that sense kills it! and also that it doesnt have external SD or removabel battery oh and heavier too! Oh yea and pain in the ass when trying to root or change roms on HTC phones!
The s3 stands up to its name Its better than all other out there
8. md227a (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I might just go back to HTC and get the one X, the GS3 interface just isnt doing it for me. A few cool features like direct call and the S bean but thats about it.
9. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
So is this screen better than the SG2 Super AMOLED plus?
10. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
It's nice to see that manufacturers are aiming for "humanity" etc.
11. ty1827 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
At first, I felt a little bit disappointed, but now I begin to love it :D
12. sorcio46 (Posts: 433; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Finally a decent TouchWiz by Samsung :D !
13. Zumo911 (Posts: 22; Member since: 02 May 2012)
so the US version will have the exynos chip instead of the s4 right?
15. adjou (Posts: 102; Member since: 06 Jul 2010)
How is that alarm going to wake me up... Soothing sound is just going send me back to sleep
18. tedkord (Posts: 9010; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
If its android, you can just put your own alarm sounds on the sd card.
16. tedkord (Posts: 9010; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
That was a silly video. "Inspired by nature. Infused with human emotion." I mean, nice liking phone, and looks so smoooooooth. But, the guy reading that copy was very stiff, and the dialogue was ridiculous.
Now, the direct call is interesting, s beam less so. We'll just have to wait and see how Verizon castrates it. I figure half the onboard storage, a s**tload of bloat and licked down functionality - the typical Verizon moves.
19. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I kinda like the blue. Not many high end phones come in that color. Specs are nice. Not sure if the quad core will work with LTE????.
I wanna see benchmarks.
21. biophone (Posts: 1900; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
The phone is too big and ugly the blue is ugly touchwiz is ugly and not exynos in the us. I am a little disappointed but my expectations where too high but the phone looks great but not for me. Can't wait for moto's response.
33. JBz007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
I think Samsung left some room for the Razr HD to shine. Rumored specs for that are right up there with the GS3.
45. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i think the best bet against the GSIII at this point is the Droid Razr MAXX HD being by Motorola which means reliability in many areas, some directly over Samsung and their impressive manufacturing process which allows them to use extremely large sized batteries which are going 1200mAh over the GSIII's stock battery size (i don't know if it even has a removable battery but it seems unlikely) and not only that but Motorola's implementation of ICS is nearly an entirely stock experience (which has hits & misses in this case) and the Razr series just looks better in mine and i'm sure in most people's opinion. don't get me wrong, the GSIII is a very impressive phone and i'm just saying the Razr MAXX HD may be the only one for a while with a chance against it...
51. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
to bad the razr line is only exclusive for verizon soo S3 it is!
56. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5704; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i believe the Atrix 3 and the Photon Q 4G LTE will be quite similar to the MAXX HD.
23. Galaxys2...R (Posts: 46; Member since: 04 Oct 2011)
Give me the htc one x over this personally.
25. AnnDroid (Posts: 53; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
I had the Galaxy S and I'm still stinging from lack of gps support. 9+ months with no navagation and no word.
I will never, ever get another Samsung product. Abandonware.
30. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I hear ya, samsung support sucks. Their updates take soooo long.
26. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Congratulations samsung you have yourself another winner, expect my purchase in mid june.
27. ivanko34 (Posts: 617; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
i could not imagine possible to make better than the s2 but samsung did
this is amazing
28. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
basically it is just S2 with better hardware. what makes it a next gen phone? We can see a significant improvement in iphone series i.e. 3GS to 4 to 4s.. what is it about the phone that would make a person who already owns an s2 or nexus to spend 600€ for practically the same thing?
32. rallyguy (Posts: 620; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
There was pretty much only better hardware going from 4 to 4s also. Apple has to has to make a lot of changes to to stay competitive.
36. tedkord (Posts: 9010; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"what is it about the phone that would make a person who already owns an s2 or nexus to spend 600€ for practically the same thing?"
Call it the Galaxy 4s?
37. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
so you're one of those people who think the name of phone matters more than what it has to offer.
29. TheCellX (Posts: 49; Member since: 08 Nov 2011)
Well, I accept HTC One X is a good and nice phone. But people, Samsung just launch an amazing piece of HW and SW. The S3 is a beauty with a beast inside. This will be my next phone...
38. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I'm not a fan and i'm definitely not gonna buy it but i must say, i like the direct call feature.
39. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
what a freaking let down! this looks like another piece of plastic crap! why can't they make one that looked awesome like all the fake renders we have been seeing. This looks like nothing new to me at all. i actually think the gs2 is way better and squared off looking. i don't know guys, i am disappointed. guess i will get the note after all. what a let down!!
40. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
O no dont like the design its to curvy man i wish
it was the other concept design edge to edge even
the S2 looks much better than this same s**t
1 gb ram come in Samsung is it are we asking
what a let down
41. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Ugly looking long phone ile stick and be happy
with the S2
Samsung a big let down
42. Mr.Best (Posts: 79; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Damn you Touchwiz! You always spoil everything
46. azri05 (unregistered)
I'm not really agree it spoil, but yeah ics beauty is gone. sense is still the winner for me personally. sigh...
48. smack2012 (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 May 2012)
I knew it wasnt going to be all to that hype, and that is why I bought the galaxy nexus, unlike the s2, its pure google and gets the updates right away. And it has the prettiest screen out right now, I will wait for the iphone 5 for my second phone, wont be getting the s3
53. lsutigers (Posts: 817; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Nice phone, no doubt about it. However, at this point its either HTC EVO 4G LTE, Motorola Photon 4G LTE or iPhone 5 for me...
55. ffaarrooqq (Posts: 65; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Ahh what the hell!!! Why one 8mp camera? N I hate the back side of the phone becoz it looks like cheap plastic..