20.3 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS
(Lens Shift – depends on Lens type)
121.2mm (4.8inch) HD TFT LCD
Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, 6400, 12800, 25600
4G (LTE Cat3 100/50Mbps) : 800/850/900/1800/2100/2600 (Dependent on Market)
3G (HSPA＋42Mbps) : 850/900/1900/2100
1.6GHz Quad-Core Processor
Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)
JPEG (3:2): 20.0M (5472x3648), 10.1M (3888x2592), 5.9M (2976x1984), 2.0M (1728x1152)
JPEG (16:9): 16.9M (5472x3080), 7.8M (3712x2088), 4.9M (2944x1656), 2.1M (1920x1080)
JPEG (1:1): 13.3M (3648x3648), 7.0M (2640x2640), 4.0M (2000x2000), 1.1M (1024x1024)
RAW: 20.0M (5472 x 3648)
＊ 3D Image: JPEG
JPEG (16:9): 4.1M (2688x1512), 2.1M (1920x1080)
Codec: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, Sorenson Spark, WMV7/8, MP43, VP8
Format: MP4/3GP, AVI, WMV/ASF, FLV, MKV, WEBM
Size: 1920x1080/25fps, 1920x810/24fps, 1280x720/50fps, 1280x720/25fps,
640x480/50fps, 640x480/25fps, 320x240/25fps for Sharing
Codec: MP3, AAC LC/AAC＋/eAAC＋, WMA, FLAC, Vorbis, AMR-NB/WB
Format: MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Built-in Pop-up flash
Samsung Link, Samsung ChatON
S Voice, S Translator
Group Play: Share Music(MP3), Share Picture(JPEG, GIF), Share Document(PDF, PPT), Play Games
Trip Advisor, Photo Suggest
Google Mobile Services
Chrome, Downloads, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Search,
Google Settings, GooglePlus, Google Local, Google Play Store,
Google Messenger, Google Navigation,Youtube, Google Talk,
Voice Search, Google Play Movie & TV, Google Play books,
Google Play Music, Google Play Magazine.
WiFi a/b/g/n 2.4GHz, 5GHz
Bluetooth® 4.0 (LE)
GPS, GLONASS (Support A-GPS)
Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, RGB Light
16GB Internal memory ＋ microSD slot (up to 64GB)
＊User memory may differ by region, carrier, and supporting language, and may change after software upgrade.
Samsung Kies (Windows & Mac), Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
136.5 x 101.2 x 25.7 (37.65) mm, 410g(without battery) / 495(with standard battery)
Samsung Galaxy NX takes Android cameras to the 20 MP with interchangeable lens level
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9723; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Seems like a great camera, but Samsung didn't slip a price tag for it?
59. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Oh wait, this would be more interesting if they put front facing camera! LOL
2. ajac09 (Posts: 1418; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
this is one powerful DSLR for sure but god hate to see the price
37. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I really wish Samsung could come out with a DSLR, but unfortunately, their NX line including this camera is not considered as a DSLR, it's a mirrorless camera.
55. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Right, but their NX line is quite popular in the mirrorless segment and they do the job well. The NX20 is on par if not better than certain mid-end DSLRs.
5. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
No need.. I'd still prefer Nikon and Canon, no OS needed.
21. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Really because correct me if I am mistaken, I can't share to instagram Facebook or anything else from my canon, stop idiotically hating on Sammy this is a beautiful device!
26. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
One Sign of Fanboyism is calling a brand in a pet name.. Come here "Sammy Sammy Sammy" LOL
42. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Are you mentally stable? Cause you really should be tested!
35. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
Yes, but why would you spend $1299 for a camera with limited lenses and experimental O.S. Imagine how long it would take to turn on! If I want a DSLR I will buy one, If I want a "Phamera" I'll get the Galaxy S4 Zoom. Leave the Cameras to the Camera Company's and the Phones likewise. Its not a bad concept, and I'm sure that many will buy it... But for the money I would rather buy a Full Framed 5DII or a D300 for you Nikon lovers.
46. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
If you want to share the picture you've just taken, you're not a camera user, you're just a camera phone user. REAL photographers don't just share a photo
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
dude, they don't need to watch out. they are still best.
and your comment is nonsense.
23. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Yeah sure, tell that to sony, parasonic, nokia, hitachi, pioneer, sanyo, motolora,etc.
51. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
they know that's why they r not making camera like this.
54. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
I guess you misunderstood me. Many of those names are fomer #1's in their respective fields who laughed at samsung and got their butts kicked. 5-10 years ago, who would've thought samsung beating sony in tv, nokia in cell phone,etc. Is camera next? I wouldn't bet against samsung for sure.
65. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
so you mean samsung gonna beat nikon and canon in camera department?....r u sure?
40. Potato. (banned) (Posts: 607; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
No need to watch out. The time this camera would take to turn on, Nikon and Canon would have captured hundreds of photos.
44. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Because this can be like them? lol
Not even close, not even.
4. JaseelEbrahim (Posts: 31; Member since: 24 Jul 2012)
Have a good time playing games and browsing the web on it.
7. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Just few of many possibilities....like putting special effects, putting special touches on pictures right then and there.
11. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Man if you are a PROFESSIONAL Photographer you don't need any digital touches. Buy DECENT LENSES..
32. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
yup, this sammy will do decent interchangeable lenses TOO!!!
48. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
Can it match my 18-135mm IS STM? I think not. and that's the most basic lens I have
13. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Do you know any professional photographers? I heard someone say that nowadays any self-respecting pro photographers use digital touches before print.
Besides, most people who buy these cameras are not pros.
16. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Then why do you need these kind of cameras? Just for INSTAGRAM?? WTH
19. jdoee100 (Posts: 334; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Same reason as why we need sports cars, gold watches,etc.
27. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Oh yeah just to boast you are rich.. What a LIFE!
14. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
YAY! 4G LTE in a camera so that you can use up data faster by sharing 20 Megapixel photos on Instagram!
17. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
LOL INSTGARAM should upgrade their DATABASE!
8. suyogonhisown (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
something about this just don't want to sink in ..do we need these gimmicky devices ? first they took the good old point and shoots and now mighty dslr's ..slapping android over everything and anything !
24. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
hey, we need them like we need the nokia 41MP, etc, etc... now lets wait for the nokia 100MP!!!
56. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Well said! haha!
And suyonblabla, like it or not, Android is future. Cars, home appliances, pcs, nearly every electronic device will feature Android in the near future.
10. ionutstoica (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 May 2013)
I have already did a review for the Galaxy NX. Find it on youtube searching ionustoica, the latest video uploaded or find the link on twitter @ionutstoica
15. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
A Camera? I wont buy anything that is not Canon or Nikon. Android or not is irrelevant.
20. akki20892 (Posts: 3775; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
check photo no. 4 - they are showing several shot of skateboard person. looks like copying to me. here
43. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
You're saying they're copying Nokia, with a demonstration? No. Just no.
53. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That makes absolutely no sense. The demonstration has nothing to do with the device itself, it was just showing off a feature that is now standard and can't belong to a specific company.
I can tell just from you calling that copying that you are a completely irrational person.
22. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Beautiful device Sammy!! Well done....shut those haters up!
28. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
your back humping samsungs leg i see
the simple fact is android isnt needed for these type of camera's, if your serious about photography you wont care about the os, you want amazing results, not some underpowered editing. if there going to edit they will use real photo editing software
this is just a case of ''put android in everything and it will sell'' Nikon and Canon (which this will be in competition against) arent worried. its hard for people like you to be subjective
34. illiad (Posts: 114; Member since: 07 Feb 2012)
erm heard of the Nikon Coolpix S800c?? guess what OS it uses.... :P
61. whoyton2 (banned) (Posts: 142; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
And your back humping my leg....please just stop stalking my posts, I like samsung NAnd android ok, is that any of your business, no so gtfo...
64. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so you cant come back with a proper reply to what ive said, and according to you replying to one of your fanboy comments is stalking
wow you arent that popular, if you cant take been called on your one way blind praising dont comment, if you keep doing so dont complain when someone replies
nothing about my comment was wrong
29. PunyPoop (Posts: 750; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
One Sign of Fanboyism is calling a brand in a pet name.. Come here "Sammy Sammy Sammy" LOL
30. GrmanR (Posts: 41; Member since: 09 Apr 2013)
What is the difference between DSRL and point and shoot?
41. chrislars (Posts: 77; Member since: 11 Apr 2013)
DSLR Has interchangeable lenses and larger sensors typically. Point and shoot cameras are your everyday, run of the mill cameras that do what is in the description, "point" at the subject and "shoot" the picture with no real camera experience needed, meant for your average consumer. Hope that helps (:
49. rgxVOiD (Posts: 437; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
The only exception to these point and shoot is Sony RX100
36. GJanee (Posts: 214; Member since: 29 Jun 2011)
cmon sammy, stop your agonising to attempt on rivalry against either the pureview phones or the DSLRs... you're just making yourself look miserable.