Rumor says new Nexus 10 with beefed up GPU coming at MWC
1. ajac09 (Posts: 1167; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
Pics and videos or STFU! (to the guys at bright side news)
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
It wouldn't be a rumor if there were pics or videos, would it? Evidence would make it a fact, wouldn't it?
7. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Eh, it would still be technically a rumor because even if they were to release pictures or a video we would have no idea what we are really looking at. It could be the Nexus 10 or it could be a new device called the Nexus 10 Pro. Also, they could just use a normal Nexus 10 and tamper with the benchmarks to make it seem like it's a new device (haven't seen that before but I wouldn't put it in the realm of impossible.)
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Its a rumor up until the moment it becomes official, regardless of evidence.
Idk what dr. Phil's smoking cx
9. _Bone_ (Posts: 1997; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Either way, considering a quad(octa)-core next-gen GPU'd 10" tablet I'm holding my breath for, this rumor is pretty promising as that's what required for 100% lagless fullHD+ gaming and movie playback, for other purposes a Nexus 7 should be enough.
11. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
I think theres a better chance they will put a tegra 4 in the nexus 7/10 than this.
24. Dr.Phil (Posts: 813; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I was saying exactly what you are saying, except I was using an example to explain it...
My point was that EVEN IF they released the video, we wouldn't know what we were looking at.
2. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
So the people who shelled out $499 at the Play Store and to the people who spent the extra money purchasing it on eBay will have a unit that will be "night and day" differenece compared to the new one? Sounds like Apple with their 3rd and 4th generation one.
21. imkyle (Posts: 938; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Oh yes stop making devices all together. That's a sarcastic question that should not even be mentioned. They should have tested the current GPU more thoroughly to make sure it could handle a screen that large in pixels. Releasing a device 2 months after the first one sucks for those who purchased the first model.
27. lonewolf2873 (Posts: 40; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Difference is they are not saying it's the new model like 4,4s
Im ok with updated product hardware. At least Google is addressing problems.
3. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Okay, sounds awesome..Google seems to be well aware of things and is making all the right decisions.
This could be my first tablet, if true
5. techguy22 (Posts: 226; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
wow.and i almost bought one on ebay. i cant wait. hope its true.
10. TheLibertine (Posts: 484; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Geez. But the iPad 4 was a decorative and over-rushed update...
12. HDShatter (Posts: 1014; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Nexus 10 is already getting outdatted by other devices running 1600p + tegra 4s so it makes since for an upgrade.
15. MorePhonesThanNeeded (Posts: 612; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
Wow, I have yet to see one affordable tablet running 1600p. Seen CES things, but nothing that is out now that a consumer can purchase running that.
Google will always upgrade things, seems that the original Nexus 10 bit off more than it could chew, so they want a better specified CPU/GPU combo to run it's insane resolution as smooth as butter.
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3510; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Exynos 5 quad and Mali-T658 or 678 would be a very nice upgrade.
17. MistB (Posts: 543; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Nope, insider info definitely points it to being Samsung.
22. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
That's too bad then... If the tablet look anything like the Galaxy Note 10.1 then I'll think about it.
25. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
IF it's Samsung, then I am sure Exynos 5 Octa also has Mali-T628. The performance T628 should be twice the performance of T604. Plus, we also get OpenGL ES 3.0 support.
20. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I wish as they make WAY better hardware than crapsung
19. papss (Posts: 2879; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
It's more likely in response to apples updated GPU, too bad there are no games on android that will show the power
23. half_21 (Posts: 44; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
This is one trend that i hate about google..they release a product then months after they release an upgraded device of the same product on the same price, which makes u regret buying the lower spec model rather than waiting for the improved one...(happened to me on my nexus 7 16gb model for $249)....hmmm,
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Can't wait for a Google nexus 10S/nexus 10+ , with a GPU of up to twice as fast , 3G/4G LTE , bigger battery , more colour options , better camera etc