Random carrier text message blows up a Moscow Red Square suicide bomber prematurely
The explosives belt she had on, was linked to a cell phone, which is often used as a detonator in such terrorist attacks by a co-conspirator who sends a text message when the suicide bomber gets near the victims. What the group didn't plan for, was a random text message sent to the Russian carrier's subscribers, wishing them a Happy New Year.
This reportedly triggered the explosion in the safe house she was in, just hours before the woman could get to the crowded Red Square, where hundreds of thousands of Russians usually gather to ring in the new year. It might have been an even worse blast than the one in Domodedovo, considering how tightly packed people are at these events - think Times Square when the ball drops. Next time we get a carrier's unsolicited message, we won't be fuming with annoyance.
source: DailyTelegraph via Textually
1. becazican (unregistered)
dont you just love to hear these things. lol. this made my day, there is a god.
14. boldvic (unregistered)
You spell God with a capital G its called respect .
19. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
i dont think the heavenly father himself (Himself) is going to give a flying hoot-nanny considering nothing is capitalized, so it is not an affront on him(Him), just on good grammar. plus if the commenter is hindu, and believes in multiple gods youre all of a sudden an intolerant prick. considering you felt the need to comment on a cell phone site about it to begin with im sure you are.
lighten the hell up
2. EPIC (unregistered)
AWESOME! Perfect start to the weekend!
3. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
Looks like "allah" (a moon god) wasn't protecting her. It's too bad these people can't see the error of this false religion. I hope they will soon know the one true God.
And before anyone starts a war on here, I've done my homework. I've read up on religions like these.
16. Atheist (unregistered)
That's funny that nobody remembers how Christians were the ones that persecuted and killed those that were different from them.
18. Your face (unregistered)
25. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
-1......got to b kidding me. facts are facts folks. most faiths are guilty of persecution through various periods of time. islamic extremist are wrong, but no more so than the catholic church was either.
27. PHONE_FREAK (Posts: 51; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
It is hardly, funny. It is true, but it is a sad truth, because those who performed this professed the faith but were not true Christians.
Any way, this is a phone site. =]
28. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
totally agree with that
20. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
then you would know they do beilieve in one true god, they just have a very different take on what the god wants
4. Mog (unregistered)
@cellgeek82 That's funny, I wasn't aware the article mentioned the suicide bomber's religion...so maybe you should keep your assumptions on her religion, and the veracity thereof, to yourself.
Because this is a cell phone site, and nobody cares.
5. kg4icg (Posts: 70; Member since: 18 May 2008)
Mog, maybe you should read again the last sentence of the 1st paragraph.
6. GeckoHA559 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Its bad people always linking violence to religion. The thing is, its also stupid when people like you link religion which you don't actually know anything of judging by your first few words, to cell phones for no apparent reason. I could see a point for mentioning religion here if there was any app or new app available for people of any faith, but seriously cellgeek82 your a loser.
10. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
Didn't read my full comment did you? I read up on Islam, I know what they believe an I know it's a powerful mindset. Again, I've done my homework.
21. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
1. unless u grew up in any faith a book, which may or may not be slanted by the authors perception and preconcieved notions about religion from a most likely christian author, doesnt cut it. i read a book once about space travel but i dont have a working rocket in my back yard to go get some moon rocks when the mood hits.
24. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
2. thank you cellgeek82 for risking your life so that i have the freedom to believe in a christian god, yahweh, allah, genesh, buddah, or a flying spagetti monster and NOT b persecuted for my beliefs. if anyone has a problem with that type of freedom in here than you cant call yourself a real american. the more this country focus on any one faiths god or gods the more likely we are to all self destruct.
7. Thelostone (Posts: 10; Member since: 02 Nov 2010)
"authorities believe they have been training with the aid of al-Qaida militants"
that is a pretty good indicator of what religion may be involved.
8. GeckoHA559 (Posts: 47; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
If you want to comment on bringing in religion to this article then this is not the place. As mentioned by Mog before, this is a cell phone site.
9. cellgeek82 (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Dec 2009)
For all the hate on here, the article did say al-Quida, which is an Islamic group. And why do I get "corrected" in this "free" country when I speak truth but Muslims get a free pass when they strap bombs to themselves and murder? I'm a former US soldier and I'm beginning to wish I never served! I don't hate those people, I just wish they'd change. As for bringing religion, an article like this usually starts discussions. If you don't like free speech go find a communist webite to surf.
15. Moses Malone Johnson (unregistered)
God Bless you, soldier.
Don't worry about these cowardly Libs on this site, they are the reason America is shitting the bed right now.
They are also probably AT&T Trolls as well.
22. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
u get corrected for the same reason we all arent talking red sox-yankees or superbowl bets. you do have freedom of speech and i have the right to tell u this is a poor forum at best to talk shit about someones faith. extremists are insane in any religion. otherwise we'd b stoning women for cheating on their men, killing every wiccan we come in contact with, ect ect ect.....
11. neters (unregistered)
jesus saves, gretzky scores!
13. dsg_cobra (Posts: 35; Member since: 25 Nov 2009)
GeckoHA559 , mog, you 2 are the pathetic people that want to start a arguement over anything. This guy made a joke about someone who was planning to kill 100's of people for know reason other than religious differences and beliefs, i dont care what religion you are, nothing or noone deserves to be call the shots to kill innocent people for nothing other than i different bible and meeting place on sundays. You 2 need to sit back and chill and not be so uptight and quick to argue over anything.
26. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)
i kinda think ur the pathetic one. the joke was fine, the one true god statment was offensive for a non religious forum. and also the "to those who want to start a war" was provoking people. so no, im not cool with that, or with any blanket statments made over any faith, period. i have a feeling if the guy said "Allah b praised for destroying the ones who misinterpet the one true religion" u wouldnt b so thrilled urslef. and id b reacting the same way. i somehow doubt most of the comments and thumbs up people in here would b.
17. theo14461 (Posts: 191; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Does it really matter why, how, or when? The fact remains, that some stupid psycho was planning on taking innocent lives, including herself. Glad to hear this person has been wiped out of society.
23. XxVerbalxX (unregistered)