Qualcomm to blame for missing Nexus factory images, and Jean-Baptiste Quéru "quitting AOSP"
1. androiphone20 (Posts: 485; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
just go back to work already you whiner
2. jove39 (Posts: 1129; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
That's sad...hope qualcomm changes their take on gpu binaries!
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 1476; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Google should no use Qualcomm chipset for their Nexus series if they are committed to FOSS.
6. belovedson (Posts: 806; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
It was a sad day when ti said they are bailing on mobile chipsets. To and at the time Samsung chips were dev friendly
8. skynet11 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
Michael H. I suggest you double-check those source links - you credited them to Droid Life but are really from Android Police - just a heads-up ;)
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2568; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Woops, thanks for the catch! All fixed
11. zennacko (Posts: 156; Member since: 16 Jun 2013)
Qualcomm = World-class Reliable processors, with Apple-class patent holds and claims.
Nvidia = hated by everyone, but at least you can has cake and AOSP running, just sayin'
13. omar98 (Posts: 30; Member since: 28 Aug 2011)
Nvidia isnt that bad IMO .. The tegra 3 has good performance actually and the tegra 4 is still to come.
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1602; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Damned lawyers. if I were him I think I might've let it be leaked. Or, at least left an opening whereby a properly motivated snooper could stumble upon it.
14. PhoneCritic (Posts: 329; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
maybe Google should get involved and work out a deal with Qualcomm. If the two Titans
( CEOs ) can talk without the scourge of the earth ( Lawyers Lol) then reasoning and logic would prevail
15. shahulvm (Posts: 74; Member since: 01 Apr 2012)
It is a fact that Qualcomm is one of the big companies that has more lawyers than engineers.