Puffin Web Browser review: Flash for the iPhone/iPad
1. Mike from NY (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 09:48 2
Meh...i don't think many of us care ab out flash anymore... at least i don't, i kinda grew out of that flash thing. just use the iphone for everything else, how often you gonna watch some flash content?? Maybe if ur a college kid, otherwise, day job can keep you quite busy! Of course, to each their own.
2. @mike (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 09:57 1
Maybe you use iPhone for everything else because you cant use flash. If you can't pull it up, you don't know what your missing.
21. molanjames posted on 10 Dec 2012, 00:01 0
One of the biggest complaints about the iPhone and iPod touch since their inception has been their inability to play Flash videos.but now every one can watch vedio on iPhone, iPad & iPodTouch .
3. i<3symbian^1 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:10 1
i bet those isheep who keep sayin flash sucks..blah...blah will b the 1st to download this app just so that they could xperience the awesome flash.....
6. PhoneLuver posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:29 5
Awesome and Flash in one sentence?? Really? That comment is straight from 2003!
15. kainy posted on 12 Aug 2011, 17:30 0
Well first of all the only ones that will download the app are iSheep as you said, but no ... flash is no awesome ... i personally never had the "need" of flash ... i i wont have that need it's that simple everyone wined about flash cuz of youtube ... now everybody can play youtube videos from sites and it's easy and don't require flash ... so play your flash videos on you Android device and be nice...
4. Sirlandry (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:16 2
If you don't have Flash well...you don't have Flash.
5. PhoneLuver posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:27 1
To be honest, I don't miss flash either! I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about!
YouTube videos work, who honestly cares about banners?
13. Heatfan316 (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 11:39 2
We know you don't miss flash, you do whatever your leader Steve Jobs tells you to do, he doesn't like flash so you don't like flash. If Steve Job sent you text, for you and all other fanboys to commit mass suicide, 90% of you idiots would do it.
7. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:36 3
Haha and this is why apple refuses to allow flash. The ifanboys sure did a lot of s**t talking about how "laggy" android is and yet look at this! Sure the fanboys will make any excuse they can, like how this isn't official, this isn't adobe flash blah blah blah but the bottom line is the iphone isn't good enough to handle flash.
10. taco50 (banned) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 11:15 0
This is an app so it doesn't reflect the iPhone's performance.
14. 530gemini posted on 12 Aug 2011, 14:15 0
@rory. No phone is good enough to handle flash. And yes, this is exactly the reason why Apple won't allow flash NATIVELY on their iphone and ipad. It causes lag, instability, and vulnerabilities. It also holds up updates when Adobe takes a while to get their act together in compliance to a software update, making the EOM look bad, when it's actually Adobe who's taking forever to makes things work. So thanks, but no thanks.
16. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 12 Aug 2011, 17:52 2
No phone is? Apparently you have never used or even looked at someone using a SGS2. The phone handles heavy flash with ease, no stutters, no lags, no hang ups. But sure, maybe compared to the little tiny iphone, the SGS2 is a tablet lol.
8. jeans94621 posted on 12 Aug 2011, 10:57 0
I use the Puffin browser for my main browser. I have not experience any of the problems that the reviewer is writing about. I think it is about your internet connection. I have a good connection and my browser is fast and smooth. The videos play flawlessly just as well as my netbook. I have an iphone 4 and ipad 1 and I use the browser for both.
9. drodriguezsd posted on 12 Aug 2011, 11:00 1
Why would I need flash when I have a MacBook Pro? ;-) Boo ya! But seriously....how is it unusable? If it works....it works.
11. Puffinboy (unregistered) posted on 12 Aug 2011, 11:18 0
I have been using this browser on both iPhone and iPad and have not had any problems the reviewer speaks of. The few times I want to view a flash video I use this browser.
17. xenover posted on 13 Aug 2011, 02:11 0
This video shows that Android 1 ghz phones can handle flash a f**k-load better than iPhone.
18. PeterIfromsweden posted on 13 Aug 2011, 07:01 0
I thought that the web browesr on apple store wheren't allowed to use flash ?
Has apple changed their policy ?
19. rex0422 posted on 13 Aug 2011, 20:03 0
I dont like this app, it cost me $.99 and i got something that sucks like s**t!
20. Mary (unregistered) posted on 08 Oct 2011, 16:57 0
I have this application, you klik and after some seconds you hear and see what you pressed(flash games etc) so.. Yes it is slow.. I bought it and dont use it.