Picture shows Apple iPhone 5C units getting tested at the factory
The photographer posted the photo on her Sina Weibo account and her profile reveals that she has worked in the QC department at the contract manufacturer since the middle of July. Along with the snapshot came a caption which read, "The low-end iPhone 5C to be launched for Chinese consumers in September doesn't look much different than the Xiaomi Phone 2, right?" If anything else, she has a future in captioning photographs.
The phones in question are said to be at the end of the assembly line where they are getting charged up for testing. If they pass, it's off to be boxed and shipped. Wouldn't you like to just reach in and grab one?
source: Weibo, NoWhereElse (translated) via Engadget
1. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Tons of plastic everywhere.
4. joey_sfb (Posts: 4596; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Cheap looking plastic phone. She is right and xiaomi 2 offer better value.
3. quakan (Posts: 1311; Member since: 02 Mar 2011)
A bunch of iPhones sitting on oven racks with wires criss-crossing everywhere. When wireless charging becomes the new standard, factory workers will be so relieved.
Just noticed not all of the cables are Apple cables either. I thought Apple was working on getting everyone official cables...better start within the factories.
15. taikucing (unregistered)
hahaha... oven racks. Burn them all!
5. piyath (Posts: 152; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
Plastic sssssshhhhhhhhhhhiiiiittttttt! Huh..
16. iGeek (Posts: 171; Member since: 15 Mar 2013)
Look who's talking Android fans. Our "LOW-END" is plastic but our "HIGH-END" phone build-quality is never touched by any android phone out there not to mention that some OEMs using the plastic sssssshhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiitttttttt in their high end phone and I'm pretty much sure you own one
17. Remmy (Posts: 85; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
But some metal Android flagships have NEVER been reported to have exploded, burned, or injured its owner. :/
18. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
But the plastic ones have burnt down apartments!
20. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
*cough* HTC One beats iphone in terms of build quality fact!
22. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I'm sorry, did i touch a nerve?
7. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
All of a sudden it is quite clear why people hate apple so much, these phones weren't affordable!
8. androiphone20 (Posts: 1654; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
just when you thought you can't get enough of the "iphone " articles
9. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Alan F. almost always post iPhone articles.
10. rawbow (Posts: 428; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
It is amusing to see so much hate for a manufacturer, you become what you resent. Ponder on it haters.
As always, waiting to hear and see everything plastic,aluminium,glass,carbon fibre, dragon skin , iron, magnesium, mud, wood, stone lol .
Keep the news coming!
11. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
NOTE 3 ALL THE WAY WHO WOULD BUY THIS OVER THE NOTE 3!?
13. Sondae (Posts: 232; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
Look at those octopus connection i hope it dont cause short circuit and burn it all.
14. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
"Wouldn't you like to just reach in and grab one?"
Nah!!! I'll pass
19. Roomaku (Posts: 278; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
I know i'm the minority, but I really like the Black and white combo even if it is plastic...
21. bohdan4ik13 (Posts: 102; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Just a tip: the fourth "iphone" from the up right corner has Android logo on the screen. They are just iPhone replicas.
23. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
Dafuq! You're right! This article is now moot! No wonder some people thought it looked cheap, its an android phone!