One of the first Verizon iPhones received by a customer in Indiana
This true Apple fanatic braved the snow to drive to his local UPS on a Satuday morning, just so he could start tapping away at his new device. If we weren't so mobile-obsessed ourselves, we might say that this guy was a little too excited.
But isn't this the kind of anticipation Apple and Verizon are counting on? Verizon already broke their own sales records between the odd hours of 3 and 5 AM, so they must be doing something right. When general sales open up on February 9th and 10th, we expect swarms of AT&T iPhone owners to be in line as well. We can't speak for AT&T or Verizon. But if the commercials are any indication, the iPhone turf-war has only just begun.
source: billa9668 (YouTube) via MacRumors
1. 09lexus (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 23:24 1 0
3. tpiazz01 posted on 05 Feb 2011, 23:29 3 1
I ordered One too and I'm excited to get the phone, BUT the fact that phone arena Put this article up on there site of a guy opening up a ups box is really pathetic. The fact that I watched it is probably bad too but come on ... I just bought a htc eve for my girlfriend and I must say it's a great phone and I'm wondering if I'll love the phone as much as I do love playing with her new phone. Save some pride and stop putting these articles up guys. Just a concerned phone arena avid reader
5. Zorin posted on 06 Feb 2011, 00:19 0 0
Have to agree, my friend. Love this site, but I feel dirty and stupid even watching the clip. Good thing he showed the knife, round the east coast, him and his GF would have been robbed (camera for evidence).
Don't let this site turn into another phonescoop -- I know the reviews have been lacking at times, and I find myself going right to phonedog for those. But I still come here for 'other things'.
16. protozeloz posted on 06 Feb 2011, 08:59 3 0
I love tech of any kind but I think this video gave me AIDS, I felt kinda bad...
4. Yoda (unregistered) posted on 05 Feb 2011, 23:53 0 0
Congrats, Hey wish I was you right now. I have to wait until the 7th. But Hey I guess I already waited this long might as well wait a couple more days. But congrats man your a lucky guy.....
6. LionStone posted on 06 Feb 2011, 00:44 1 0
It wouldn't have been so bad if she knew how to record a video...
7. Snredrum (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 01:01 0 0
Nice Kershaw!.......oh yeah, and iPhone!
9. JOHN (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 01:11 0 6
THATS FAKE.. OPENED THE PACKAGE BUT HE DIDNT TAKE OUT ANY PAPER WORK.. VERIZON ALWAYS WRAPS THEIR PRODUCTS WITH RECIEPT AND ACTIVATION INSTRUCTIONS.. IVE OPENED UP HUNDREDS OF THESE BOXES.. I KNOW
28. phonelady posted on 06 Feb 2011, 16:48 0 0
You can clearly see the Verizon Wireless Address on there, and I know what there boxes look like, not to mention you can see the red paper work he pulls out and shoves back in when the phone is pulled out.
10. Joe9065 (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 01:35 1 7
Ha!..I wonder if he knows he CAN'T call someone and browse the web to confirm anything online!..Thnk god for gsm
12. doubleD posted on 06 Feb 2011, 07:22 6 0
Seriously, do people even do this? To me, it seems like a very useless feature, if that's the AT&T advantage I'm perfectly happy without them as my provider.
It's like that car that can parallel park itself. I maybe have to parallel park once a year. I guess some people would use the feature, but I just don't see the majority ever needed it or using it.
11. itachi (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 01:36 0 0
@ john ..you can clearly see the "Rule the air" logo on the bottom of the box
13. darthquader (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 07:28 4 0
This is the saddest and most pathetic video anyone has ever taken. It's a cell phone, people...
25. unregistered (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 14:44 0 0
I would have to agree. That was pretty bad that people are that excited about an Iphone.
15. CB (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 08:46 0 0
Everyone has to look forward to something in life, guess we know where he stands.
17. Fedex worker (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 09:24 0 2
Fake. I work for fedex and verizon ships most of their products through fedex. We didnt process any of the iphones until yesterday, 2/5/10. FYI we did process 25,000 in 3 hours.
19. notafake (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 10:02 2 0
This is not fake. Since most of these phones were shipped from Apple they are going through UPS and FedEx. Apple uses UPS for all it's shipments so anything that came through their Direct Fullfilment went through UPS and anything that went through Verizon's went through FedEx.
18. JE (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 09:48 0 2
The weird thing is he got it from ups...Verizon uses Fedex for all shipments to customers. I've opened thousands of these boxes.
23. ecml posted on 06 Feb 2011, 14:34 2 1
Well Verizon shipped my phone using UPS before, just because you open up "thousands" of these boxes doesn't mean anything at all, you could have missed one haha
29. phonelady posted on 06 Feb 2011, 16:50 2 0
Due to the mass amount of orderes, Verizon has teamed up with not only Fed Ex there usual distributor, but also UPS to get everyone there phones in a timely matter. Mine is set for delivery on Monday and it is in fact coming UPS
20. austinesparzamoon (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 10:20 0 3
Apple uses fed ex for almost everything and everything I order from apple came trough fed ex so the is a fake
21. DieselSurfer (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 11:11 1 0
I am going to have to disagree with you there. I ordered iphones for my family members and all of them are coming by way of UPS. I called apple and they stated they use multiple shipping services.
22. monique24 (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 11:12 2 0
This is not fake. People, including myself, will be getting the iPhone delivered by UPS. And I ordered mine through VZW.
24. ecml posted on 06 Feb 2011, 14:37 2 0
These people are really annoying with "this is fake because it was shipped by UPS" stfu people haha. I know it's just a phone but VZW uses multiple shipping carriers and I would assume that because I received my phone from UPS when I ordered from them.
26. HaleyofSOL (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 14:46 0 0
If the customer workds for UPS then his shipments would have been sent by such.
Otherswise, most case they're sent by FedEx. This may also be depending on the area.
P.S. Iong live Android!
27. pipes (unregistered) posted on 06 Feb 2011, 15:08 0 1
To bad he cannont activate it until frb 10th
30. phonelady posted on 06 Feb 2011, 16:52 1 0
You can activate it upon receiving it, that is the whole point of pre-order.
31. Landmarkcm posted on 06 Feb 2011, 18:57 0 0
Yawn lol Iphone shmiphone webOs baby and hope Hp really makes a comeback w it at there big event on the 9th :)
32. fedex courier (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2011, 00:20 0 0
apple doesnt only use ups for their shipments, I've delivered apple products and picked up apple products from their store.
34. Moet007 (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2011, 08:29 0 0
I wasn't going to watch the video until I read all the comments and it compelled me to. On 1 hand it is kinda sad and pathetic someone gets this anxious for a phone, on the other hand everyone has their joys in life. So let's let him enjoy it...the only real sad part is the wife's reaction and the need they had to video tape the event...lol
35. dieselsurfer (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2011, 09:03 0 0
I was thinking, what if the dude set it all up! not like it is that hard to use an old box and open it from the bottom, from there he could put in the verizon magalog and iphone 4 box, tape up the bottom. Open it from the top and give the apperance that it was right out of the box...You would have to have just a little too much free time on your hands to do that....just saying lol.
36. drizzy (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2011, 09:35 0 0
fat fucker get a life...i hope it crashes within a week
37. Joe (unregistered) posted on 07 Feb 2011, 19:30 0 0
Got my phone today but when I activated it I got activated on another number not on my account and I got a 16 GB instead of the 32 GB that was on the box. I guess Apple and Verizon did not know how big this was going to be.