Nexus 5 briefly appears in Google Play for $349
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I like how no credit is given to the source, droidlife. Outstanding journalism Michael.
22. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
The source links are at the bottom. Outstanding reading skills squallz...
26. nobelset (Posts: 270; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Well, as you should know by now, a lot of people here are a footstep to going blind.
27. saffant (Posts: 244; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Very professional... NOT. Perhaps learn some professionalism, and realize to not add in the snide remarks even when in the right.
34. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Proper manners are important in society. It really wouldn't have been any harder for the exchange to go something like this:
Squallz: I didnt see any credit to droidlife in the article.
Michael: The source links are at the bottom.
Oh wow, look at that, it was actually easier and took less time for both of them!!! :O
38. bloodline (Posts: 704; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
oh you girls shut up, I like Michael's response F** all this political correctness.
Squallz got owned, deal with it.
46. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Peh. I appreciate that Michael jumps into the fray when called for. He has a right to be fed up with the incessant potshots at PA's journalism/professionalism/bias.
49. medicci37 (Posts: 1037; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
Would be nice if the reader's had as much freedom to express their opinions as the writer's do though. I get tired of being warned over stupid sh*t because someone doesn't like my opinion. Never used to be that way. I miss that about PA
51. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Right, the potshots at their professionalism by not acting professional. Not to mention they regularly edit the articles after posting and fail to say what they edited. So it is entirely possible that when squallz read it that they really didn't source it yet. Or possibly only sourced the Play Store.
I don't really think they're biased, before the launch of an Apple product they have a bunch of apple stuff, before the launch of Microsoft stuff they have a bunch of that, and before the launch of Android flagships they have a bunch of stories on those. Not much bias in the stories either, it's just fanboys getting butthurt when they dont see enough stories about the things they care most about...even though theyre complaining on the day the new iphone or galaxy device gets launched. I just read their comments as "Rabble rabble rabble"
53. ThePython (Posts: 592; Member since: 08 May 2013)
It's the internet kids... put your big boy panties on.
55. a_merryman (Posts: 749; Member since: 14 Dec 2011)
Yeah....we should just devolve into the youtube comments so that nothing worthwhile ever gets said. I don't really care what squallz said, but Michael is supposed to be an employee of this place and a journalist. Show some professionalism and just correct squallz without the sass. I'm sorry I expect the bloggers themselves to be the bigger men and not act like the children that frequent the comment sections.
50. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You must've added that later >.>
20. alterecho (Posts: 1095; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Nexus 4 was better in my opinion. That had that million dollar design with that crystal reflection back and all.
33. sprockkets (Posts: 1573; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
But ppl complained it cracked and scratched.
2. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Nexus 4 LTE does not exist
Neither does a larger battery capacity model of nexus 5
43. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Except the standard Nexus 4 has full LTE if you're on T-mobile. So there is (and has always been) that option.
12. imkyle (Posts: 1048; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Agree. While the specs are up to par, they could have made is a little less of a stretched out Nexus 7.
32. TheYellowDart (Posts: 20; Member since: 18 Oct 2013)
Never understood why people care about the appearance of their phone. All that matters to me is the screen quality cause thats all i'm gonna be looking at. The rest just goes into a slim case to protect the dern thing from my own stupidity.
37. Pancholo (Posts: 380; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
A million times this.
If people are stupid, they get a cover, making them clever. If people are boring, they get an iPhone, which somehow makes them "interesting." What a silly society.
4. PootisMan (Posts: 223; Member since: 02 Aug 2013)
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGLE!!! FOR THE LAST TIME, PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!!!
6. N-fanboy (Posts: 538; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
I'll buy this thing if its smaller than my xperia Z.
25. haroonazeem638 (Posts: 132; Member since: 29 Mar 2011)
I can bet you it is. Sony is going crazy with the bezels.
7. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 734; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Awesomeness. . Please Google. I want one. But I'm in India. . Please launch here also with same price point. . Please. ..
17. htc_evo_3d (Posts: 84; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
We all expect the same.. Last week my friend bought nexus 4 here in India and I could not believe my eyes, the device is freakingly FAST enough to handle 15 apps at a time.
Next time I am going to buy this Nexus 5 if released in India.
45. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 734; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
But it was released by LG and priced higher.. That is why I didnt buy it.. I want it at cheap price... If Google launches it at $349 in USA, it would be close to $500 in India if LG launches it.... Thats the sad part.. I want google to release it...
9. samsungIScopycat (banned) (Posts: 27; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
no LTE .... and boring design...
10. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
Told Samsung to stop using Glossy Plastic yet?
14. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
There is LTE. What do you want in a design? A graffiti? Horns coming out of the back cover? A big apple picture on the back? LOL
30. Adrian38 (Posts: 140; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
No LTE? Where the hell have you been? This most certainly supports LTE.
15. greathero1 (Posts: 544; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I love the minimalist design and the price point. Can anybody confirm T Mobile LTE bands because if so, I think I've found my back up phone replacement.
44. NexusPhan (Posts: 587; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Let me Google that for you.
16. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
If only it was a liiiiiiiiiitle bit thinner
23. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
It's already thinner than a Nexus 4 which has a smaller screen. If it was any thinner, you would have to settle for a smaller screen......like an iPhone.
19. GeekMovement (Posts: 1909; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
If next year they release the next nexus, will they call it the nexus 6? What about the year after since their tablet already got the nexus 7 name? Will be interesting to see what kind of name they will come up with. Nevertheless, I'm stoked and excited for this.
21. rodkurt (Posts: 128; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
again other countries can't relate and would buy it for a much higher value.
41. TediT (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
that sucks I know. I live in Albania and we cant use google play to buy devices and Nexus 4 was sold here for $600. This time I'm gonna order it from someone in US and just mail it
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
if this comes out for Verizon i'll be sold.
47. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
I highly highly highly doubt it. If I had any confidence that Verizon would support the Nexus 5, I would have held out for it. Until they drop CDMA completely, I have no reason to believe they will. I'll just look forward to KitKat on the new Droids.
48. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5685; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'll probably get a Moto X myself if the Nexus 5 has no Verizon availability.
31. dickwyn (Posts: 602; Member since: 07 May 2012)
those icons look pretty good. waiting for a port
35. Taters (Posts: 4649; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Nexus 5 is based on the screen size. Next one won't be Nexus 6. It will be Nexus 4 2014 or Nexus 5 2014. Just like Nexus 7 2013 and the soon to be released Nexus 10 2013.
Going any other way runs into problems like Geeky movement just said.
36. sunnyfpy (Posts: 61; Member since: 12 May 2013)
Never a best seller from the beginning ,only latest Android OS at launch .
52. andynaija (Posts: 648; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Wait if the front-facing camera is in the middle where would the earpiece be?
54. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
The earpiece is in the middle, the FFC is in the top left corner (it's a tiny thing).
56. kosal (Posts: 16; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
Thats the proximity sensor on the left and FCC in the middle..... Now where the earpiece???
57. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
Unless the earpiece is on the top of the phone (which I doubt), the earpiece is in the center, the ffc is on the left, and the prox/light sensor is hidden on the right. Can't usually see the prox sensor on a black phone, especially in a press photo.
58. kosal (Posts: 16; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
Yes you are right....ive looked at the image closely now