Next-generation Apple iPad to start mass production as early as next month
Thanks to the fifth-generation iPad, Apple is expected to ship 8 million units of its 9.7 inch tablets in the third quarter with a gain in the fourth quarter thanks to the holiday season. But it isn't all good news for Apple as the buzz around the water cooler suggests that the next iteration of the Apple iPad mini will be delayed with mass production dropped back from September to November. The reason for the delay might have something to do with Apple's marketing strategy. The Cupertino based tech titan feels that sales of its 9.7 inch tablet, which is more profitable than the iPad mini, were negatively affected last year by the 7.9 inch smaller version and does not want to see that repeated. As a result, Apple would like to give its larger sized tablet a chance to perform on its own at first, and has focused on the 9.7 inch iPad for 2013.
Not everyone is convinced that this is the reason for the delay and some are blaming the inability of the supply-chain to deliver components on schedule as the reason for the delay in production of the iPad mini.
4. Envy8 (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 May 2013)
Apple has not done anything too long. But next week will surprise everyone
2. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
apple is greediest money making oem.they not hear for customers who want next ipad mini.instead convince them to buy a product from which they get more profit
5. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Hate to tell you this, but all oem's are greedy.
14. JunitoNH (Posts: 1238; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Hate to tell you, but that's the purpose of being in business.
6. selena1000 (Posts: 84; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
no matter how much you hate apple,ipad is the best tablet in market 2nd is Asus in my opinion
9. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Which iPad app do you use that make it better than Asus?
15. Ninetysix (Posts: 1856; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
7. jlim33 (Posts: 18; Member since: 30 May 2013)
WWDC 2013 will surely launch new products and will regain Apple's sales.
11. darkkjedii (Posts: 14708; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Bring on this beauty of a beast. Cannot wait to sell my iPad 3, and nab the latest.
12. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Better sell now if you intend to nab the latest. Even Apple is selling iPad 3 cheap as refurbish set in the Apple online store.
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7005; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
the next generation iPad will look the same and yet consumers still have no clue the difference between the Ipad3/Ipad4