New Windows ads put away attacks and tout its unified design
1. ketchupPopsickes (Posts: 3; Member since: 08 May 2012)
I actually like the look of the tiles this way
13. jdoee100 (Posts: 269; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
The tile design has been out for some time now, and I still think it's a horrible design. It just looks too bulky to me. Android and ios designs are much better.
3. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Finally! Microsoft getting the advertisements right! Now fix your stupid Xbox One business model!
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
I preferred the XBox One's all in one entertainment system, but microsoft needs to get rid of the online every 24hrs nonsense. Or else PlayStation is the winner.
If you are a serious gamer you need to own both consoles though to play their respective exclusive games. Many of my friends have both PS3 and Xbox 360. Im more of a casual PC gamer.
5. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
they need to lay drop their demands lot more then just a bit.
11. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
Agree with you........ I think executives at Microsoft are bigger fans of Playstation, and don't want PS to loose Market, that's the reason they have taken so much dumb moves regarding Xbox one....... I was so much excited for Xbox one, but Microsoft just killed major part of my excitement.........
26. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
agreed but we stilll have PC to hold the crown
15. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If you are a true gamer, you have to get Wii U and PS4. Xbox ONE is a complete fail. Unless you are a Halo fanboy. Nintendo has the best exlusives and PS4 best graphics. Xbox ONE has only one thin: TV
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
If you are a true gamer, you have to get Wii U and PS4. Xbox ONE is useless. Nintendo has the best exlusives and PS4 has the best graphics. Xbox ONE has only one thing: TV
18. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
if your a true gamer you get a custom pc that has graphics beyond any console and mods for games that add more then any dlc
the ps4 and xbox one are similar and in the end give the same sort of experience. the fanboy wars about these consoles is stupid just buy the one you prefer and enjoy. niether are miles ahead of the other
wii U is more for casual fun, family games etc
your not a true gamer, besides true gamers would probably have both consoles to enjoy the exclusives each others
24. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Casual fun/family games? Monster hunter, zelda, pikmin, bayonetta 2, new game by monolith soft, smash brothers, donkey kong country, assassins creed, batman, cod, watch dogs, zombi u, injustice, resident evil, mass effect, warriors orochi. There are many games for hardcore players.
And yes, I agree that a ultimate gaming PC gives the best graphics but you have to pay 4000 euros for that. And consoles give you a special feeling to the game, if you know what I mean.
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nintendo never really made a games console for serious gaming, there more for fun and entertainment. they do it well too the wii was a big hit and the ds etc are excellent. but if you want hardcore gaming your first thought wouldnt be nintendo
yeah you would be paying more but true gamers would do this, they would spend to enjoy games to higher levels then any console owner could.
real question is what makes the ps4 for hardcore gamers but the xbox one is useless. there essentially offering the same experience with different tie ins i.e. xbox having to be online least once a day
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
PS4 has DDR5 memory but Xbox only DDR3. Also Sony's built quality and customer service is much better. The Playstation has much more future than Xbox. You can't sell your games on Xbox and the software is much better on PS4. All those things you can do while you're playing like chatting on PSN and watching you're friends live gameplay. And you also can play games when they still are not fully downloaded and you can choose to download single or multiplayer part of the game first. Also there's much more good exclusives for PS4 than Xbox.
33. haseebzahid (Posts: 1775; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
its GDDR5 i think its not DDR5 since there is no DDR4 yet in market and its not that out of the wolrd GDDR5 is on 3 years old PC GFX Cards
34. ArtSim98 (Posts: 1120; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well yes its GDDR. Sorry about that. But I guess everybody still understood it.
29. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
I actually wish phonearena would talk a bit more about console or at least cover what happened during the E3 event . I mean PA talks about tablets, windows 8, google glass, iwatch and Apple TV even though it is "phone"arena. I would like to hear the authors's opinion on consoles or other major gadgets. It wouldn't hurt them, right?
7. antifanboy14 (Posts: 51; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
Boring Live Tiles, I think they need to get redesinged.
8. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It is nice looking advertisement, I like it.
But "first browser build for touch" - really? I don't think so!
30. applesauce (banned) (Posts: 165; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
It's accurate; Microsoft had the first touch-based browsers on its Windows Tablets, most notably with the Windows XP Tablet Edition (ref:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E
arly_tablet_computers& http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H istory_of_tablet_computers)
35. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4600; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Wasn't first browsers build for touch in smartphones?
10. jibraihimi (Posts: 539; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
This ads are nice..... Hope companies makes more of these types of ads, showing features of their products, instead of just plainly bashing their opponents in their ads.........
12. Taters (Posts: 2374; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
I finally got a chance to really use Windows 8 since my new work laptop has it and is a touchscreen. Right now, Windows 7 seems so much better, hopefully that changes soon though. Windows XP and Windows 7 were the two best. Not sold on Windows 8 yet.
17. alltechinside (Posts: 234; Member since: 21 Apr 2013)
Is it the live tiles that you dislike? Or the fact that you don't have a start button? If so, just install classic shell(free) or spend a bit more money to get start8 or startisback.
I actually like windows 8. It's smooth, fast and I liked the little things they added (task manager, multiple displays, etc...). I hated live tile apps on desktops, so I just installed a startbutton to bring the awesomeness of windows 7 back :D
14. sats.mine2k4 (banned) (Posts: 208; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
MS: We have the same crappy design everywhere... Please buy us...we promise we will not improve
19. twens (Posts: 446; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
watching this on my dell xps 15....w8 is just cool
20. papss (Posts: 3429; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
I have a pro and W8 is pretty good nice on it..sure there was a learning curve but now I'm good with the OS.
23. ZeroCide (Posts: 678; Member since: 09 Jan 2013)
Agreed everone i have upgraded to W8 has a bit of a leaning curve but eventually they tell me that they love it.
27. jroc74 (Posts: 3978; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
"New Windows ads put away attacks and tout its unified design"