New Samsung S Band activity tracker leaked
Called Samsung S Band, the alleged new device is an activity tracker. As you may know, Samsung announced an S Band last year as well, but that one didn’t make it to market.
The new S Band should be released as a fitness accessory for the Galaxy S5 and other Samsung smartphones. Unlike the Samsung Gear Fit (which is also used to track fitness activity), the S Band doesn’t seem to have a proper display, and this should make it considerably cheaper. We’re hearing that the Gear Fit will cost $200, so perhaps the S Band will be sold for no more than $100.
The S Band can monitor your daily activity (including calories and distance), and even your sleep quality. It connects to Samsung’s Activity Tracker App and S Health 3.0 on your handset, that's how it shows you the info it gathers.
It’s not clear if Samsung intends to release this new S Band in the near future. But since the new Galaxy S5 will go on sale on April 11, we’re probably going to hear more on this pretty soon. Until then, check out the S Band in the slideshow below.
1. Kishin (Posts: 598; Member since: 30 May 2013)
Whats the difference between this Gear Fit??
15. Finalflash (Posts: 1674; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Looks to be a simpler longer lasting version since the screen seems basic and it has simple tracking features.
3. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 429; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
no heart rate monitor or display for starters
4. Sauce (unregistered)
The name ._.
6. KillgoreTroutTime (Posts: 269; Member since: 06 Jan 2014)
You honestly don't see the difference? I don't get it...
5. Troysyx (Posts: 139; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
When are OEMs going to learn that they would sell way more of their products if they didn't make them proprietary? ??
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2694; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
HOLY SH*T THAT'S UGLY! Samsung you should have learned already..........
Sony SmartBand is so much more stylish...
16. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4281; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
That was epic akki
Samsung believes in ugly design and cheap trash plastic on there mobile phones industries
22. Tizen007 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
100$ for this design is actually pretty decent even though i'd much rather pay a 100 more for the Gear Fit.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3411; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
I'd much rather pay a 100$ more for Rado :D
11. maherk (Posts: 891; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
stamp the sony name on it, and I'll bet you're gonna fall in love with it. On every Samsung, HTC, and Apple article you always jump on with your lame comments showing your affection for Sony. We all get it troll.
14. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2694; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You're wrong. I wouldn't. This looks like a kids toy watch you can get for 5 euros. Why would they shape it like a watch when it's nothing like a watch? Looks stupid to wear 2 watch looking devices. Especially when the other isn't even a watch. Samsung just can't do beautiful design it's a fact. Yes I won't argue that it's impossible to like this because some people like it that way but the fact is that it's not stylish. Same goes with any Samsung smart device right now. Their TV's look good. And by the way I love HTCs design and the New One looks awesome so shut up.
12. Tizen007 (Posts: 516; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Sony Smartband is nothing compared to Gear Fit's design
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2694; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Gear Fit is freaking geeky. I would never put something like that on my wrist. Never. I don't understand why they even did that. It's like a Gear 2 with that stupid shaped display.
21. willard12 (Posts: 764; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
I imagine you have Armani suits in your closet, a Ferrari in the garage, and Vogue Magazine on your coffee table since you are such an expert on what is an isn't a good design. News flash: it is your OPINION. Sales numbers will determine what the majority of people in the world think.
20. willard12 (Posts: 764; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
It looks like a trillion other casio watches on this planet. Besides, it's an activity tracker. You're the Joan Rivers of mobile devices.
9. darkvadervip (Posts: 308; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Samsung just flooding the market like they do with all there products.
10. maherk (Posts: 891; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
they've been doing so for the past 4 years and they are enjoying a huge success while doing so, so why should they stop?
17. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 398; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
I agree with you totally, thats their strategy and it works well. But lately they is a tiny bit of a turnaround as S4 did not perform as well as expected in last few months. Who knows, maybe this year S5 sells less than S4.
24. GoBears (Posts: 342; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Holy haters Batman. It's just another cheaper option for consumers. If you don't like it then by all means don't buy it.