New Google TV device visits the FCC, the ASUS Qube
Being designated a “dongle” certainly means it will simply plug into a Smart TV set-top box or computer and provide Google TV connectivity. It will be controlled by O!Mobile Control Center, which was developed by ASUS and available for Android devices running Android 2.1 or higher. The control is handled via 2.4GHz Wi-Fi.
Outside of the copious amount of information in the FCC documents, what we do not know is when this will be available, and how it will be available, either as a stand-alone or as part of an equipment or accessory bundle.
sources: FCC via Android Central and Engadget, O!Mobile Control Center app
1. mydi.maus (unregistered)
Google +dish network =android dish.
2. MC1123 (Posts: 1249; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
apple TV, ubuntu Tv, google TV whats next? and who's better?
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Let's try Google tv 1st before we conclude :)
5. abhishekrocks (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
ripping off people in the name of technology
6. ChafedBanana (Posts: 360; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Whats next? Hopefully the death of cable tv and satellite companies with all their commercials.
7. HTCOE (Posts: 522; Member since: 20 Nov 2011)
i have a google tv already made by sony and its amazing
8. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Like to see A FULL SONY GOOGLE TV That would be awesome!