Netflix app for Android is finally for real, but only to select devices so far
Specifically, if you happen to own with the HTC EVO 4G, T-Mobile G2, HTC Incredible, Google Nexus One, or the Google Nexus S, you’ll be happy to know that you can download the app right now through the Android Market. As for the rest of the bunch, it’s unknown at this point when it’ll be made available to other devices since they have to individually test each handset due to the lack of standard streaming playback features amongst Android devices.
Nonetheless, they’ll be hard at work trying to get it out to a good chunk of other Android handsets out there, but be warned; it might not come to all. So if you happen to sport any of the devices mentioned above, go right on ahead and download the Netflix app for your phone!
Thanks to our anonymous tipster!
1. ogre150 (Posts: 22; Member since: 16 Apr 2010)
I've been waiting for this! Just downloaded to my Incredible.
3. Kartiel (unregistered)
Watching a movie on my Droid OG..(CM7.RC7)!!! Gotta love those XDA-Developers.
4. Kartiel (unregistered)
6. gus (unregistered)
For someone that doesn't use Netflix... is Netflix any better than Blockbuster app?
16. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
yaa... but it is a subscription... not a pay for each movie kinda thing... so if u watch the occasional movie like once a month then its not worth to get netflix... and blockbuster has a more up to date selection for streaming
17. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
its too new... need more people to use it
19. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
My fiancee didnt like your answer and hit me... the *#&$ did i do.
23. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
umm sorry... didnt mean to start a fight between u and ur fiancee.. haha... tell her she shud get a wp7... the trophy is coming out soon and it runs netflix perfectly...haha
24. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
we have yet to look at symbian webos and the lovely wp phones not sure if we wanna dish out the cash to try one.
its ok she has been dying for netflix since her laptop crapped out with an electrical issue. Laundry sucks now that we cant watch movies lol
25. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
haha well use craigslist to buy one.. then u can try it... forget symbian its had its time and webos will never catch up... wp7 will... just make the switch... it is worth it
26. vantenkiest (Posts: 308; Member since: 20 Apr 2011)
lol ill check into it but im loving android.. i quad booted my pc.. i have WIN7,MacOSx Snowlep, and Android 3.1 on my computer.
27. Lucas777 (Posts: 2121; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
would that not be tribooted? and get lion btw... wait do u use a mac?
8. cdawg (unregistered)
Been waiting for it for my evo but it wont play a movie running gingerbread
30. celljrod (Posts: 82; Member since: 07 Apr 2011)
Downloaded it last night on my Incredible and I must say it's freaking awesome. Streamed flawlessly over wifi and still pretty good over 3G.
31. Owlet (Posts: 446; Member since: 21 Feb 2011)
Yeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! Watched one movie on wifi and one on 3g. No hiccups!
32. sprint4life (Posts: 11; Member since: 05 Mar 2011)
has any one tried it on 4g on there evo
33. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
VIBRANT + 2.3.3 + NETFLIX = WORKS FLAWLESSLY :)