Need a Lightning cable replacement for iPhone or iPad? Here are 10 alternatives to Apple's official cable
10 Lightning cables for iPhone and iPad
1. Moshi USB Cable with Lightning connector
Length: 3.3 feet (1 m)
Colors: Black, White, Gold
2. iFrogz UniqueSync Lightning cable
Length: 3.3 feet (1 m)
Colors: Black, White, Blue, Green, Red, Pink, Purple
Price: $19.99 MSRP, much less on Amazon
3. Belkin 4 ft./1.2 m Metallic Lightning to USB cable
Length: 4 feet (1.2 m)
Colors: Grey, White, Gold
4. Mophie Memory-flex Lightning USB cable
Length: 4 inches (10.1 cm)
Colors: Black, Blue, Pink
5. Tylt Syncable Lightning USB cable
Length: 12 inches (30 cm)
Colors: Black, Blue, Red, Green
6. Belkin 6-inch Lightning to USB Charge/Sync Cable
Length: 6 inches (15 cm)
Colors: Blue, Pink, Orange
7. AmazonBasics Lightning cable
Length: 0.33, 3, or 6 feet (10, 90, or 180 cm)
Colors: Black, White
Price: $12.99 - $14.99
8. Mophie Premium Flat Lightning Cable
Length: 9.8 feet (3 m)
9. iCordination Reacharge 10-feet Lightning cable
Length: 10 feet (3.05 m)
Colors: Black, Gray, White, Blue, Green, Pink, Orange, Purple, Red, Yellow
10. The alternative: a Micro USB to Lightning converter
1. techguyone (Posts: 114; Member since: 18 May 2013)
And they're all breathtakingly expensive (considering what it is)
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Hi there Arte-8800.
Samsung MicroUSB cable = $19.99
Apple Lightning Cable = $19.00
OMG!! Apple is expensive!! Apple is ripping off its customers. Apple apple apple apple. blah blah blah..
9. RedRingofWar (Posts: 7; Member since: 30 Jul 2014)
They're not $19 everywhere. In Canada, Apple sells them at $29 for the 1M cable. Compared to every $20 or less MicroUSB cable I see, that is a rip-off.
6. apple4never (Posts: 971; Member since: 08 May 2013)
considering that i can get a micro usb cable for like a buck or 2. these are expensive. And what happened to these 3rd party cables and batteries causing phones to kill people!!!!! PhoneArena what are you doing, what happened to use OEM REPLACEMENTS ONLY
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 4064; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
And bet they don't last very long. I can get a 30-pin cable for the same price. Don't be ignorant, lightning cables are not expensive.
12. JunitoNH (Posts: 967; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Better answer, if you are indigent, buy an Android device.
10. Tuxedo_SNjr (Posts: 13; Member since: 01 May 2014)
Didn't PA post an article about not buying third-party cables because they could damage your iPhone.
11. Ninetysix (Posts: 1669; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
It said to make sure to buy "certified" cables.
13. aba71983 (Posts: 527; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
I live here in the Philippines $20 dollar is not expensive. Why you say $20 dollar is expensive when you live in good country like US, Canada and Europe.
16. techperson211 (Posts: 709; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
It's still expensive considering you're living in a third world country. Do not compare 1st world country cause companies pays them more than enough than the companies out there in Philippines .
17. aba71983 (Posts: 527; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Here in the Philippines it cost $40 compared to US price because of the taxes and the price here get high and I can still afford to buy the original one. I never buy third-party connector for my iPhone and iPad even it is less expensive than the original.
14. halofan1996 (Posts: 4; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
The 3 usb to micro usb cables i bought off Ebay for 5 dollars have lasted me 3 years and still going.
15. gorkapr (Posts: 54; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
Remember the Enercell charger, Auvio cables & Radioshack cables, for less than the original and is MFi