Modder replaces iPhone 3GS plastic rear cover with titanium one
UPDATE: Video after the jump!
Apple iPhone 3GS Specifications | Review
2. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
3. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
I'm surprised it doesn't weaken the WiFi signal since the iPod Touch has to have the small black plactic piece where the WiFi antena is on the back and the rest is the shinny chrome
4. ILOVEtechnology (unregistered)
Titanium? this thing has to be expensive, plus you can use it as a shield in a shootout!
5. thetwiztidfreak (Posts: 19; Member since: 03 Aug 2009)
according to gizmodo this is fake http://gizmodo.com/5479152/tit
6. zr1vette (Posts: 26; Member since: 22 Aug 2009)
hope you guys know this is a fake. no titanium alloy is RF transparent.meaning the cell signal cant pass through. just shows how much Phonearena is sucking the iphones nuts...
8. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
I dunno...if I had to give this site a bias, it would be towards Sprint and the Palm Pre. Other than that, PhoneArena kind of just puts it's on spin on things it considers news. I've seen them say good and bad about the iPhone.
9. Pings (Posts: 301; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Its real check the update: Update: As the video shows, the case is real. However, knowing how titanium insulates against radio signals, we find very hard to believe it's made of this material. [Modmyi via Engadget]