Majority of Nokia’s fan base still prefer QWERTY
1. myclevername (Posts: 94; Member since: 07 Jun 2010)
Nokia or somebody needs to copy the design of the now defunct Dell Venue Pro. I wanted that design SO BADLY but the Dell lack of support and commitment kept me away.
4. amancarlos (Posts: 42; Member since: 09 May 2012)
i use the dell venue pro and nokia e63, qwertys are the same, though i developed extra muscles in my hand using DVP.
btw, international DVP is still getting updates. i think, it'll also get wp7.8
18. cdgoin (Posts: 418; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
My sons and I all have Dell Venue Pros and I have bought 3 more for the future. I love it and its' form factor. I am crossing my fingers that Nokia and Windows realize properly promoted a Dell Venue Pro like device could make the WindowsPhone experience different. ALL smartphones right now are the same.. and there is no real compelling reason for a customer to get a Windows phone over a Andriod or iOS.. if they are comfortable with those systems. BUT if they had a QWERTY slider with a touch screen.. THEN there would be a phone that is DIFFERENT.. I am so hoping they do that, or maybe HTC.. and make it available for ALL (or at minimum AT&T Tmobile and Verizon)
19. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...there is no real compelling reason for a customer to get a Windows phone over a Andriod or iOS..."
Your statement is so wrong. But it is ok, it is your opinion. :(
36. snowgator (Posts: 3448; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Amen, Clevername. My favorite form factor, as rare as the Albino Yeti of the great mountains of Idaho.
Some choice please.....
2. jroc74 (Posts: 5643; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is fine. I feel there is a place for different types of phones.
I used to live by physical keyboards. Now I dont after going capacitive screen with the Droid 1. After using the Omnia 1....I thought I needed a physical keyboard....lol.
27. MeoCao (unregistered)
We users naturally want more choice, but the manufacturers need us to support them with our wallets, not spiritual encouragement.
The survey is flaw b-c it did not mention the higher cost and thickness of KB.
3. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And majority of Nokia’s fan still prefer Symbian.
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i hear you buddy.. but for smartphone at high end price.. for me, no... maybe nokia should put it on low end market!!!
7. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree with you, I'm even don't like Symbian. My comment was just related to article titles "Majority of Nokia’s fan base still prefer QWERTY". :)
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and instead of the good looking yet aweful s40 touch.. it still lacks some apps and features like multitalksing to be called smartphone! nokia is trying to push the asha line to defend against android.. but android is a smartphone OS but squized to low end and cheap market!
if they just consider of putting symbian on low end.. i think they can really go head to head with android in low end... symbian has at least a 100 000 apps on nokia store while s40 only have 25000 and its all java...
23. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1157; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
i agree with you unlike Android Symbian can run better on low specs
28. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
totally agree... symbian isnt a battery hog like android and it is really good at multitasking!
and symbian can run fluidly on 800mhz processor becuase it dont need latest processors of being 1.5ghz processor, dual core and quad core!!
i mean what's the point of 1ghz processor on asha but it cant do multitask? POINTLESS!!!
the nokia 701 is also running with 1ghz processor and it can multitask fluidly!!!
nokia is really making me sick of making bad decisions!! i think im a good CEO than elop... im not even studying business course!
10. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
I agree with you :D Symbian was good even though it had few shortcomings.. :(
its a lot easier to type on phones with physical keyboard though!! at least for me i can type without looking on a phone with physical keyboard like a blackberry or the nokia E Series phones
30. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
no what he says is true! nokia is define by symbian... people think a lumia device is a different brand coz its not the same nokia people get use to and not familiar with flips (i wonder why microsoft didnt name it FLIP UI better than modern UI or worst WINDOWS 8 UI) and honestly i myself when i first look at lumia, think lumia is a new phone brand... since it doesnt look anything that i use to see on a nokia device!
even PhoneArenaUser isnt a nokia fan or pro symbian what he said is correct!
22. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1157; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
correction: "majority of Nokia fans still prefer Meego*
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Correction: Majority of Nokia fans never had used MeeGo. ;)
29. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
hate to admit but this it true!! symbian is what nokia is... maemo/meego never had a chance to show what they got with nokia.. not even market the n9 right.. even though a lot of tech sites and tech people fell in love with it..
nokia is being blind!!! and STUPID! and BULLs**t!
6. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
for QWERTY keypad i prefer BlackBerry next is nokia.... but QWERTY nokia looks great.. but now, i prefer touch screen! :)
16. maverick786us (Posts: 142; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
yes over the touchscreen an old outdated keypad is useless. Yes a complete QWERTY keyboard is good over on screen keyboard as it is needed for fast typing
8. maverick786us (Posts: 142; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
QWERTY Keyboard is fine. But a numeric keypad is a CRAP! outdated obsolete and should be discontinued completely
11. StreetNerd (Posts: 782; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
if said this before:
WP8+E7 design= WIN WIN WIN FAP FAP FAP ^^
17. Johnnokia (Posts: 911; Member since: 27 May 2012)
If you do another survey about the OS, the title would be :-
90% of Nokia's fans wanna see Nokia adopting Android
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1157; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
No they want nokia to adopt meego back
20. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I would suggest that Nokia should combine the QWERTY and touch screen together. At the same time user could experience the QWERTY and the touch on their mobile perhaps windows phone os could be installed in it.
25. Glim12808 (Posts: 394; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I preferred QWERTY keyboards before until I started using WP touch screen keyboards. Now, I prefer to use virtual KBs in Windows Phones.
31. qwertypoor (Posts: 72; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
I want wp8 on e7 design to but I think Nokia should've bought webos think they could've made it great just my opinion
32. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i think the reason why windows phone let go of windows mobile because they want to go full touch screen..
but yeah... nokia should have bought webOS instead of HP... HP make webOS terrible! HP is also making bad decisions now!!
but i like the ideo of open source webOS!
33. ogy_dogy (Posts: 453; Member since: 29 Jun 2012)
Imho side sliders is the way to go cos of larger keys, wish nokia had one like that...
37. jack1059 (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
How about "The majority of Nokia's fan base still prefer a proprietary OS" or "The majority of Nokia's fan base want Nokia to give meego a decent shot", or "The majority of Nokia’s fan base still prefer all the functionality of older Nokia phones". With any of these, and your, headlines. Its pointless. Aint gonna happen under current leadership. Facts, user opinions, sales, marketshare, share price, etc. Its windows phone all the way, regardless of the above.