Locked and loaded: Gameloft's 'Modern Combat 5: Blackout' release date set for July 24
Modern Combat 5: Blackout promises an action-packed shooting adventure around the globe, with the story starting in Venice, Italy, where Phoenix is sent to protect a transport of weapons of mass destruction. A well-armed group of terrorists is set to interrupt those plans, and that’s where a whirlwind of missions starts to put the players through the action-infused gameplay. After Venice, you get transported to Tokyo, where you can witness "total anarchy", and this time around you’d be able to hop onto vehicles on your way to protect the WMDs.
We've already seen the gorgeous graphics teased time and time again, plus, the new game is expected to come with some special tweaks for octa-core chips (like the MT6592).
All of this action, with a beautiful visual wrapper, will arrive to smartphone in just around two weeks.
27. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
bullshiit, you don't know much about games... it's going to be minimum 2GB...
even MC3 and MC4 are more than 1GB
2. twens (Posts: 610; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
I hope the graphics get improved. Am spoilt by console graphics and gameplay. Lol
3. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Lol console graphics
Sorry but PC gamers are truly spoiled with much better graphics, gameplay, resolutions, framerates, AA, field of view, and cheaper prices
Soon PCs and mobiles will move on to QHD 60 fps, console games will still be on 1080p 30 fps or 900p 60 fps (or 720p 60 fps for MS)
7. jaytai0106 (Posts: 1268; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I really hope the UDH screens will be cheap soon XD I would love to get one so bad!
31. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I'm sticking with my 1080p monitor for now
I'm waiting for a 5K (4K 21:9) monitor with freesync/g-sync
11. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
lol Mobiles getting QHD 60 fps soon? Yeah maybe, but huge resolution doesn't mean good graphics. And on top of that, gameplay SUCKS on mobile
I agree on the PC part though. Still, I prefer consoles for some reason :p
30. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Mobile is already 1080p 60 fps, I wouldn't be surprised if the K1 or 810/805 or A8 were capable of QHD 60 fps
But yea I agree that consoles still have better games and gameplay compared to mobiles
33. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah but as I said resolution doesn't make graphics good. Look at some Wii U games even. Many of the third parties run at 720p. Still look a LOT better than 1080p mobile games. Resolution is so freaking overrated in gaming. But sure it's a good marketing method for developers.
18. mixedfish (Posts: 98; Member since: 17 Nov 2013)
Cool I didn't know my Celeron work PC could get QHD 60fps games. Where can I download the upgradez?
32. vincelongman (Posts: 1141; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Download the 4GB one 10 times and you should be good :)
35. hulk_14 (Posts: 46; Member since: 14 Dec 2013)
From heaven, download update for your brain.
4. Busyboy (Posts: 288; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Can't wait! Hope its even better than the last
5. brasstax (Posts: 144; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Will it run on midrange devices? Like the Xperia c3
8. joey_sfb (Posts: 2894; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
To game with Android devices minimum ram is 2GB that support opengl es 2.0
Minimum CPU is quad-core A9 or dual core A15.
That's the baseline for acceptable gaming performance.
9. kkmkk (Posts: 86; Member since: 06 May 2013)
my lg g pro 2 have a snapdragon 800 and 3gb ram can it run this game smoothly as galaxy s5 - xperia z2 ??
13. toushiro (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Jun 2014)
my z2 have snapdragon 801 and 3gb ram and best graphic games like gta series, dead trigger 2, assasins creed pirates or even sometimes asphalt is lagging on maxium settings.
16. joey_sfb (Posts: 2894; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Please remove your microSD card and try again. Lag can happen if the card has intermittent failure.
Don't have a z2. Not a Sony fan. Tried the smardwatch 1. Spoil 6 times during the 12 months warranty. Now I no longer can use it warranty expire. That's experience keep me away from their phones. Plus the thick bezel. ..
14. arenanew (Posts: 175; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
stop comparing crap mobile game with pc in we dont change pc on yearly basis but in mobile we change mobile . pc gaming on high end just we update driver and dx plus gpu even console . same as its don compare mobile screen or video with high defination tv . how people watch in 5 inch crap mobile set . android is making fake gimmick with mediatek and looting people . only pc gpu cost more than iphone 5s or htc m8
17. joey_sfb (Posts: 2894; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
No one here compare mobile to pc gaming.
Every generation mobile game keep getting better and better. I have gtx 580 sli gaming on Nvidia 3d vision but I still play console and mobile game because they offer different gaming experience.
22. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Mobile is different in a bad way. They are just made to kill time while on the bus etc.
23. gaara6775 (Posts: 288; Member since: 20 May 2014)
That is your opinion. No one will agree if he/she owns a nvidia shield. And even if no one own it still many people play games at home, not to kill time but they enjoying playing on their device.
26. joey_sfb (Posts: 2894; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Mobile gaming is for the new generation. Take a good look around you every kid grow up with touch screen phone and tablet much like the way I grew up with keyboard and mouse. Later I adapt myself to controller now the touch screen.
Its my choice to change with time.
28. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Why the he** would I switch into playing inferior games? It's not an opinion. Mobile games are made in much less time, much smaller budget. The gameplay is usually very bad. Physics are unrealistic. Games are made very easy (except for those sidescrolling ones that are mad to be impossible), graphics are worse. Small screen. Story and game mechanics are very simple and cliche like.
Okay you may play them if you want. I don't mind. But the games are just simply worse and the developers don't put as much thought into them.
PC and console gaming are not old school at all if you're trying to refer to that...
36. ghost4you (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
mobile games continues to grow .... and PCs had started playing games when you could call it lower .... so you should understand that mobile games are still developing young ..
39. joey_sfb (Posts: 2894; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I know PC games are generally better. However I like to play order and chao online in bed. Can I do that on the pc?
Do yourself a favor download the game and try it in bed and tell me its the same experience as playing world of warcraft on my desktop.
41. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well I have the Wii U so I can play full games in bed.
15. npaladin2000 (Posts: 132; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
They really should let you play single-player offline, and do a background sync of the character data when connectivity is restored.
21. hafini_27 (Posts: 247; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I really can't play Fps game on phone. Touch is just not comfortable at all
24. gaara6775 (Posts: 288; Member since: 20 May 2014)
For me its the best. Or else buy Moga Pro controller .
37. rency0722 (Posts: 61; Member since: 12 Jun 2013)
Good thing there's a wireless DS3 connection exclusivity to Xperia.
25. rag_29 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
Any mobile game can have the best experience only in tablet or ipad.. i faced the same issue for mc4 when switched to tablet the experience breathtaking.. those who cant afford console atleast should try tablet version to enjoy true fps experience.just try..
29. Daboss (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
I agree my mc4 experience was much better on a tablet.
34. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Console is cheaper than a high end tablet though ;)
40. marcski07 (Posts: 366; Member since: 25 Apr 2014)
+1 art, lol! buying Ipad air just to play games? i'd rather buy a console, and put a tv on wall on top of my bed that can be adjusted, so i can play while laying on the bed! HAHA!
42. Daboss (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Dont be silly, Console games cost at least 10 times mobile games unless of course you just want a blue ray player. :)
43. ArtSim98 (limited) (Posts: 2738; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Well yeah that's true. But the console itself is around 200 euros cheaper. Plus console games deliver much more value for the money.
45. Daboss (Posts: 42; Member since: 27 Sep 2013)
Nah! I don't agree. I don't have time to sit on my couch for hours gaming. So mobile gaming has more value for my money bro.