Liveblog: Verizon and Motorola announce the DROID Ultra, DROID MAXX and DROID mini
And so, just like that, Verizon and Motorola have embarked on a new journey to pour some fresh oil over the beloved DROID line-up of Android smartphones. Getting their engines going for the first time, a bunch of new handsets are expected to get revealed today at the joint event held by the nation's leading carrier and the world's not-so-leading device manufacturer. What we expect the companies to introduce are the DROID Ultra, DROID MAXX and DROID mini - three brand new DROIDs for the numerous fans of the brand that once kickstarted the whole Android thing.
Welcome to our liveblog of the event - it's for those of you who'd like to follow its development from start to finish and be the first to know about each and every little detail.
Live event tracker
1. Sakeem (Posts: 114; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
The wait is almost over. Been looking forward to this.
5. SouljaBOY (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
PhoneARENA.. Please make a review comparison of the best mid-range smartphone out there.. S4 Mini, HTC ONE mini, lumia 720, Xperia SP or Xperia ZR, LG F7.. and also if you can inlcude Motorola Droid newest mid range.. that review is going to benefit alot of mid range consumers like me.. PLS.. Looking Forward..
13. Chris.P (Posts: 111; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
Hey, SouljaBOY. We published a review just like that a few days ago. Do a search for "The new midrange" -- you'll find all of these reviewed there, sans the Lumia 720 and Xperia SP. :)
14. SouljaBOY (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Yes we Know, We have seen that article already.. What we want is side by side comparison of the mid range phones.. Just like what you do their respective FlagShips..
6. AppleHateBoy (Posts: 179; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Snapdragon 800 with large battery or go home!
12. SouljaBOY (Posts: 9; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
I think you always compare phones from their specs on paper.. In reality It's different.. Even S4 Pro is too much satisfying.. I have a Galaxy S4 and a Nexus 4.. but I don't see any much different in terms of their performance and speed.. both phones is more than fast enough to handle your daily task and even heavy 3D games..
15. NexusPhan (Posts: 294; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Try putting stock android on the GS4 and then compare.
16. kalloud (Posts: 52; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
You own a galaxy S4 and a nexus 4? But you said that you're a mid range consumer in your comment above!
7. Nostromo (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
XYBOARDS, I'll have to look-up the SNL Verizon skit. I hope the MAXX is sporting a micro SD slot and a minimum of 32 Gigs built-in memory.
9. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5427; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
is there anywhere to watch the announcement?
10. Nostromo (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Verizon: It's an old person's nightmare.
So true, so true.
11. sorcio46 (Posts: 390; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
Please guys write 15 CET instead of 5PM CET :P
19. Nostromo (Posts: 3; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Next time, guys, stream this event on your 4G LTE, (that everyone touts) network.
No word on a micro SD slot. Hmm.
20. saiki4116 (Posts: 266; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
At Last...one company made sense by not running spec race. Full HD on mobile device is just overkill. It all now comes how well Moto would have implemented X8 SOC...waiting for real world performance.. Moto stopped selling devices in India. Hope they bring it back.. :)