Liveblog: Samsung's Unpacked 5 event (could it be the Galaxy S5?)
Live event tracker
1. Reverence (Posts: 224; Member since: 16 Jul 2012)
especially after the new leaks(http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-Samsung-Galaxy-S5-leaks-in-its-full-high-resolution-glory-waterproof-fingerprint-sensor-16MP-camera_id53033)
14. akki20892 (Posts: 3562; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Note 3 little twin brother is coming. I mean design.
37. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Samsung Galaxy lineup is what happens when a company plays it too safe. Today I decided to play a game about guessing phone names by their looks. Guess what. I failed. The moment I gazed upon a Galaxy phone, I was like: S4. No Grand. No Grand 2. No Galaxy Mega. F**k it.
45. emanuelwooten (Posts: 3; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
its suppose to have 2 versions so hopefully that pos is the lame version of it and not the so called prime version
2. toink (unregistered)
It's been leaked and we all hate it.
9. hateftotti (Posts: 144; Member since: 03 May 2011)
I bet Samsung will surprise all of us tonight ;)
16. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 505; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I trust you, but if you're wrong, I will no longer trust Samsung.
22. hateftotti (Posts: 144; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Tnx.I will do the same if there will be no surprise ;)
27. xfire99 (Posts: 542; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
I stopped to trust Samsung after bought SM-P605 and last Samsungs device I buy.
Multitouch, screen shaking issues on all Note 8, Note 3, Note 2014 WiFi/LTE and Samsung give a sh*t to release fixes for them.
They missed to copy Apples, customers support and release updates fixes too.
33. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8665; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3? What is this bug/issue you speak of?
25. abdane (Posts: 476; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I really hope you are correct, if Samsung didnt surprise us, or at least didnt change the design and build material... i will no longer trust them and it's either The all new HTC One or the G3 for me :)
3. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2958; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Who the hel* gives a shi* now that we have the Z2? It's unbeatable! S5 SOOOO UGLY Only HTC can compare to Sony in the Android world!
8. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't forget LG, Oppo and Huawei.
13. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2958; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Whoops forgot about LG! They have great devices since G2! Oppo and Huawei are nice, but I think the Chinese have still a lot to catch up in the quality, support and software sides.
35. ArtSim98 (Posts: 2958; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Assure whatever you want, but please only to yourself. Even you know your wrong. Your EGO is just too high to admit you're wrong.
36. christophersalse (Posts: 98; Member since: 19 Jan 2014)
Says the troll who just couldn't resist commenting on an article of a phone he was never interested in.
4. nightfox11 (Posts: 5; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
im excited hopefully the Galaxy S5 Prime gets announced cant wait!
5. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1145; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
xcited indeed, galaxy s5 will take the crown.
6. evarod48 (Posts: 139; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
technology is awesome, I love seeing what new designs companies have on their new products. If you are someone that just bashes new phone concepts then I feel for you.
7. UglyFrank (Posts: 446; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
We know the prime will be the main flagship and it will be close to their patented design hopefully
10. FoneAddict (Posts: 206; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
S5 = S4 = S3 absolutely ZERO design innovation across 3 generations! WTF Samsung!!!
I'm still in SHOCK by those leaks of the S5. It they turn out to be true then RIP Samsung, it's time to let others like Sony, LG, HTC pave the way!
12. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Whatever, just bring it on and we'll see. If the S5 really looks like the ugly one in the leaked picture today, you're out, Samsung.
15. tech2 (Posts: 2200; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
That's what u said last year but they end up selling 40 mil units. I'll take your insult as a good luck charm ;)
18. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 505; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I don't care with those 40 million buyers, I only care about Samsung's design. They'll have to change the design to get even more than 40 millon buyers. The Wave I, II, and III is still the best Samsung design ever, and they should have implement that design on their flagship line.
21. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
So? What does that 40 million buyers have to do with this? The most important things on a phone are the features, design, hardware and user experience, not sales. With that being said, I still think that Samsung needs to catch up on the design of their phones, they improved a bit on their Note line with the faux leather back which is a welcome edition but they still need to improve more. Just look at Sony, HTC, LG, Oppo, Huawei, Nokia, and ZTE, their phones look good. Samsung should learn from them.
The Samsung phones that have good designs in my opinion are the Wave series, Galaxy S2, and the Note 3. That's all.
28. 1701nino (unregistered)
Yea,but if look closely samsung was not happy with their sales numbers,it showed that their growth started to decrease,for any great tech company thats a huge warning,i mean just look at nokia or blackberry they had huge sales numbers but when the boat started to sink it turned into titanic.I think todays flagship can't have just features,people demand great and quality design,most people(non tech) consider smartphones fasion accesories,thats why you see sony and apple rise,htc barelly but it is a shift.
19. Technobri (Posts: 78; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
If the crap design is true than I'll be looking into sony z2..but ill probably have to jump ship to get it since I doubt It will be heading to sprint
20. umerkhan (Posts: 19; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
Disapointment!! Sammy FugLY GS5..Samfung's design team sucks BADLY...But i still hope that those leaked pics aren't legit...But it doesnt seem dat way..
24. melcruz66 (Posts: 23; Member since: 25 Dec 2011)
I hope the S5 has better features than the Z2. If not im buying the Z2
26. geordie8t1 (unregistered)
i really hope these are not real, or are at least the cheaper varient of the s5, i have been a samsung fan since s2, had s3, was happy to upgrade to s4 even though the design changes were fairly small, however, looking at this device, makes me feel like it is only an updated s4 with very little or no design consideration taken into account,
rumour has it that there is 2 devices to be shown, so i am hoping that the S5 premium will also show its head tonight, and that they have in fact changed the design language or i am afraid my money will go to one of the other companies this year.
it is to similar to the past 2 devices to be considered a flagship, much like sony z2, its just a slight tweak to the hardware and then charge premium rates for already in use current tech. i will wait and see before complaining, the one saving grace is the addition on micro usb 3.0 port like note 3, but that is really not anything to get excited about when designing a new device.
29. 007akshay (Posts: 37; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
i think the design would be different bcoz s5 is waterproof ..that is it will not hav that plasticky leather back as on note 3.....
31. Mube007 (Posts: 98; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
Ntng spl in s5 designing...chinise designers are 100 times better than koreans engnrs.i m sure it will be a big flop event,if it is real s5 than its my promise u samsung that z2 will sell like a hot cake following lg g3 and htc one 2 u r no whr in my taste....gud night fds
32. iMemo (Posts: 103; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
I bet Samsung's S5 won't be able to beat the Z2.
40. Heatfan316 (Posts: 434; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I bet it will! It will have higher resolution, more features and now it's water and dust proof just like z1 and z2 so Sony no longer holds that advantage, but I think the build quality crown will stay with Sony.
41. Dj_Yawar (Posts: 27; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
well now expecting same old plastic and minor design changes
42. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
I bet the nexus5 will still overall be the best
43. freebee269 (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Aug 2012)
i have a live stream here.http://global.samsungtomorrow.
44. mobi_user (Posts: 110; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
Late by 5 mins, that means "some song" is still patching the phone.lol
46. techaman (unregistered)
Ok he'll f ing no it's ugly as duck no one will buy this am getting HTC or nothing
47. techaman (unregistered)
And now officially committed business suicide by releasing this ugly phone
48. techaman (unregistered)
They are not listening at all we want design we don't want plastic ugly crap now you just made every customer in the world mad don't want to buy this and it's Major biggest flop in the end Samsung
49. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
The dotted back design is F*ing ugly. Thank god I got the note 3. What the HLL were they thinking. Please be a premium model and make this the garbage model... otherwise... Apple is about to dominate even more...
50. xpr3ss10n (Posts: 55; Member since: 15 Dec 2011)
"Download booster" new feature combines LTE with Wi-Fi
Look ... now you can blow your data limits even while on wifi!
Water resistant! wow.... too bad it isn't ugly resistant!
51. youlookfoolish (Posts: 124; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Feels like a retread. Becoming cyclical like Apple. This phone is not exciting.
53. tlsmithsr (Posts: 79; Member since: 28 Sep 2010)
No price point on the Gear 2, Neo, or Fit?!.. I can understand not giving a price on the G5
54. BillyBoy (Posts: 23; Member since: 01 Jul 2013)
Now sony has a nice shot to make a splash. For the first time. Same for htc. Samsung S5 can be HTC's savior.
55. mobi_user (Posts: 110; Member since: 18 Jun 2013)
apart from the heart rate monitoring accessory there is nothing new. Do not know who is going to play with heart rate monitor.